Star Wars discussion (SPOILERS INCLUDED)

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:37 am

“So this is actually separate from The Mandalorian season 3, but what we didn’t say in that announcement is that the next show coming up, Kathy said the next chapter, is the Book of Boba Fett. And then we go into production right after that on season 3 of The Mandalorian. We’re working on pre-production on that right now, while we’re in production on Boba Fett.”

So sounds like Mando 3 will be coming later

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:49 am

... or a shiny perky robot came in all happy and rainbows, a complete opposite to Grogu's recent life, and he just connected to that light. Like a kid being afraid or sad and a puppy bounding into the room.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:00 pm

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:07 pm

That pit droid sitting on a director's chair is great. By the way, GMA is terrible. Just as he's getting into specifics of Hamill's involvement, the interviewer cuts him off to ask where the name "Grogu" comes from. Ugh. Hopefully there will be another BTS series for season 2 like Gallery.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:14 pm

They finally got me. Luke is by far my favorite character, and after seeing how they massacred my boy in the movies, I needed that. I didnt dare have any thoughts that it might be him. I repeated to myself over and over that it was some cartoon character or something.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:18 pm

That pit droid sitting on a director's chair is great. By the way, GMA is terrible. Just as he's getting into specifics of Hamill's involvement, the interviewer cuts him off to ask where the name "Grogu" comes from. Ugh. Hopefully there will be another BTS series for season 2 like Gallery.
I believe that the special that will be available on Christmas is going to be somewhat similar to that

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Who the actual f**k cares where the name 'Grogu' came from, and why would you devote limited bandwidth to divining the root of that????????

It came from the same place Greedo and Jabba and Tarkin and Qui-gon and Mothma came from; your butt, loser. Why the f**k do people give one hot s**t about that name.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Btw, I am noticing very little talk about R2D2.
Grogu seemed to want nothing to do with Luke. He was clutching Mando"s boot, looking like he wasn't going to go, until R2 came in. R2 started beeping and shaking as soon as he saw Grogu, like he did when he was reunited with 3PO. They sure seem to remember each other.
Ditto. I noticed that as well.
It makes sense. Grogu and Anakin are roughly the same age, and would've been little kids at the Jedi Temple at the same time. So......... yeah, that follows.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Will be interesting to see what characters from rtoj pop up in the rangers show. Also sounds like Filoni is saying the Ashoka series will be her going after Thrawn, so that's exciting to look forward to.

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:49 pm

Favreau was talking quite slow, and those shows are time set for minutes per segment, not however long a DVD extra or the D+ show about making Mando happens to take. They hit 6 minutes and had probably only budgeted 5 minutes for the segment, and some producer probably wanted to know where the name came from so it needed to be asked.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:36 pm

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:42 pm

I'd also like to shout out to Bill Burr. He was excellent in his role. The scene at the table with the commander was very good.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 am

Grogu seemed to want nothing to do with Luke. He was clutching Mando"s boot, looking like he wasn't going to go, until R2 came in. R2 started beeping and shaking as soon as he saw Grogu, like he did when he was reunited with 3PO. They sure seem to remember each other.
It makes sense. Grogu and Anakin are roughly the same age, and would've been little kids at the Jedi Temple at the same time. So......... yeah, that follows.
A little more speculation on this angle.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/m ... =algorithm

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:51 am

I think I've posted this before...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:36 am

A little more speculation on this angle.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/m ... =algorithm
The entire saga touched off when the little blue and white droid met Luke and delivered the "You're my only hope" message. Given the scale of coincidence that would otherwise be required for that to happen, it seems clear their meeting was...... 'arranged' by the Force (although that's clearly a retcon thing that is in no way ever even hinted at in the story). But if you think about it, Artoo has ever since really been relegated to mostly comic relief and fan service roles; the only thing of note he does that couldn't really be done by any other character is store the map to Ach-To, which, from a storytelling perspective, is essentially the same job he had in Ep IV ("Here's some super-secret information that can help you defeat the Bad Guys!").

So it would be interesting to give him a mission-critical role like rescuing Grogu from the Temple. Artoo isn't seen in any of the Order 66 footage in Ep III, but he is on Coruscant at that time (he arrives to take Anakin to Mustafar to assassinate the Asian racial tropes right after the Younglings scene). Any use of Artoo in the rescue of Grogu would be be execution-dependent (my faith in Favreau-Filoni is complete; they've earned it), but it would be sorta weird for him to know what was going on re Order 66, go save the kid, and then arrive to take the guy responsible for him having to save Grogu in the first place off on a road trip to do more murdering.

Like I said, they've earned the benefit of the doubt at this stage, and any speculation at this point is just that. But it seems clear by Artoo's reaction that there's a measure of recognition in his circuits when he sees Grogu.

eddy

Postby eddy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:40 am

Maybe he's just as excited as we all were when we saw baby yoda for the first time

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Still kinda blown away that in 2 seasons this show has managed to have two gigantic surprise reveals without the slightest hint of a leak. And in each case, they had to keep it under wraps for like a year. Fantastic.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:42 am

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Spoiler video.

The joy “that” scene gives people just makes me smile.

https://fb.watch/2zxwnjtLRe/

eddy

Postby eddy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:15 am

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:30 pm

The Gallery special was pretty great. I love BTS stuff.

Grgu needs to learn how to throw up the horns.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:52 am

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 pm

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 am

No..............

:lol:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:48 am

Power converter in hand :lol: