Video Games

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Video Games

Postby meow » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:18 pm

The new Mario game on switch is fun as hell
Is this the cat mario with bowser's fury? Cat mario got a lot of multiplayer action back on the wii u for us, worth the double dip huh?
The switch is my first Nintendo since the SNES so I can’t compare, but this game is fun as hell

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Is this the cat mario with bowser's fury? Cat mario got a lot of multiplayer action back on the wii u for us, worth the double dip huh?
The switch is my first Nintendo since the SNES so I can’t compare, but this game is fun as hell
I like games that are fun. Did something terrible happen in your life that SNES was the last nintendo? Is everything ok now?

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm

Speaking of Nintendo, just saw they are releasing Skyward Sword HD on Switch.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/t ... hd-switch/

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:07 am

I will play that again, it was a blast. I think twilight princess is supposed to be coming out for switch this year as well.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 am

I'm pumped for this. I own it for the Wii, but honestly never got to it. So I've never played this. I'm going to pick it up upon release and play it on the swtich. It's the only non-handheld Zelda I never played/beat.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:15 am

Is Among Us any good for kids that are 8 and 10? I've never played the game, but my kids and their friends play "Among us" in real life where they are playing otu the characters. I don't know WTF they are doing though.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:20 am

Yes, it's good for kids that young. It's available on just about any portable device and crossplay too. My kids loved it for a while - but you may want to keep their games limited to only their real life friends/family.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:26 am

Is Among Us any good for kids that are 8 and 10? I've never played the game, but my kids and their friends play "Among us" in real life where they are playing otu the characters. I don't know WTF they are doing though.
You can occasionally come across a toxic lobby. The game has a "censor chat" feature but I believe by default it is off. Even if it isn't, it's very easy to turn censoring off in-game. For the most part, though, public lobbies aren't too bad. I agree with DG that keeping their games limited to real life friends/family would solve that problem. It's also just more fun to play with friends. You don't have randoms quitting if they're not the imposter, not doing tasks, cheaters, or weird ass game settings. The majority of the public lobbies won't be toxic, though, so if that's your fear I would say it's safe.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:52 am

I'm pumped for this. I own it for the Wii, but honestly never got to it. So I've never played this. I'm going to pick it up upon release and play it on the swtich. It's the only non-handheld Zelda I never played/beat.
I liked it a lot... certainly better than Twilight Princess. There is some really cool stuff in there. Unfortunately, it has stealth collection areas like TP, which is the biggest thing I disliked.

It's kind of interesting that it mentions a buttons only mode because the motion controls were pretty integral in the game... like raising the sword to power it up (i.e. skyward sword), needing to adjust your swings to match the enemies' defenses, and so forth.

Not sure if I will get this, but any Zelda fan who missed out needs to play it.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am

I liked it a lot... certainly better than Twilight Princess. There is some really cool stuff in there. Unfortunately, it has stealth collection areas like TP, which is the biggest thing I disliked.

It's kind of interesting that it mentions a buttons only mode because the motion controls were pretty integral in the game... like raising the sword to power it up (i.e. skyward sword), needing to adjust your swings to match the enemies' defenses, and so forth.

Yep, you can use the joy cons for this or switch it to button only

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Video Games

Postby meow » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:19 am

I like games that are fun. Did something terrible happen in your life that SNES was the last nintendo? Is everything ok now?
Actually, yeah. But I’m all better now.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:20 am

Yep, you can use the joy cons for this or switch it to button only
Yeah, this will be a plus for me. I have the procontrollers, (the joycons suck ass for these games due to drift). But I'd rather use buttons only than the Wii controllers.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:30 pm

So apparently the right joystick will be used for mimicking the sword motion controls. I guess that means no way to control the camera then? Guess we'll have to wait for more information.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:26 am

So apparently the right joystick will be used for mimicking the sword motion controls. I guess that means no way to control the camera then? Guess we'll have to wait for more information.
Yeah, the right joystick will do the sword.

I'm interested in the Capcom Arcade game. Is that going to be released in the US? I couldn't tell by the Direct video because it was all in Japanese.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:57 am

I am dangerously close to buying that Final Fantasy 7 remake.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:59 am

I am dangerously close to buying that Final Fantasy 7 remake.
DO IT!

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:24 pm

I have been enjoying the NES/SNES games on Switch.

I just replayed Link 2. It's funny, I didn't have much of an issue with the game and felt it wasn't as hard as I remembered, all until I got to the run-up to Ganon's castle. Absurdly difficult. Those bird knights that jump all over the place and shoot swords are psychotic. I definitely saved states about a dozen times getting through the castle. :lol:

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:54 pm

I have been enjoying the NES/SNES games on Switch.

I just replayed Link 2. It's funny, I didn't have much of an issue with the game and felt it wasn't as hard as I remembered, all until I got to the run-up to Ganon's castle. Absurdly difficult. Those bird knights that jump all over the place and shoot swords are psychotic. I definitely saved states about a dozen times getting through the castle. :lol:
I thought the same. When I was a kid, I thought it was a difficult game, and I remember dreading having to go through Death Mountain. I replayed it a few months ago and breezed through it, Death Mountain was pretty easy overall, but where it got difficult was the last temple or whatever you want to call it. I definitely did some rewind/save on that.

I made it about half way through Crystalis, a game I never played on the NES back in the day, but then got side tracked with BOTW. I need to pick that back up.

And then I always enjoy the gold ole classics like Punchout, the Super Mario games, etc.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:50 am

I just finished Wolfenstein The New Order. That was a damn fun, intense game. That said, it was REALLY intense.
The scene before the end with Deathshead and the brain removal....yikes

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:28 am

I tried getting into Witcher 3, but the game just seems lame. Couldn't do it.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:50 am

I tried getting into Witcher 3, but the game just seems lame. Couldn't do it.
Sorry to hear that man. It's one of my absolute favorites.

I have actually struggled to get into the first two, I think bc of the linear nature.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:15 am

10% off certain denominations ox Xbox gift cards at Amazon:

Edit: Looks like it's just applying to the $100 GC on my account, so YMMV.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:27 am

I know there was some talk about the NES Lego set in here late last year/earlier this year. Well my wife and I took the plunge and got it this past weekend and put it together. We had to wait in line at Ross Park Mall to get into the Lego store on Saturday, but it was worth the wait.

I know it's expensive ($229), but it's worth every penny and the details are incredible. It legit looks like a real Nintendo and old CRT Tv. Spring loaded cartridge slot and everything. Crank on the tv to move Mario throughout the board as the screen rotates.

It took us about 8 1/2 hours of active building to get it all together. Honestly my wife could have probably shaved an hour off the build time if she was doing it herself and I wasn't slowing her down. :lol: :lol:

Put the pics below in a spoiler cause I wasn't sure how big they would show up.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 am

Hah, nice.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 am

I picked up my 3070 founders edition this weekend and finished my build. No rgb, brown fan boomer build.
Ryzan 5 5600x
32g ram
Nvidia 3070 founders edition
1TB m2 gen4 ssd