House Buying Thread

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:44 am

Source of the post Did you physically mail a check for the first MrC payment? Looks like that's what I'll have to do.
Didn't see this before - no, I just waited until my account was active on Mr. Cooper's site, and then logged in with my old account - which they had already linked with my new loan.

Did you receive a letter (on your account on TMS' website, and via snail mail) from TMS about your mortgage transfer? The 'outbound correspondence). That will have your new Mr. Cooper loan number on it, FWIW.

robbiestoupe

House Buying Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:45 am

tif:joule::NTP:Better.com - should start asking Better for a little kickback.

15 year rates are even lower today than when I locked in.

robbiestoupe

House Buying Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:47 am

Source of the post Did you physically mail a check for the first MrC payment? Looks like that's what I'll have to do.
Didn't see this before - no, I just waited until my account was active on Mr. Cooper's site, and then logged in with my old account - which they had already linked with my new loan.

Did you receive a letter (on your account on TMS' website, and via snail mail) from TMS about your mortgage transfer? The 'outbound correspondence). That will have your new Mr. Cooper loan number on it, FWIW.
Yep, went back and reread it with your reminder today. I'll give them another week before I physically mail them a check.

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:56 am

Source of the post 15 year rates are even lower today than when I locked in.
Why did you make me look? 2.125% with $2900 in credits, which means I could refinance again, have a lower rate (currently 2.375%), and put cash back into my pocket.

Edit: Nevermind, it's early and I was reading that backwards. That's $2900 in points/fees, not a credit. My refi was still better.

robbiestoupe

House Buying Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:05 am

I settled at 2.5% and with the $500 credit a miniscule amount of points required. Still worked out great, no regrets

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:08 am

Yeah, we still made out well. My parents are going from 3.75% to 2.5% for the same term left, which allows them to put the extra cash towards their retirement funds. Win/win right there.

skullman80

House Buying Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:20 am

Man the rates right now make it tempting to at least try to get down from 30 year to 20 year mortgage. We got 3.25% at 30 years back in June, I bet we could knock 10 years off and only go up a bit in monthly payments.

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:21 am

Man the rates right now make it tempting to at least try to get down from 30 year to 20 year mortgage. We got 3.25% at 30 years back in June, I bet we could knock 10 years off and only go up a bit in monthly payments.
I would 100% look at it. And if you want a referral to save $500 at closing, let me know and I'll send you my info to pass along to Better.com.

skullman80

House Buying Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:27 am

I would 100% look at it. And if you want a referral to save $500 at closing, let me know and I'll send you my info to pass along to Better.com.
Thanks.. will let you know.

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:27 am

FWIW, you can check rates on their site before ever entering any of your info. That will at least see if it's worthwhile.

King Colby

House Buying Thread

Postby King Colby » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:25 am

I'm in the process of 2.575 on a 30 year refi with no points. I could have done 2.5 on a 20 year but it didn't make sense for that small of an improvement to hinder my financial flexibility. My mortgage payment goes down about $350 so I plan to pay $175 extra each month and use the other 175 for something else.

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:47 am

Yep, went back and reread it with your reminder today. I'll give them another week before I physically mail them a check.
Mr. Cooper received the paperwork and payment from TMS yesterday, so I am officially all caught up. It took roughly 40 days from the time of TMS notifying me that the mortgage was being transferred to Mr. Cooper receiving everything.

robbiestoupe

House Buying Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:34 am

Mr. Cooper received the paperwork and payment from TMS yesterday, so I am officially all caught up. It took roughly 40 days from the time of TMS notifying me that the mortgage was being transferred to Mr. Cooper receiving everything.
I called Mr. Cooper yesterday to ask why I don't have an account yet. Payment is due 1/1. They said I won't have an account until 1/1.

Called TMS and they said this is true, but I won't accrue any late fees since there is a 60 day grace period on any(?) payment.

Kinda wish they would have told me that to begin with, but glad it's all settled.

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:31 am

I called Mr. Cooper yesterday to ask why I don't have an account yet. Payment is due 1/1. They said I won't have an account until 1/1.

