OFFICIAL GDT Game 26: Pens @ Sabres

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:27 am

Angello had a great shot on his goal but I don’t know how he wasn’t called for closing his hand on the puck. He seemed to carry it for four strides

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:28 am

Angello deserves more ice time after last night, and that was before he scored.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:29 am

I thought he bobbled it in there, he sort of tossed it ahead of him I think...didn't look like a travel to me...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:39 am

I noticed the grab and toss at live speed. I wouldn’t have batted an eye if they blew it dead.

Someone said last night he has a heavy shot. Great description of it. There are lots of different types of shooters and shots. Angello definitely shoots a heavy puck.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:40 am

Angello doesn’t have to score every night but I think if he can display his offensive abilities consistently our fourth line goes from being bad to being ok

I’d still like to make a move to improve it before the deadline but I’m less concerned about it now

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:42 am

We should pick up Nick Foligno at the deadline

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:49 am

Source of the post Someone said last night he has a heavy shot. Great description of it. There are lots of different types of shooters and shots. Angello definitely shoots a heavy puck.
Yeah, and he doesn't even need to really wind up to laser it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:50 am

The irony of his goal is that when he tried to flip the puck forward and almost had it intercepted, I was sitting here like 'wtf are you doing when you have a guy breaking with you that's open?' Worked out.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:38 am

I noticed the grab and toss at live speed. I wouldn’t have batted an eye if they blew it dead.

Someone said last night he has a heavy shot. Great description of it. There are lots of different types of shooters and shots. Angello definitely shoots a heavy puck.
It makes no sense to me that his shot and Laine’s shot exist in the same rules of physics. Both travel extremely fast, but one is “light” and one is “heavy”

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:57 pm

It makes no sense to me that his shot and Laine’s shot exist in the same rules of physics. Both travel extremely fast, but one is “light” and one is “heavy”
The real mind blower is Kessel’s. Somehow that chubby bastard makes the puck 1/10th its original size when he shoots it. It comes off his blade so small. I’ve said it is because it is so flat and he shoots off his wrong leg. Total mind f

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:02 pm

Kessel shoots a marble off the toe of his stick...he can do it in stride too, so it's pointless to even try to save it...if he's streaking down the wing, try to shake your mask off and get a whistle before he releases it...

MR25

Postby MR25 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:08 pm

The real mind blower is Kessel’s. Somehow that chubby bastard makes the puck 1/10th its original size when he shoots it. It comes off his blade so small. I’ve said it is because it is so flat and he shoots off his wrong leg. Total mind f

I was going to make a crack about him being fat and using the same flex I do (75) but he's only listed at 202, which is either a gross underestimation or a flat out lie lol. That makes him only ~10lbs heavier than me.