Video Games

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:43 pm

So I haven't played much of anything since the first week of the last Modern Warfare battle pass. Just had it with shooters, and really can't get going with any single player games. Ugh.

So I fired up a few favorites last night: BFV, BF4, and Modern Warfare. My God, these games strain my eyes. It was uncomfortable playing them for more than 10 minutes at a time. I don't remember taking time off before and having that happen. I don't like it, this getting older bit. Does this happen to anyone else?
Exact same way, so I started Days Gone last night. Was free when I purchased my PS5 and have heard decent things about it.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Yinz need some bifocals

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:46 pm

I actually just started wearing reading glasses...hmmm

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:51 pm

I play on a 75" TV so...

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 am

I finished Outer Worlds... That game was fun as hell. Not going to say it's as great as FNV but definitely in that style.

I actually just started a replay of Return to Castle Wolfenstein (2003), which I hadn't touched in 15 years. This game was a lot of fun for its time. I bought the whole series on Steam during one of the sales.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:29 am

Well, I sort of fixed my problem with the eye strain. Windows 10 LOVES to reset my refresh rate to the default 60hz. It has something to do with the dual monitor setup I have, how the second screen is only 60hz. Once I checked that, it was much better.

Also, I did wear my reading glasses, which helped a good bit with distant targets. I sit about 16” from my monitor, and that seems to be the max sweet spot for the magnification. I was literally like this while playing: :shock: :lol:

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:41 am

If Sony really makes this PS2 themed PS5 I might have to go full skullman on it.

So, these were custom made by a company that only made 304 of them. They sold out fast.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:37 am

You could just plastidip the faceplates on the ps5 black and get the same result pretty much.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:59 pm

Yoshi's Crafted World is a blast. A great throwback to Yoshi's Island for SNES, which is one of my all time favorite platformers.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:35 am

Has anyone played the Scott pilgrim vs the world video game in the past?

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:53 am

Finished Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. I know I heaped a ton of praise on God of War calling it one of the best games of the generation, but Ghost of Tsushima was actually better IMO. Just a fantastic story, fantastic game play, graphics were gorgeous on the PS5. Just a beautiful game that had just the right balance of difficulty IMO. I took some fantastic pictures with photo mode that I will have to post sometime.

The last 3 games I finished..

God of War (2018)
Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima

Not sure if I will ever have a better 3 game run than that. Spider Man Miles Morales was right before that which was also fantastic. Now I just have to figure out if I'm going to try to start AC Valhalla, or I'm going to finally play Horizon Zero Dawn.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:34 am

One of the kids friends brought over oculus quest 2 vr thing and I have to say, it's pretty impressive. My kids want to spend their Christmas money and get one. Only place I see them is through their website, that sound right?

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:40 am

BOTW. Down to needing 11 more shrines. I finished 41 of the 42 Shrine quests. I'm struggling on the one you need the Blood moon. There is no rhyme or reason when it comes up.

Completed 67 Side quests, need 9 more.

Need 5 more memories.

After I finish the above, I'm going to kick Gannon's ass.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:52 am

I can't play Gears 5: Hivebusters during the mid-morning period thanks to how bright my living room gets. I was sitting there wondering what the hell was shooting me thanks to how dark some of the scenes are.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:55 am

I can't play Gears 5: Hivebusters during the mid-morning period thanks to how bright my living room gets. I was sitting there wondering what the hell was shooting me thanks to how dark some of the scenes are.
Since I play mostly multiplayer, I boost my brightness setting in basically every game so I can more easily see enemies. It doesn't look at pretty, but it's necessary for multiplayer.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:57 am

Since I play mostly multiplayer, I boost my brightness setting in basically every game so I can more easily see enemies. It doesn't look at pretty, but it's necessary for multiplayer.
I tried that for a little, but didn't want to miss out on the overall experience, so I just know to not play between like 10am-1pm.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:30 pm

Oculus quest 2 purchased from Amazon. Should have it next week. Going to be fun

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:35 pm

BOTW. Down to needing 11 more shrines. I finished 41 of the 42 Shrine quests. I'm struggling on the one you need the Blood moon. There is no rhyme or reason when it comes up.

Completed 67 Side quests, need 9 more.

Need 5 more memories.

After I finish the above, I'm going to kick Gannon's ass.
I got super lucky on the blood moon one. I lost track of the cycle and just hightailed it to the platform and it turned out to be a blood moon night.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:36 pm

Finished Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. I know I heaped a ton of praise on God of War calling it one of the best games of the generation, but Ghost of Tsushima was actually better IMO. Just a fantastic story, fantastic game play, graphics were gorgeous on the PS5. Just a beautiful game that had just the right balance of difficulty IMO. I took some fantastic pictures with photo mode that I will have to post sometime.

God of War (2018)
Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima

Not sure if I will ever have a better 3 game run than that. Spider Man Miles Morales was right before that which was also fantastic. Now I just have to figure out if I'm going to try to start AC Valhalla, or I'm going to finally play Horizon Zero Dawn.
I'm biased, but I think you should play HZD and make it the best 4 games you ever played in a row.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:49 pm

God of War (2018)
Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima

I'm biased, but I think you should play HZD and make it the best 4 games you ever played in a row.
I'm leaning that way. We shall see? How long is HZD? I figure with AC Valhalla I will sink like 80-100 hours in it, so if HZD is a 25 or so game makes sense to play that first.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:20 pm

God of War (2018)
Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima

I'm leaning that way. We shall see? How long is HZD? I figure with AC Valhalla I will sink like 80-100 hours in it, so if HZD is a 25 or so game makes sense to play that first.
Depends on what your goal is... if you just want to play through the story and do the sidequests and not necessarily go for the platinum, it will be significantly less than that, imo. If you have the expansion (which I would recommend), that increases it a bit.

Even with the platinum it would probably still be comfortably under 80. Note that the expansion adds some more difficult trophies such as beating New Game+ on Ultra Hard difficulty... but this is not required for the platinum, which is tied to the base game. The difficult trophy there is mastering all of the hunting grounds, something I still have not done myself.

New Game+ is fun since you keep everything you gained previously (Although some abilities are necessarily unavailable early in the new game+) - but I suspect that you will probably not mess with that much, if at all, and it is not required unless you really want all of the expansion trophies.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 pm

God of War (2018)
Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima

Depends on what your goal is... if you just want to play through the story and do the sidequests and not necessarily go for the platinum, it will be significantly less than that, imo. If you have the expansion (which I would recommend), that increases it a bit.

Even with the platinum it would probably still be comfortably under 80. Note that the expansion adds some more difficult trophies such as beating New Game+ on Ultra Hard difficulty... but this is not required for the platinum, which is tied to the base game. The difficult trophy there is mastering all of the hunting grounds, something I still have not done myself.

New Game+ is fun since you keep everything you gained previously (Although some abilities are necessarily unavailable early in the new game+) - but I suspect that you will probably not mess with that much, if at all, and it is not required unless you really want all of the expansion trophies.
:thumb:

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Started playing Diablo 3. What took me so long to finally play Diablo? Picked a necromancer as my first character as I wanted to play something different other than a rogue-type or warrior. Really loving raising undead hoards to fight by my side. I feel like the Night King.

Kaiser

Video Games

Postby Kaiser » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Started playing Diablo 3. What took me so long to finally play Diablo? Picked a necromancer as my first character as I wanted to play something different other than a rogue-type or warrior. Really loving raising undead hoards to fight by my side. I feel like the Night King.
never played one before? what made you get it?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:55 pm

Nice. I'm a witch doctor. I play with my 3 kids. It's a lot of fun except when they have to pick up and swap every item that drops.