STHs - Are You Happy?

DigitalGypsy66

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:59 pm

But man, when the Pens scored and that F balcony started shaking and swaying back and forth I feared for my life.
Some of my fondest memories of the '09 Cup Run was the shaking cameras after goals.

Morkle

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Morkle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:02 pm

I think its just geometry. In the new arena there is more feet room, which is good for tall people and good for trying to get in your seat without bothering others too much. But it pushes everyone back a little bit and creates a flatter angle to the ice. If the rows were up a few inches higher it would probably be less of a problem. I bet some people have a hard time seeing without being up higher, so they lean forward, forcing a medium height person to do the same.
Yea, for people with my leg length, that's not the case at all it feels like. My knees are often bent with my feet tucked under the seat because I have no room.

I hate it.

slappybrown

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby slappybrown » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 pm

I think its just geometry. In the new arena there is more feet room, which is good for tall people and good for trying to get in your seat without bothering others too much. But it pushes everyone back a little bit and creates a flatter angle to the ice. If the rows were up a few inches higher it would probably be less of a problem. I bet some people have a hard time seeing without being up higher, so they lean forward, forcing a medium height person to do the same.
Yea, for people with my leg length, that's not the case at all it feels like. My knees are often bent with my feet tucked under the seat because I have no room.

I hate it.
How did you feel about the Civic Arena then?

Morkle

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Morkle » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Didn't like it either. My knees often would have hit someone in the back of the head if I didn't have an aisle seat.

I understand that one though because it's old and people were shorter on average.

Now they're just doing it to pack seats.

Jim

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby Jim » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:35 am

The leaners are just trying to stay away from you, Jim
I am unavoidable.

skullman80

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:54 am

I suppose E was probably better, I just could only usually afford F at the time. I loved being right over the ice
Lower E was better. Upper E was terrible. If it was between upper E and F, I would choose F every time. But man, when the Pens scored and that F balcony started shaking and swaying back and forth I feared for my life.
I had season tickets in F29.. two rows from the top. Loved sitting up there. Great people, great seats.. 18$ a seat back then haha. The balcony definitely swayed though on big goals.

nocera

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:14 am

I suppose E was probably better, I just could only usually afford F at the time. I loved being right over the ice
Lower E was better. Upper E was terrible. If it was between upper E and F, I would choose F every time. But man, when the Pens scored and that F balcony started shaking and swaying back and forth I feared for my life.
I had season tickets in F29.. two rows from the top. Loved sitting up there. Great people, great seats.. 18$ a seat back then haha. The balcony definitely swayed though on big goals.
I had partial-season tickets in E30 two rows behind the "Hey [insert opponent goalie], you're a SIEVE! AND YOU KNOW IT" guys. Those were good times.

I did love getting some extra tickets up in F, though. My favorite was the last row of F. Being able to stand during gameplay did wonders.

skullman80

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:25 am

I had partial-season tickets in E30 two rows behind the "Hey [insert opponent goalie], you're a SIEVE! AND YOU KNOW IT" guys. Those were good times.

I did love getting some extra tickets up in F, though. My favorite was the last row of F. Being able to stand during gameplay did wonders.
I could pretty much touch the roof from where I was. The hike up 50+ stairs to F level was a workout though. haha.

willeyeam

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby willeyeam » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:54 am

I could pretty much touch the roof from where I was. The hike up 50+ stairs to F level was a workout though. haha.
I sat in the last row with my dad once.. He had his phone sitting on the seat between his legs - jumped up after a goal and the seat flung up and threw the phone back beneath us onto the concourse :lol:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby meow » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:26 am

The leaners are just trying to stay away from you, Jim
I am unavoidable.
:lol:

llipgh2

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby llipgh2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:38 am

All I know is that I miss the F level at the Igloo :cry:
Same. I moved up there from E, and loved it.

columbia

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby columbia » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:45 am

When was the F level installed?

FistOfCaufield

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby FistOfCaufield » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:54 am

I want to say 93, maybe 94?

llipgh2

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby llipgh2 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:37 pm

I want to say 93, maybe 94?
Googled it. 1993

dodint

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:32 pm

They're doing Student Rush for R1G1.

MR25

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby MR25 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 pm

They've always done that. They had student rush for SCF games in 09.

willeyeam

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby willeyeam » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:42 am

yeah dodint

dodint

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby dodint » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:53 am

*shrug*

I posted it as a statement without comment. MR25 getting bent around the axle on it is just part of the scenery.

mac5155

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby mac5155 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Haha. That is my uncle. He's in 224 now. They also "guard" the family bathroom (which I believe was repurposed). He's been going to the games since the 70s.

mac5155

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby mac5155 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Oh, and give it up ya bum. Here it comes!

NOW!

nocera

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Haha. That is my uncle. He's in 224 now. They also "guard" the family bathroom (which I believe was repurposed). He's been going to the games since the 70s.
Please tell your uncle how much I looked forward to his call every game. Made my night each and every time.

mac5155

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby mac5155 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:55 am

Please tell your uncle how much I looked forward to his call every game. Made my night each and every time.
Sure will. He doesn't go to games that much anymore - just too commercialized and expensive for him now, I guess. But his legend lives on, I suppose :D :D

nocera

STHs - Are You Happy?

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 am

Sure will. He doesn't go to games that much anymore - just too commercialized and expensive for him now, I guess. But his legend lives on, I suppose :D :D
To this day my dad will call me up after a high scoring game and yell "Bobrovsky, you're a SEIVE! And you know it!"

To which I reply, "Give it up, you bum!"