Brown/Robinson/Perriman
McCoy/Bernard
Fleener
Ryan Mathews
Pittsburgh

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:39 pm

I thought about Sharpe in my flex. Seems like a good week to play him. Will probably end up changing Mathews before 1.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:47 pm

What an ugly bunch of first halves for fantasy.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:41 pm

I think it's the right night to stack Kuz and OV.

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:10 pm

For some reason, I decided to do some crazy tournament picks...one of which was so ridiculous that I left $2600 in salary on the table...if it's worth talking about (really poor or really good) I'll post some details for Kraftster, who is a tournament fiend...

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:22 am

For some reason, I decided to do some crazy tournament picks...one of which was so ridiculous that I left $2600 in salary on the table...if it's worth talking about (really poor or really good) I'll post some details for Kraftster, who is a tournament fiend...
I want to hear about it. With hockey daily hockey in full swing and Civilization VI coming out on Friday, I skipped this weekend.

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:40 am

Civ VI, huh? I think I have Civ V on my computer but only played about a dozen or so turns of it ever as it was really involved (considering I jumped from years and years of playing Civ 2 - one of my favorite games ever).

I did mess up, as I accidentally went Mike Gilleslee twice, I meant to put Spencer Ware in my double-up and just bricked because I wasn't paying attention...

Bortles
D.Murray
M.Gillislee (should have been Ware)
A.Rob
J.Jones
Torrey Smith
H.Henry
Folk
Vikings

That was the one I messed up that was supposed to hedge the other investments but it wouldn't have mattered much as Bortles to Robinson amounted to almost nothing.

Tournament:
Brady
Jizz
James White
Julio
Pryor
Marquis Lee
Gronk
Vinatieri
Ravens

I got both of Brady's TDs, though I thought there would be more for James White out there. Didn't expect Pryor to do nothing in a high scoring game like that. Got 100 yards out of Lee for league minimum price, got 160 yards out of Jizz for $5600. Missed money by about 10 points, points that I expected from Pryor or Brady.

Tournament:
Cousins
D.Murray
Gillislee
Chester Rogers
Julio
AJ Green
Vernon Davis
Justin Tucker
Eagles

This one hit some money despite a combined 6 points from Gillislee and Chester Rogers...starting to grasp tournament play a little bit, but I just wing it way too much, I should do a little bit more homework but I never remember until like 11:30 am Sunday mornings that I want to play.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Civ VI is incredible.

That second tourney team is like a few I've had before. You really nailed Jizz and Lee, which as you put the lineup together, are probably the guys you felt like was throwing darts. Then, a guy like Brady lets you down from serious cash. So frustrating. I actually find that the worst part of tournaments. I seem to be more adept at picking good cheap guys than I am picking the right guys to pay up for...

Also, I'm glad I didn't play this past weekend because I continue to roll A-Rob out there every week , and he just keeps getting nothing from Bortles.

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Got two goals out of Taylor Hall so far...he's over 60% owned... :(

Got a goal so far through Zemgus Girgensons, he's <0.1% owned :)

One double up:
Devin Shore
Girgensons
Vlad
Wheeler
Pastrnak
Hall
Karlsson
Faulk
C.Anderson

One tourney:
E.Staal
T.Konecny
Parise
Kuch
Drouin
S.Bennett
Karlsson
Ghost
Schneider

Probably could have flipped them...

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:01 am

Got two goals out of Taylor Hall so far...he's over 60% owned... :(

Got a goal so far through Zemgus Girgensons, he's <0.1% owned :)

One double up:
Devin Shore
Girgensons
Vlad
Wheeler
Pastrnak
Hall
Karlsson
Faulk
C.Anderson

One tourney:
E.Staal
T.Konecny
Parise
Kuch
Drouin
S.Bennett
Karlsson
Ghost
Schneider

Probably could have flipped them...
My 50/50 last night was

Schwartz
Giroux
Schenn
Tarasenko
Marchand
Hall
Klingberg
Theodore
Neuvirth

I am really getting turned off by the way cash games on Fanduel seem to be going. Every roster is just nothing but heavy line stacks, even in 50/50s. In a tournament lineup, I played Zacha, Hall, Severson, but who stacks that trio in a cash game?

