Video Games

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:26 pm

GoT was awesome on PS4, I'm sure it's even better on PS5.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:35 pm

GoT was awesome on PS4, I'm sure it's even better on PS5.
They updated to a locked 60fps not sure what else but it looks stunning. I just stop and look around sometimes. It's breathtaking in motion as well.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:43 pm

The DMR in warzone might be the most over powered gun in any pvp game ever.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Really? It’s so weak in Cold War.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:15 pm

DMR and dual Diamattis or Mac-10 and it doesn’t matter.

If you’re not rocking that class set up. You’re not gonna compete.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:22 pm

DMR and dual Diamattis or Mac-10 and it doesn’t matter.

If you’re not rocking that class set up. You’re not gonna compete.
I need to get into Warzone. The Mac-10 sucks in Cold War too. The vertical recoil is insane.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:29 pm

It’s got recoil in warzone but it rips when you get it figured out.

The DMR is just a three shot laser at seemingly any distance if you hit at least one head shot.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:25 pm

Yeah the dmr just isn't fair. While the mac is a force, dual dia's are op. Bad meta.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:17 am

Played my first player v player multiplayer titanfall 2 matches this morning. 3 kills in 3 games, and I was getting picked off too soon to actually get my Titan. :lol:

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:05 pm

Been playing a couple games of late...

First up, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

As a Zelda game, I want to love this... But I can't. It isn't bad per se, but it gets old after awhile.

The different characters have slightly different abilities, but ultimately it's just "kill mass groups of enemies asap, occasionally a boss or tough enemy shows up which actually requires strategy"... There have been a few interesting stages where you get to actually control the Divine Beasts, but I wouldn't say that those were amazing either.

I'm interested in the story but kinda bored with the game itself.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm also playing Immortals Fenyx Rising. This plays like an open world Zelda game based in Greek Mythology. If you are a fan of both, you will enjoy this game.

It's not BOTW, that isn't a fair comparison, but it has its own charm and humor.

My only real complaint so far is that the load times suck. As such it is probably more enjoyable on the new consoles.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:09 pm

Played my first player v player multiplayer titanfall 2 matches this morning. 3 kills in 3 games, and I was getting picked off too soon to actually get my Titan. :lol:
As the kids say: git gud.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:37 pm

As the kids say: git gud.
That’s the plan. I wish there were more co-op vs. AI campaigns. I feel bad for the others on my team, because I’m always coming in last. Titanfall 2 is very much a ‘go fast, stay liquid’ game where you need to always be moving, jumping, and sliding. That makes it difficult to aim and shoot.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:23 pm

I have two missions to go in Ghost of Tshumina and I don't want it to end.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:39 pm

I have two missions to go in Ghost of Tshumina and I don't want it to end.
Yeah...Definitely one of very few games I've played that I actually got upset once I got near the end. I tried to stretch out the last few missions, but once you're there, you're there. Such an amazing game.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:46 pm

I can't spell Tshusima today or yesterday lol.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:30 pm

If Sony really makes this PS2 themed PS5 I might have to go full skullman on it.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:54 pm

The controller looks like a pancake. I will say that I prefer the feel of the Xbox controller over the PS3 controller - especially the joystick placement.

On an unrelated note, Titanfall 2 has spoiled me in terms of control compared to games like Halo 4 and Gears 5; movement and aiming/firing is just superior in TF2. Gears is especially bad now that I’ve played others, though the graphics and scenery is amazing. Still can’t beat the god damn Matriarch to move on.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:15 pm

Oooohhhhh s**t, I'm all over a retro PS5.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:05 am

Pretty far into Immortals Fenyx Rising now. Just have one last vault in the main story. Not too far off the platinum but there are a couple trophies that are going to take awhile... And one that may be difficult to achieve.

I am really enjoying this game. I highly recommend thtat fans of Zelda check it out at some point.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:19 pm

This is cool:
Fortnite developer Epic Games has announced that it is moving its corporate headquarters to a new, significantly larger campus--and it sounds truly massive.

Epic has announced that it has acquired North Carolina's Cary Towne Center, a mall of sorts that was built in 1979. As with many other shopping centers around the US, a number of its big box tenants, including Sears and JCPenny, have vacated in recent years.

The space is truly massive, coming in at 980,000 square feet, spread across 87 acres. The goal is for the new campus to open by 2024. The site will include office buildings and "recreational spaces." Epic said its ambition is to "create a campus customized from the ground up to accommodate its long-term growth."

Construction is slated to begin in 2021. For now, Epic's employees will continue to work out of the office near Crossroads Boulevard in Cary.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fortn ... Type=image

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:21 pm

Source of the post Still can’t beat the god damn Matriarch to move on.
Finally killed the dodint and was able to progress. I forgot how good Gears 5 was since I was stuck on that boss for so long. This may be one of the best looking games on Xbox, as well.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:22 pm

Plenty of space to build a full scale rocket league arena...

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:22 pm

I forgot that Epic owns Rocket League now...

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:10 pm

Pretty far into Immortals Fenyx Rising now. Just have one last vault in the main story. Not too far off the platinum but there are a couple trophies that are going to take awhile... And one that may be difficult to achieve.

I am really enjoying this game. I highly recommend thtat fans of Zelda check it out at some point.
I may have to check this one out.

I've beat all 4 Divine Beast on BoTW, and completed 60 side quests and 97 shrines. I need 6 more memories too and have close to 140 seeds. I just want to wrap up the main quests, side quests and shrines. Figure it will take me a few weeks as I'm back into full swing with work. But realy loving this game.

I was looking to get into Hyrule Warriors, but it doesn't sound as good, but will probably still give it a shot.

My daughter and I started Mario Aces, she's been wanting that game forever. Between that and Lego DC Super Villions and the Harry potter game, it will keep me busy for a while. But once I get through that with them, I'll give that IFR a try.

The kids have been playing Animal Crossing on their own.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:42 am

Figured I'd post this here, as well. 75% of these games were downloaded and played over the holiday break, but here's my Xbox gaming experience thus far:
  • Gears 5: Still on the single player campaign. One of my favorite games
  • Forza 4 Horizon: Just stupid fun with great everything
  • Titanfall 2: Overall, one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played
  • Anthem: Apparently nobody plays it anymore, because I can never find others in multiplayer, but I love the gameplay - flying, interesting weapons. The in-between battle stuff is awful, though, which is why it's toast. Hoping an Anthem 2.0 is released, because it could be killer on XSX
  • Ace Combat 7: Fun game if you've got a joystick (I do... waiting for MSFS 2020)
  • Elite Dangerous: I don't like the controls or gameplay when not flying
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II: Outstanding graphics and gameplay. Still playing this one
  • Star Wards Jedi: Fallen Order: Just didn't like this one. Wasn't that fun
  • Unravel 2: My daughter and I play this game together - lots of fun
  • Skyrim: Really good storyline, decent graphics. Fighting is a little lame
  • Sea of Thieves: Fun for a bit, but got bored
  • Destiny 2: Only played for a little, but couldn't get into it. May give it another try later on
  • Rocket League: My daughter loves this, though I swear far too many ultra competitive people play in the casual multiplayer games
  • Outer Worlds: Good story, decent gameplay, but ultimately got bored with it
  • ARK: Survival Evolved: This was just... dumb
There are a few others, but they weren't worth mentioning. I think I played more Xbox over the last 10 days than I have in the last few years combined. If Titanfall 2's singleplayer campaign were longer, I'd still be playing that. So damn good.