The Cannabis Corner

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:07 pm

Its an indica heavy hybrid that gives me a good body buzz without putting me down for the count. The head buzz is clear for me but focusing on one thing at a time is tough. I'll start 7 different projects and finish 3. Great for playing music though.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Love GSC, that is a very fun strain for me. Always have good times with that one at concerts.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

@shmenguin

After several occasions of finicking around with the temperature, I decided to just go straight to 210 last night. Big difference, no doubt. I measure out 0.2 g and it hits me just right.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:28 pm

@shmenguin

After several occasions of finicking around with the temperature, I decided to just go straight to 210 last night. Big difference, no doubt. I measure out 0.2 g and it hits me just right.
Ah, nice. Yeah, higher temps = better effects. Don’t listen to the weirdos who vape at low temp. They’re in it for the taste...which I don’t understand at all. A snickers bar has you covered if you want something to eat. And is much cheaper per ounce.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:26 pm

@shmenguin

Ah, nice. Yeah, higher temps = better effects. Don’t listen to the weirdos who vape at low temp. They’re in it for the taste...which I don’t understand at all. A snickers bar has you covered if you want something to eat. And is much cheaper per ounce.
You nuevo pot users are missing out if you don't taste what you're smoking,

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:28 pm

@shmenguin

You nuevo pot users are missing out if you don't taste what you're smoking,
If I’m vaping at 410, I’m tasting much more than you are with combustion. And if you’ve never had live resin, you’ve never really tasted weed.

...but I still don’t give a F and don’t understand why anyone does.

Ad@m

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Ad@m » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:18 pm

Survey says more PA residents support legalizing marijuana
For the first time a new study shows 58% of residents in the commonwealth now support the legalization of marijuana.

That’s according to a new Muhlenberg College Public Health Program survey.

Right now weed is only offered in the state legally with a medical card, but the push to fully legalize it has gained support from Governor Wolf in recent months.

Phil Goldberg CEO of Green Leaf Medical who operates a medical marijuana facility in Bedford County responded to the idea of legalizing marijuana in Pennslyvinana.

“While we are focused on the medical benefits of cannabis we recognize that many recreational users are actually self-medicating “would be patients”. We also recognize the tremendous social justice issues(targeting minorities with cannabis law enforcement) That have resulted from the failed war on cannabis. In addition, legalization has significant benefits with regard to public health. For these reasons we support legalization,” Goldberg said.

Only 26% of Pennsylvania residents surveyed said they would oppose legalization.

Blair County DA Pete Weeks says if it does get legalized, he’s got a logical idea.

“I think the best way to have safe communities and have strong drug enforcement with the existence of some legalized form of marijuana call in a pill form would be to make marijuana available in a pill form pharmacy through a legitimate pharmacy,” Weeks said.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:06 am

And yet our senate....

Shyster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Shyster » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 pm

The Pennsylvanians in this thread may be interested to hear that today the PA Supreme Court today granted a petition for allowance of appeal that asks the following questions:
What weight, if any, should the odor of marijuana be given in determining whether probable cause exists for a warrantless vehicle search, in light of the enactment of the Medical Marijuana Act, 35 P.S. § 10231.101 et seq.?

To what extent does [prior caselaw dealing with marijuana possession] apply to probable cause determinations involving the possession of marijuana following the enactment of the Medical Marijuana Act, 35 P.S. § 10231.101 et seq.?
IMO, if MJ is legal, then it should play no role in any searches or probable-cause determinations, and I hope the Court rules that way.

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:11 pm

As long as the cannabis isn't being smoked inside the automobile I agree. However if it is being used then it should be treated as a DUI.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:17 pm

The Pennsylvanians in this thread may be interested to hear that today the PA Supreme Court today granted a petition for allowance of appeal that asks the following questions:
What weight, if any, should the odor of marijuana be given in determining whether probable cause exists for a warrantless vehicle search, in light of the enactment of the Medical Marijuana Act, 35 P.S. § 10231.101 et seq.?

