COVID-19

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:08 pm

I think the intention is quite clear... prison populations are at risk. More at risk than the normal everyday healthy people (ya know... the people at the bottom of the list to get it). When the "ZOMG PRISONERS HAVE MORE RIGHTS THAN ME!" people hear that, they're going to go bananas.

King Colby

COVID-19

Postby King Colby » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:21 pm

My wife and I are both phase 1 i believe

shoeshine boy

COVID-19

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:26 pm

have many of you ever lost your sense of taste or smell due to a flu/cold before? i know that's how it works but i've never heard of it happening to anyone. i thought it just happened with this covid because it was so extreme on your sinuses. but c2i was saying surprise surprise like it always happens. i just assumed until now that it was the best telltale sign that you had it.
when I have bad colds and flu I would not say that I lose my sense of smell or taste. sometimes I can't smell because I'm so stuffed up and things usually taste different. for instance, I love Coca-Cola but when I'm sick I can't stand the taste of it so I drink Sprite instead but I can still TASTE the Sprite.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:34 pm

Hmm, looks like I may qualify for phase 1...but I think I'm good to wait...
Having your IQ and shoe size as the same number doesn’t qualify you. Back of the line.
Joke's on you...my shoe size is almost 50... 8-)

Suck too sucks, meow...

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Hmm, looks like I may qualify for phase 1...but I think I'm good to wait...
Chlamydia isn't on the approved 'serious conditions that compromise their immune systems' list...
It is when I give it to half of the medical professionals in Delaware County...

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:36 pm

That's a European IQ, tho.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:37 pm

So, 50mm then...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:41 pm

have many of you ever lost your sense of taste or smell due to a flu/cold before? i know that's how it works but i've never heard of it happening to anyone. i thought it just happened with this covid because it was so extreme on your sinuses. but c2i was saying surprise surprise like it always happens. i just assumed until now that it was the best telltale sign that you had it.
when I have bad colds and flu I would not say that I lose my sense of smell or taste. sometimes I can't smell because I'm so stuffed up and things usually taste different. for instance, I love Coca-Cola but when I'm sick I can't stand the taste of it so I drink Sprite instead but I can still TASTE the Sprite.
I missed this... I said minor loss of smell. I had a sinus infection and everything was blocked up.

A big part of taste is your sense of smell, so if your smell is messed up, so is your taste. I don't think I've ever fully lost the sensation of smell like is described with COVID.

tifosi77

COVID-19

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:46 pm

Anywhere from 75% to 95% of what you perceive on your palate and taste buds is informed by the aroma compounds you pick up. In other words, taste is largely dependent on smell.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Shnozmia

@idoit40fans

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Grab some popcorn for when the fact that people in prison get it before healthy people becomes public.
are you implying that all people in prisons are unhealthy people?
Read....read what I wrote a second or third time.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Grab some popcorn for when the fact that people in prison get it before healthy people becomes public.
"people in prison get it before healthy people"

maybe I'm an idiot (ok, it's not "maybe", I'm definitely an idiot) but it still comes off like you are differentiating "people in prison" from "healthy people"

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:06 pm

?

LeopardLetang

COVID-19

Postby LeopardLetang » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:07 pm

I missed this... I said minor loss of smell. I had a sinus infection and everything was blocked up.

A big part of taste is your sense of smell, so if your smell is messed up, so is your taste. I don't think I've ever fully lost the sensation of smell like is described with COVID.

I just checked only because I was surprised if I missed that. Had you said minor I probably wouldn't have been surprised! I didn't check to be a prick in any way :scared:
Source of the post I was quite sick. Lead to a sinus infection, which in turn (surprise, surprise) lead to an acute loss of smell and taste

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

COVID-19

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:59 pm

America's mayors don't care.

PFiDC

COVID-19

Postby PFiDC » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:00 pm

maybe I'm an idiot (ok, it's not "maybe", I'm definitely an idiot) but it still comes off like you are differentiating "people in prison" from "healthy people"
I believe he is distinguishing between people ages 0-60 (or whatever the age cutoff for "more at risk is) who are not healthcare workers and people in prison/jail.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:01 pm

I just checked only because I was surprised if I missed that. Had you said minor I probably wouldn't have been surprised! I didn't check to be a prick in any way :scared:
Source of the post I was quite sick. Lead to a sinus infection, which in turn (surprise, surprise) lead to an acute loss of smell and taste
Ah... acute, minor... same difference.

LeopardLetang

COVID-19

Postby LeopardLetang » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:36 pm

hahahah

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:57 pm

Oh no. I feel like it is the right decision. The “grab some popcorn” comment is directed toward the Karens of the world that are gonna go bananalands when they find out people behind bars are vaccinated before they get to be.

count2infinity

COVID-19

Postby count2infinity » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:01 pm

MIMH's confusion is you using the term "healthy people" vs "people in prison". Either you worded it poorly or he read too much into it... well, probably both.

MIMH, what he's saying is he can't wait for the freak out when people in prison are considered high risk so they get the vaccine and your everyday public (healthy) person gets the vaccine. The freak out will be substantial.

meow, he read "healthy people" as you implying that everyone in prison is sick or unhealthy. Perhaps "healthy non-imprisoned people" is the better term.

NEXT!

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:04 pm

A prison is obviously not an environment conducive to good health.

meow

COVID-19

Postby meow » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:14 pm

Correct

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

COVID-19

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:18 pm

oh no, I totally get that people will be upset

John Oliver did a story about how prisons are getting destroyed by the virus because there's no inherent social distancing and PPE is not a thing in prisons

dodint

COVID-19

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:21 pm

I guess people just speak for MiMH now. Cool. :lol:

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:23 pm

America's mayors don't care.

Freddy's new job is to find tweets busting democrats for breaking their own rules.