Fantasy Hockey Discussion

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:19 pm

It's not a "no brainer" but it's a deal I would likely make...

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:22 pm

It's not a "no brainer" but it's a deal I would likely make...
Thanks. I just can't see myself buying Schultz at his current value, so this is like a must sell high situation for me.

We still believe in Filip Forsberg, right? What I'm looking at is Schultz, Buchnevich, and Bjorkstrand for Klingberg and Forsberg. Seems like a couple great buy lows for me on guys I really believe in who are having down years.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:11 pm

Filip Forsberg is hot in the streets. I'd absolutely not move Buchnevich though if I could help it though...

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:24 pm

Filip Forsberg is hot in the streets. I'd absolutely not move Buchnevich though if I could help it though...
K. Would you include Buchnevich if it meant gettnig Sorokin for McIntyre when I have Griess and JFB?

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Who is McIntyre? Zane? I'm very indifferent about all the goalies you mentioned, except Greiss, who I think blows...

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Who is McIntyre? Zane? I'm very indifferent about all the goalies you mentioned, except Greiss, who I think blows...
Yeah, Zane. lol, I know you are not a Greiss fan. Truth be told, I'm not either, but the contract and JFB infatuation suggests that those two and Sorokin are currently viewed as the short, mid, and long-term tenders for the Isles.

Indifferent on Sorokin? Is that because of the Russia factor/NHL uncertainty? His numbers and international work are impressive.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:54 pm

He's impressed me, but that Isles team is not very good and his contract isn't up yet...and who knows...they pinged him once with a contract and got nowhere...so, I don't know what they're going to do to bring him over and when...so that's a tough spot...

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:53 am

@mikey (or anyone):

I received an offer I couldn't refuse yesterday in my Wheeler + Hedman for Crosby, so I had to jump on it. But now I have Sid, Malkin, Getzlaf, and Kesler as C-only players in a 3C league. The (fantasy) playoff schedule for PIT and ANA is unkind--lots of overlap. So I'd see one of my better players--regardless of who I choose to bench--sitting there on too many playoff nights.

My preference would be to move Kesler (obviously), but there aren't many suitors and Getzlaf is the name that keeps coming up. Best offer right now is Lindholm + Faulk or Scwhartz + Faulk for Getz. Lindholm's production has jumped nicely in 2017, and I am a long-term believer in Faulk in a big way.

How do we like Getzlaf to maintain over the next couple seasons?
How much room is there for growth in Lindholm going forward?
Could Lindholm = Getz in production in 2018-2019?

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:58 am

32 year old big slow player whose biggest partner in crime fell off precipitously...yeah, I'd be fine with entertaining offers for that guy...better to move him a year early than a year late...

Schwartz and Faulk is a fine offer.

Lindholm doesn't have the dynamic upside of Schwartz or, especially, Faulk...Faulk is an exceptional player.

Lindholm will also have more dynamic players in his way...Fowler at ES is a better puck carrier, Vatanen is a better PP player, Shea Theodore is better than him at both things...and that's not including guys like Montour, etc.

Lindholm is probably a better real player than fantasy player...I'd shoot for the stars and hope that Schwartz solidifies his chemistry with Tarasenko while Fabbri is out...Faulk is an impact fantasy player in my opinion...

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 pm

32 year old big slow player whose biggest partner in crime fell off precipitously...yeah, I'd be fine with entertaining offers for that guy...better to move him a year early than a year late...

Schwartz and Faulk is a fine offer.

Lindholm doesn't have the dynamic upside of Schwartz or, especially, Faulk...Faulk is an exceptional player.

Lindholm will also have more dynamic players in his way...Fowler at ES is a better puck carrier, Vatanen is a better PP player, Shea Theodore is better than him at both things...and that's not including guys like Montour, etc.

Lindholm is probably a better real player than fantasy player...I'd shoot for the stars and hope that Schwartz solidifies his chemistry with Tarasenko while Fabbri is out...Faulk is an impact fantasy player in my opinion...
Oh, sorry. We're talking Elias!

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 pm

@mikey -- so really it's Elias Lindholm vs. Schwartz as a fantasy asset going forward? Lindholm hits a bit more, and if he maintains RW eligibility that position fits my team better than Schwartz's LW status. However, Lindholm seems to be playing a good bit of center, and if he is in line to become C only that would really hurt his value.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Oh, that makes a ton for sense. Needless to say, talking about Getzlaf first, I had Hampus on the mind...my apologies. That was obvious and I botched it.