To what extent does [prior caselaw dealing with marijuana possession] apply to probable cause determinations involving the possession of marijuana following the enactment of the Medical Marijuana Act, 35 P.S. § 10231.101 et seq.?
IMO, if MJ is legal, then it should play no role in any searches or probable-cause determinations, and I hope the Court rules that way.
Can the smell of alcohol give them probably cause to search? If so, I don't see the difference.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:19 pm

Can the smell of alcohol give them probably cause to search? If so, I don't see the difference.
Edit: I was assuming the smell was from weed burning not having a stash in the car. If the smell is from burning that's different.

Shyster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Shyster » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:24 pm

The smell of alcohol or MJ would provide grounds to pull out the driver and test them for impairment in any case. The question here is whether the smell of MJ would also provide grounds to search the car without a warrant. That's a different question that whether the driver is impaired.

For example, take the following scenario. The police pull over a driver for speeding. The driver is clear, coherent, and doesn't appear to be impaired in any way, but the police officer asserts that he smells MJ, so he orders the driver out and searches the car. He then finds a gun under the passenger seat that turns out to be stolen, and the driver is arrested for possession of that gun. Under current law, that would be all perfectly acceptable. But of the Court rules otherwise, the smell of MJ alone would not be enough for a cop to go on a perform a vehicle search without a warrant, which would need to be based on something other than "I smell weed."

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:33 pm

Again, change weed to alcohol. If a cop smells alcohol in a car can he search it?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Shyster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Shyster » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:04 pm

Again, change weed to alcohol. If a cop smells alcohol in a car can he search it?
No, because alcohol is not itself illegal.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:05 pm

No, because alcohol is not itself illegal.
And yet, they do every single day.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:03 pm

Rant time...

There are far too many strains in the world and it’s a scam that growers and dispensaries do to exploit consumers.

In PA, there are literally hundreds of strains, and more are created constantly. You take 2 flowers, breed them together for free and boom - new product. Then all the idiots on Reddit go “It’s 10/10 FIRE!!!” Because they’re idiots on Reddit, which then makes other people go spend 50 bucks on an eighth and go, “meh”. Rinse. Repeat.

There aren’t that many variations of effects of cannabis. Sedating, euphoric, sleepy, pain relief, spaciness...it’s all some combo of that. And all of these effects are represented in strains that already exist.

They’re taking advantage of the fact that we have to spend a lot of money and there are no returns or samples. I f’ing hate it.

PFiDC

The Cannabis Corner

Postby PFiDC » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:15 pm

Hear hear!

I'm so confused when I go. I just order the same thing each time because it works.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:30 pm

PA has real issues with strain reviews. In NJ, because most people were ACTUAL med patients, we didn’t care how something smelled or tasted. And there was some real common perspectives on message boards about what a strain did and how good it was.

PA is full of kids who want to drop 50 bucks on a snack or air freshener or whatever they use weed for. So the reviews are all over the place, and you get led astray towards a strain that smells nice but does f*** all for pain or mood. It’s such a big stupid problem, compounded by having a dozen strains with “Chem” in the name that are all basically the same.

I also have no clue where skunky weed went. I have this sinking feeling that the real, potent stuff is so out of fashion because of how gross it smells that it will never come back.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:11 pm

Hear hear!

I'm so confused when I go. I just order the same thing each time because it works.
I only buy the hybrids because I like a balanced high but even within the hybrids they can vary from one end to other.

I've been trying to stay away from anything by Kind Tree (used to be Ilera?) because their flower is always dry.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:34 pm

Kind Tree and GLeaf have really ugly, poorly treated buds.

But they both really make some good strains. They just also have a bunch of junk.

MAC from GLeaf is the best thing I’ve had though. Classic hybrid feel, high THC. Woweeee buds. I’d say check it out. It doesn’t taste like cinnamon and lemon peels though so if you’re a grown child you might not like it.

Also...rhythm and prime are good good growers. I actually don’t like Insa that much even though they’re a hot commodity.

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Tue May 11, 2021 8:55 am

I've had good experiences with gleaf flower, but just got some Golden goat from rhythm and oh my do I enjoy that, especially out on the golf course.

faftorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby faftorial » Tue May 11, 2021 9:09 am

I've had good experiences with gleaf flower, but just got some Golden goat from rhythm and oh my do I enjoy that, especially out on the golf course.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 11, 2021 9:13 am

Rhythm, I think, is my favorite grower.