Called TMS and they said this is true, but I won't accrue any late fees since there is a 60 day grace period on any(?) payment.

Kinda wish they would have told me that to begin with, but glad it's all settled.
Yeah, I went through the same. If you login to your TMS account, do you have any new transfer documents in that section? You should have definitely been notified of the switch. BTW, I think Mr. Cooper takes 7-10 days to allow you to create your account once they transfer the mortgage. I already had an existing account, so I think that's why I was able to access it quicker.

robbiestoupe

House Buying Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:05 pm

They notified me of the switch, but didn't explain that I wouldn't be able to make any payments until after the next payment was due. Hopefully come 1/4 I can get into Mr. Cooper with an account

mac5155

House Buying Thread

Postby mac5155 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:39 pm

I locked in a 2.75% rate today at 25 years with my current lender. Was able to get it with no Escrow too which is my preference and what I do now. Currently have 27 years remaining and I've only been in the house for a little less than 3 years come closing time, but F it. I'm doing this. Lowering my payment almost a hundo a month and shaving term too. I'll continue the current payment amount and pay it off in <22 years.

NTP66

House Buying Thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:46 pm

:thumb:

mac5155

House Buying Thread

Postby mac5155 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:47 pm

At one point today, had enough to cover closing costs :lol:

dodint

House Buying Thread

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:17 pm

Anyone here do any house flipping?

I have a client who just wants to get rid of a prefab/trailer home off of Rt. 22 in Murrysville. The short of the story is because she owns a home she no longer qualifies for certain social security and Medicaid programs. If she unloads the asset it unlocks more entitlements to bolster her fixed income.

She paid $50k for it, she thinks it's worth $10k as it stands, and it has $4.7k of back tax liens on it. She's literally trying to give it away. She says it's structurally good and looks fine from the outside. The inside needs work. Some non-code wiring, needs walls patched up or replaced, same with some floors, and it's going to have an animal smell until you clean it.

But, it's free, so if you're already a flipper you're starting with a floor of $0 to $4.7k and whatever you put into it.

She's a Pro Bono client so I don't have a stake here. No finders fee for me. Just trying to find a solution to her problem as she doesn't have any real legal remedies.

mac5155

House Buying Thread

Postby mac5155 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:33 pm

I've been talking about getting into this type of thing with a friend of mine. If you wouldn't mind just PMing me the address? Just want to take a look on street view/google maps.

Shyster

House Buying Thread

Postby Shyster » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:28 pm

I keep hearing "We pay cash for houses" ads on KDKA radio. Those folks might take it off her hands.

robbiestoupe

House Buying Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:17 am

Anyone here do any house flipping?

I have a client who just wants to get rid of a prefab/trailer home off of Rt. 22 in Murrysville. The short of the story is because she owns a home she no longer qualifies for certain social security and Medicaid programs. If she unloads the asset it unlocks more entitlements to bolster her fixed income.

She paid $50k for it, she thinks it's worth $10k as it stands, and it has $4.7k of back tax liens on it. She's literally trying to give it away. She says it's structurally good and looks fine from the outside. The inside needs work. Some non-code wiring, needs walls patched up or replaced, same with some floors, and it's going to have an animal smell until you clean it.

But, it's free, so if you're already a flipper you're starting with a floor of $0 to $4.7k and whatever you put into it.

She's a Pro Bono client so I don't have a stake here. No finders fee for me. Just trying to find a solution to her problem as she doesn't have any real legal remedies.
I have a friend that does this stuff. He's basically a slum lord. Don't know if he's ever done trailers before, but I could see if he's interested.

dodint

House Buying Thread

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:31 am

Thanks. My BIL is going to do a drive-by of it today and let me know what it really looks like. The owner describing it to me now lives in South Dakota and probably hasn't laid eyes on it herself in a while.

mac5155

House Buying Thread

Postby mac5155 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:52 am

The Google streetview, I've seen much much worse :lol:

mac5155

House Buying Thread

Postby mac5155 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:04 am

Appraiser just came/left.

"How much do you need it to appraise for" was his first question. Seemed a little dirty but hey, I'm not complaining. :lol: