OFFICIAL GDT Game 22: Pens vs Flyers 03/04/2021

The U

Postby The U » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Friedman must have really felt part of the team as everyone ate their popcorn while he was getting scumbagged.

Soff matters. Realizing you can do whatever you want to this team and get a free pass really energizes low character teams like the caps and flyers after they come out flat.
Yea, I am far from someone who thinks we need a “tough” team. But last night was bad. That non-reaction to that incident was soff. The lack of any and all push back was soff.
Philly finished every. single. check.

After a while it looked like we were trying to get rid of the puck as quickly as possible to anyone/anywhere so that we could defend ourselves and brace for the incoming hit. This of course is the purpose of playing physical. To create chaos, cause turnovers, rush people, and get energy going. Watching us be the punching bag every night gets sooooo old. It’s so hard to watch. When we dump it in we skate hard (sometimes) towards the puck, throw on the brakes, and swipe our stick towards the puck before retreating.

It’s a team mindset all over the ice. Hockey while avoiding physical contact by any means necessary. When you watch other games (not involving us) it becomes so apparent how different we are. Like Olympic hockey.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:59 pm

I don't think we're very good either. The playoffs last year convinced me that despite the talent to be good there isn't the right cohesion and even being in a playoff series that incentive/inspiration couldn't overcome that. Also the way the wins have come this year are not encouraging. But I'll also maintain hope until the next 20 or so games play out. In some ways it's been an ok record with this schedule. They just look terrible doing it.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:17 pm

It's unfortunate that Jarry's force field only works on his own mates.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Seems bad