Video Games

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Pretty sure this is just a joke to release the most obscure non playable games at this point
Yeah, I was excited when the announcement came, and then I saw the games and was like WTF. I never heard of any of the Super NES games, and the only reason I know Fire N Ice is because I own it and it's like a $175 game.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:42 pm

Pretty sure this is just a joke to release the most obscure non playable games at this point
Yeah, I was excited when the announcement came, and then I saw the games and was like WTF. I never heard of any of the Super NES games, and the only reason I know Fire N Ice is because I own it and it's like a $175 game.
Wonder if these releases online hurt resale prices for games like that?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Earthbound was released as part of the Super Nintendo Classic system and the cartridge is still ridiculously expensive.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:48 pm

I haven't seen these releases or the release of the nes and super nes classic hurt prices. I thought maybe they could, but it seems to be driving people to want the game more in same cases. Who knows though long term.

My most pricey games I own (and got all of them below like $30 like 20 years ago) are:

Clay Fighter Sculptures Cut - N64
Worms Armegdon N64
Ducktales 2 - NES
Cowboy Kid - NES

They are all in really good condition too.

I have about 20 - 30 other games that are over the $100 threshold.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:49 pm

I haven't seen these releases or the release of the nes and super nes classic hurt prices. I thought maybe they could, but it seems to be driving people to want the game more in same cases. Who knows though long term.

My most pricey games I own (and got all of them below like $30 like 20 years ago) are:

Worms Armegdon N64
Ducktales 2 - NES
Cowboy Kid - NES

Pfft. Talk to us when you get a NES World Championship cart.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:51 pm

Worms Armegdon N64
Ducktales 2 - NES
Cowboy Kid - NES

How is ducktales 2? I didn't realize that was a thing and the first is one of my favorites

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:30 pm

The first one is still the best (Ducktales). The second isn't bad. It's just uncommon and piggy backs off the first one.

Rescue Rangers 2 is the same way. The first one is money, but the second is pretty much the same, but rare. I don't own that one though.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:31 pm

Pfft. Talk to us when you get a NES World Championship cart.
Yeah, unless I find one in an old box at some garage sale (which it's almost impossible to find NES games anymore, or video games for that matter outside of recent gens), that isn't going to be part of the collection.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:30 pm

Just finished the story in Miles Morales. Shorter than the original, but still awesome.

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:25 pm

just got through on amazon to buy a series X hell yea

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Well I bought an Elite 2 controller for my new PC since the first series doesn't have bluetooth. However if I'm using it wirelessly none of the buttons map to the back triggers, completely fine if it is hard wired. Better a weird setting issue or I'll be real annoyed.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:53 pm

Are they still that difficult to find??

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:54 pm

The PS5 is still next to impossible to find anywhere. I'm assuming the Series X is somewhat similar.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Supposedly this shortage will continue until at least July. So, yeah.

willeyeam

Video Games

Postby willeyeam » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:55 pm

yes they were gone within minutes

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Wow, I would have thought it would be easier to snag now. Makes me incredibly happy that I was able to grab mine on that random 6am Target check.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:01 pm

I am two hours into Wolfenstein: The New Order. It is a blast so far.

I replayed Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2001) last month and forgot how much fun that game is...it still holds up well 20 years later.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:13 pm

Wow, I would have thought it would be easier to snag now. Makes me incredibly happy that I was able to grab mine on that random 6am Target check.
AIUI, there is a shortage of chips so they can't produce enough units to meet demand.

Also the scalpers are still snagging mass quantities of systems.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:56 am

Finished up the platinum on Astro's Playroom yesterday. A touch frustrating at times, but a fun little platformer celebrating the history of Sony, while showing off what the Dual Sense can do.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:23 pm

Forgot how much fun Rogue Company is. Pulled off an insane clutch 3v1 today. Man the Dr Disrespect skin looks so damn good. Got a clip from my buddies twitch stream. NSFW language.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleEncour ... rC8u5AVRp7

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:06 pm

My daughter was permabanned in a specific level within Roblox, because she entered an area that was “level 75+ only” or some ****.

1. :lol:
2. Permaban for that?
3. In her defense, maybe make it so that level 74 and below players can’t actually get into that area?

Shyster

Video Games

Postby Shyster » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:19 pm

Recently bought the game Blasphemous on sale on Steam. It's side-scrolling cross of a Metroidvania game and a Soulslike game. Lots of twisted religious iconography and bloody, gory pixel action. Not as good as, say, Hollow Knight, but it's a pretty good game so far, and it was only 10 bucks on sale. Here's a review:

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/09/09 ... ous-review

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Video Games

Postby meow » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:13 pm

The new Mario game on switch is fun as hell

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:54 am

The new Mario game on switch is fun as hell
Is this the cat mario with bowser's fury? Cat mario got a lot of multiplayer action back on the wii u for us, worth the double dip huh?

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Controversial War Game Six Days in Fallujah Is Finally Releasing Years After Cancellation
Depending on how long you’ve been following the gaming industry, there’s a chance that you’re either very familiar with Six Days in Fallujah or you’ve never heard of it entirely. The game was originally announced all the way back in 2009 and was slated to release for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC by Konami, but was later canceled after a large amount of criticism was directed towards its content. Now, over a decade later, Six Days in Fallujah is finally going to see the light of day.

Developer Highwire Games is the team that is returning to the project and is planning to finally release it later this year. Victura will be serving as the new publisher of Six Days in Fallujah, with the company’s founder Peter Tamte having been involved with the original game back in 2009. When it comes to why both teams decided to bring the game back, it was said that the medium of video games is one that they hope can share valuable insight on the real-world conflict that occurred at Fallujah in the Iraq War.
I joined KDE about a month or so after this all shook out, and it was the catalyst for Konami getting almost completely out of the AAA publishing business. They spent tens of millions of dollars funding the development of this title, and they backed out a few weeks prior to going GoldMaster; as I recall it, the 'large amount of criticism' referred to in the article amounted to a vocal protest by the families of 3 fallen British Marines who didn't think it was appropriate to make a game out of an ongoing conflict.