I don't know, maybe last night's slate was just too big for my anti-stack approach to 50/50s (Stamkos' huge night, Dubnyk shutout are not good if you're not in on it), but the cash game lineups on Fanduel seem to be over-the-top tournament lineups.

**Edit: I guess I did have three Flyers on my team (didn't really try for that). :shurg:

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:51 am

I hit money in both formats last night...but I barely know how to do NHL ones...I've never really thought about it...stacking vs. not stacking, etc.

Most of the fun is picking the players that have no value at all...Drouin, Point, Konecny and just playing them...I wish there was some reward for getting points with the least amount of cash spent...(additionally, I'd love an option in the NFL to "short" a player and predict an expensive player to perform extraordinarily poor vs. expectation)...

But whatever, I'll continue to wing it on matchups based on goalies I don't like or styles of play, etc. So far, so good...

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:19 pm

One roll here with a cheap tourney:
A.Rodgers
Jizz Rodgers
D.Freeman
D.Adams
Julio
Michael Thomas
Jimmy Graham
Janikowski
Jets

NHL:
McDavid
Tavares
Eberle
Drouin
Beauvillier
Burakovsky
EK
Alec Martinez
Neuvirth

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:53 am

I got exactly one assist out of that entire group of skaters... :lol:

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:44 pm

That Melvin Gordon run just moved me from 30/9400 to 65. Dumb.

mikey

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby mikey » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Holy ****

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:09 am

I had an afternoon games only tourney team with Mariota, Ingram and Gordon, but then no other guy that broke 20. They were all double digits so I won a dollar. It's such a fine line, the winning team had a total of 220, I had 186, it was just that where he had Jordy Nelson, Ryan Mathews and Michael Thomas, I had Montgomery, Hilton and Gurley.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:58 am

I had an afternoon games only tourney team with Mariota, Ingram and Gordon, but then no other guy that broke 20. They were all double digits so I won a dollar. It's such a fine line, the winning team had a total of 220, I had 186, it was just that where he had Jordy Nelson, Ryan Mathews and Michael Thomas, I had Montgomery, Hilton and Gurley.
Yep, it really is. Charcandrick West was the player that held me back. Cheap chalk plays like that almost have to be in your team in tournaments. He ended up only being 44% owned, so that probably wasn't the case. When a guy is that cheap and closer to 60% owned it's really hard to exclude him from your team.

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Any thoughts on receivers this week?

I think lessons learned so far this year, Prescott and Mariota are the best cheap QB options and play whatever RB is against San Fran. So far I have Mariota and David Johnson for sure this week. I'm afraid that the Steelers might decide they have to start winning and turn things around this week at home against Dallas. I think Dallas could struggle to get the run game going and look pretty helpless trying to win without that.

Kraftster

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Kraftster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Receiver's gotten pretty ugly, hasn't it?

I like Alshon Jeffrey based upon the last Bears game with Cutler. I kind of want to go with JJ Nelson, but I will definitely have David Johnson. Yeah, I have no idea. I haven't even finished a lineup yet.

Craig

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Craig » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Dallas secondary is pretty hyped up but claiborne is out. Id run with one of the steelers secondary receivers if theyre cheap.

Troy Loney

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Dallas secondary is pretty hyped up but claiborne is out. Id run with one of the steelers secondary receivers if theyre cheap.
Do you think brown is a bad play?

Craig

One Week Fantasy Leagues

Postby Craig » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Do you think brown is a bad play?
No but it seems like in this thread people are always going for budget players. Carr is good in man coverage assuming they shadow brown. I dont know though, this will be the first game of the year they need to matchup since carr and claiborne have been pretty even just covering each side. Claiborne is definitely their best cb...

Id really never bet against brown though, assuming ben is starting.