That's a tough call. Lindholm has not had the luxury of playing for a team with an offense yet...honestly, he should be better than he's shown at this point. Schwartz has produced and is still young and doesn't have anything ridiculous like a 30% shooting percentage or something weird.

I'd still take Schwartz, because his production has just been so much better to date...it's not even close unfortunately...

Kraftster

Postby Kraftster » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks! I was kind of leaning the same way unless you had a glowing review of Lindholm's as-yet masked upside.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Surprisingly, he hasn't grown much as a player in terms of his skill set since he came into the league...I'm pretty surprised at that...

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 am

Went to a live fantasy draft, one-year league and had fun making reckless picks in a 12-team...

1. Carey Price
2. Braden Holtby
3. Mitch Marner
4. William Nylander
5. Jake Guentzel
6. Zach Werenski
7. Sebastian Who
8. Matthew Tkachuk
9. Brock Border
10. Brayden Point
11. Cam Fowler
12. Nico Hischier
13. Charlie McAvoy
14. Clayton Keller
15. Dmitry Orlov
16. Anders Bjork
17. Kevin Fiala
18. Elias Lindholm

I had a shortlist of about 25 players for the 18 rounds, I just had a script of who I wanted and where so that I wouldn't be bothered by anyone's drafting habits. The only player I really got sniped on was Jaccob Slavin...thus, I got veteran Cam Fowler unfortunately...

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:01 am

Ahhh the joys of having that douchebag Brad Marchand on your fantasy team. 9 points in a matchup followed by a 5 game suspension. Idiot.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:04 pm

Man, so I'm in a salary league - and I've got two guys on an expiring deal with 7 million in cap space. I'm middle of the pack, but am gonna trade for the future I think.

Kapanen, N. Patrick and a 3rd - I get
Hertle (2mm retained salary for the year), M. Green, 4th - They get

Ready to risk it all.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:10 pm

If Nolan Patrick was more intense and engaged more often, I'd like that deal for you a lot more...even so, it seems like good value...(having no idea what the draft pick value is)

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:20 pm

If Nolan Patrick was more intense and engaged more often, I'd like that deal for you a lot more...even so, it seems like good value...(having no idea what the draft pick value is)
So the value is basically 8 spots. He's in 3rd place, I'm in 11, just 3 spots from the playoffs in a 20 team league. So if all things stay the same, my real value lost is Hertle. Mike Green was always planned to trade away because of who he is, etc. Both being on one-year deals, Hertle was a bonus - as I have heavy centers, with Crosby, Giroux, Couture.

Patrick would give me movement to flex next year, and Kapanen well he's a dynamic young winger. I'd have those two for two more years after this one.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Yeah, I meant, like what kind of players do you get there? I don't know if it's free agents, 2019 eligibles, random prospects, whatever...

I don't have a lot of time for that Sharks group, so I don't really mind losing Hertl...

I have some concerns about Kap and Patrick for different reasons...but the value is right if either one of them do anything in the league...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Oh it's probably going to be middle of the pack low guys, and maybe rookies that are ready to come up. I don't suspect anything major out of there.

I think Kapenan produces, if Patrick does anything more than he's doing now, I'll be happy. Either way, I'm giving getting two players back for less than the two I'm giving up after my year-end retained goes away.

The challenge with Patrick is that he's behind both Giroux and Couts.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Yeah, there's bigger problems than that...but hopefully for your sake he comes around. One positive in the near term is that Wayne Simmonds is going to be traded in the next three weeks. On a team full of crease weasels and slot rats (JVR, Simmonds, Patrick, Lindblom, Couturier, Weise), losing two of them (Simmer and Weise, the latter having already been demoted), gives Patrick more of a look. Giroux with experience at LW also allows for some roster flexibility if they want to experiment down the stretch.

If Kapanen is moved to make a push for this year (and I don't think he will be necessarily), I don't think he is quite good enough to carry the load. So if he ends up, say, playing with Vladislav Kamenev and Sven Andrighetto in Colorado, I think that will put him in a spot he might not be able to fight out of. Being an afterthought with Auston Matthews (and currently Patrick Marleau) allows him a lot of space...

I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't net a bunch for Patrick at your draft if he has a strong finish...#2 overall pick n'at...I bet you'd make an immediate asset profit and you wouldn't have to root for a Flyer...

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:20 am

ugh, dude pulled Patrick at the last second. Now I'm working on Kapanen, Drouin (to turn and move again, next year).

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:35 am

Drouin in place of Patrick...?!?!

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 am

Haha yea, he rated Patrick higher apparently after last night. So I was like OK, so let's talk Drouin then.

He needs a goalie, I have Koskinen available - so we'll see if he bites.