meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 pm

This is weird. Take a knee, Faf. Maybe sit the next couple plays out

nocera

COVID-19

Postby nocera » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 pm

It's not the individual's fault where they were placed in the priority list. You telling me you wouldn't get it if given the chance?

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:22 pm

What's weird? That I don't agree with how they are rolling out the vaccine?

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:23 pm

With the coordination being so poor, doses ending up in the garbage, and healthcare workers turning it down in droves I'm taking the first one I can get.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:23 pm

It's not the individual's fault where they were placed in the priority list. You telling me you wouldn't get it if given the chance?
I didn't say it was his fault...

willeyeam

COVID-19

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:23 pm

I think it would be an incredibly difficult proposition to evaluate each individuals situation and not something the great people of our country would do well so it's probably best to just give it to everyone at the applicable organization

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:24 pm

That's it, I've contacted Faf's county and will be taking his first dose as my second dose.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:24 pm

That's it, I've contacted Faf's county and will be taking his first dose as my second dose.
I'm fine, again I've rather the old people get it first.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:25 pm

With the coordination being so poor, doses ending up in the garbage, and healthcare workers turning it down in droves I'm taking the first one I can get.
Yeah, this is where I am. Initially I was all-in on frontline healthcare workers and LTCF residents and such given priority, but it has been a s**t show. I never expected the number of healthcare workers opting out, that's stunning and smdh frustrating.

Get shots in arms. I'm going in as soon as I possibly can.

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:35 pm

What's weird? That I don't agree with how they are rolling out the vaccine?
The fact that someone got a potentially life-saving vaccine and your response is "what makes you so special"

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:38 pm

I understand factorial's frustration... I think a lot of you think his frustration is focused on the individual that got the vaccine. It's not. It's at the system that prioritized him over someone else. I agree with him. IMO, there's a set order it should be distributed and my opinion differs from others. I think we could all agree that someone working from home shouldn't be prioritized over someone in a LTCF or someone who is just old.

When it first came out, I said I'd be willing to wait even if I'm prioritized higher than I think I should be. That's no longer the case. I'm getting it the minute that I can because me getting it doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Me not getting it likely just delays others behind me on the list.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:40 pm

I understand factorial's frustration... I think a lot of you think his frustration is focused on the individual that got the vaccine. It's not. It's at the system that prioritized him over someone else. I agree with him. IMO, there's a set order it should be distributed and my opinion differs from others. I think we could all agree that someone working from home shouldn't be prioritized over someone in a LTCF or someone who is just old.

When it first came out, I said I'd be willing to wait even if I'm prioritized higher than I think I should be. That's no longer the case. I'm getting it the minute that I can because me getting it doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Me not getting it likely just delays others behind me on the list.
:thumb:

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:43 pm

I honestly think they're just trying to get shots in arms rather than grasp straws and focus on borderline decisions over who is in which phase. Judging by all the horror stories were hearing about wasted doses, low demand, etc... take the win.

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:53 pm

Agree with c2i. Though I don't think me getting it even delays anyone. I'll most likely get mine through the DoD at work. Because I actually go into the district I'm getting it ahead of another DoD employee that doesn't leave their house unless they want to.

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 pm

That's not what is happening here, though. For all we know, every old person in the tri-county area of NTP is vaccinated up. And NTP was identified as essential enough - though non-patient-facing - to receive one. This is how this entire thing works. The guidelines that have been circulating are just that. Guidelines. There are going to be thousands and thousands of corner cases. The immediate reaction of negativity makes it seems like George Costanza'ed some old people out of the way to get his vaccine.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:14 pm

Yeah, my intention was to always wait my turn. A large percentage of our patient facing clinical staff has been vaccinated, so they opened it up to non-patient facing. To add to this, I don't know what the plan is for when staff is fully vaccinated. Perhaps we then start to vaccinate the public, but these doses are 100% for staff right now.
Last edited by NTP66 on Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:15 pm

The annoyance for me is centered on the number of high priority front-line people who are simply opting out altogether. Never saw that coming tbh and it's super maddening.

For months we've heard horror stories about the hellscape these people face every day, how they have to isolate from their families, and then for any significant chunk of them to respond to the opportunity to be vaccinated with 'lol' is just........... ugh.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:16 pm

The annoyance for me is centered on the number of high priority front-line people who are simply opting out altogether. Never saw that coming tbh and it's super maddening.

For months we've heard horror stories about the hellscape these people face every day, how they have to isolate from their families, and then for any significant chunk of them to respond to the opportunity to be vaccinated with 'lol' is just........... ugh.
I'm glad that we haven't seen those stories in my area, that's for sure.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:22 pm

That's not what is happening here, though. For all we know, every old person in the tri-county area of NTP is vaccinated up. And NTP was identified as essential enough - though non-patient-facing - to receive one. This is how this entire thing works. The guidelines that have been circulating are just that. Guidelines. There are going to be thousands and thousands of corner cases. The immediate reaction of negativity makes it seems like George Costanza'ed some old people out of the way to get his vaccine.
I think you're misinterpreting factorial's post, but I suppose we agree to disagree.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:28 pm

I think you're misinterpreting factorial's post, but I suppose we agree to disagree.
He's probably had the vaccine, or will be getting it soon, and is touchy about the subject.

I'm happy that NTP was able to get the vaccine but I think the health care industry is taking advantage of their position here.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

By vaccinating the people responsible for healthcare in the community?

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

I think the health care industry is taking advantage of their position here.

Nevermind... have at him, folks.

skullman80

COVID-19

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:31 pm

I thought meow explained things pretty well earlier.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:33 pm

I would pay $100 for the vaccine right now.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 pm

I would pay $100 for the vaccine right now.
I'll get you @Faftorial's dose for $50.