Politics And Current Events

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:59 am

What are they going to do? Drink Pepsi?? Gross.

I assume they're also boycotting all of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coca-Cola_brands
Last edited by nocera on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:59 am

Coke says it doesn't require that specific training session, but does use other LinkedIn training sessions...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coca- ... ess-white/
I would argue the problem is how the targets of those click bait stories are conditioned to believe these things are true.

Like how famously meager Bari Weiss caused a stir last week by writing up a fake story about how some lady stood her ground against the power house sister college Smith, who "made" her nix her library orientation rap because of "cultural appropriation" as opposed to the infinite other reasons to not rap in the library orientation seminar.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:05 am

What are they going to do? Drink Pepsi?? Gross.

I assume they're also boycotting all of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Coca-Cola_brands
or water. and most of these people are in Atlanta. I'm enjoying posting on their pages that they need to cancel their LinkedIn accounts too since it's actually their training module. :scared:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:05 am

Justin Trudeau hates poor people.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:08 am

it's hilarious watching all my "cancel culture!" FB friends say they'll never drink Coke again. **** snowflakes. :lol:
So no more pro sports for MAGA because the black people got too uppity, no Nike shoes because of Kapernick, no Coke, even Wendy's Twitter looks like it might turn on them eventually, no mainstream movies or television because of all those soy boys in Hollywood judging them, can't listen to a lot of music they used to for same reasons, their kids have disowned...sounds like a lot of fun to be in this crew. you get to lose new things that you used to care about every day and then pretend it's worth it to own the people who still get invited to thanksgiving!

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 am

Source of the post What are they going to do? Drink Pepsi?? Gross.
GTFO

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:34 am

I used to be Dr. Pepper or death but I haven't had soda in years

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 am

I wonder how many people have actually felt like

a) they’re being discriminated against because they’re whites.

b) they feel like they need to beg for the forgiveness of non-whites.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 am

Lots. For both.

People don't get jobs or admitted to schools because of diversity goals/requirements. And this past summer, for example, there was an epidemic of, "am I part of the issue?!?!?" from people who are not at all part of the issue.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:52 am

I think the vast majority of people are normal, in that they don't really hold strong views on race one way or the other. There are white people they like, and white people they don't like. They probably have some black friends (forgive the cliche), and there are some black people they don't like. And so forth.

That said, I don't think "white people are so fragile" is a valid response every time something like this comes up. Go back a few pages and look at that ridiculous document that was sent to all parents at East Side Community School in Manhattan about the "eight categories of whiteness". Now bear in mind, this is a school where Caucasian kids make up 18% of the population, yet are being singled out for their "privilege" by the school administration.

The vast majority of people do not want racism, and want people to just live happily together. The problem is, there is a *very* vocal, extreme minority that is wielding a ton of influence in the social justice/racial justice movement. Many of these Black activists that come up with this stuff are themselves opposed to interracial marriage, etc. and hold other views that could be construed as leering towards Black supremacy.

IMO, the pendulum is swinging way too far. It started with acknowledging your white privilege, but there is more and more rhetoric that just the act of being born white is a sin in itself. Taking this tack will not end well.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 pm

it's hilarious watching all my "cancel culture!" FB friends say they'll never drink Coke again. **** snowflakes. :lol:
So no more pro sports for MAGA because the black people got too uppity, no Nike shoes because of Kapernick, no Coke, even Wendy's Twitter looks like it might turn on them eventually, no mainstream movies or television because of all those soy boys in Hollywood judging them, can't listen to a lot of music they used to for same reasons, their kids have disowned...sounds like a lot of fun to be in this crew. you get to lose new things that you used to care about every day and then pretend it's worth it to own the people who still get invited to thanksgiving!
yeah but cancel culture bro

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:11 pm

Agreed, that stuff is ridiculous. I can't really say I've ever let political stuff dictate my entertainment/consumption, good or bad. I feel the same way about the products shamelessly geared towards conservatives as I do about the companies that shamelessly chase that sweet social justice cash. If I like the product, I will buy it. If I don't, I won't.

Certainly not going to deprive myself of a Diet Coke here and there to make some grand statement. Dumb.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Because poor people do a lot of international flying?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Certainly not going to deprive myself of a Diet Coke here and there to make some grand statement. Dumb.
Oh they won't either outside of the facebook post

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Because poor people do a lot of international flying?
Not now

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:43 pm

nothing wrong with hating poor people

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Everyone keeps mentioning pendulums swinging too far. If it's a pendulum it will go back the other way won't it? Why bltch and complain about it every step of the way? Oh no a pamphlet says don't act white, I can feel the whips on my back already.

Steps in the right direction will only appear "crazy", "insane", and "ridiculous" if you can't handle the prospect of a greater good, or are to weak minded to realize that the end goal is better for YOU as well.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:54 pm

Everyone keeps mentioning pendulums swinging too far. If it's a pendulum it will go back the other way won't it? Why bltch and complain about it every step of the way? Oh no a pamphlet says don't act white, I can feel the whips on my back already.
This kind of strawman isn’t helpful. No one* is comparing it to anything black people had to go through. That doesn’t mean it still isn’t bad

* no one worth listening to, at least. I’m sure MAGAbuns are saying something like this
Last edited by MalkinIsMyHomeboy on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 pm

This kind of strawman isn’t helpful. No one is comparing it to anything black people had to go through. That doesn’t mean it still isn’t bad
People explicitly compare taxation, for example, to be the same as slavery. People in this thread right here, even.

It’s not a strawman. People see being dragged into the 21st century as an assault on personal freedom. Not realizing that everyone wins when you address social inequalities.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 pm

This kind of strawman isn’t helpful. No one is comparing it to anything black people had to go through. That doesn’t mean it still isn’t bad
You can call it bad if you want to, the same way stubbing your toe is bad as you leave the hospital after cancer treatment.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:04 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:07 pm

Are these shitheads subject to perjury or something? How can they spout this with nothing holding them accountable?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Those are rhetorical questions, right?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Fake court with fake rules, and thank goodness. Imagine being under oath answering troll questions from senator Cletus over there.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm

This clown has really gone off the deep end.