Police earning the hate

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:33 pm

A good step in Virginia:

Virginia Passes Bill To Make it Harder for Problem Cops To Jump to New Departments
https://reason.com/2020/10/21/virginia- ... partments/
The Virginia Assembly passed a slate of police reform bills last Friday, including legislation making it easier to decertify police officers—a crucial step in making sure officers fired for serious misconduct can't easily jump to another department.

Under the new legislation, expected to be signed into law by Democratic Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam, a state board that oversees police will create a standard of conduct for officers in the state, and the board will have more power to strip officers of their certification if they commit a crime or violate those standards.

The bill's passage follows an August Virginian-Pilot investigation that found three dozen officers convicted of crimes since 2011 were never decertified.
But not everything that was proposed passed:
However, police groups managed to limit or kill bills they deemed too extreme, such as one creating a statutory duty for officers to report misconduct by other police.
More proof that protecting the Blue Code of Silence is more important to cops that protecting the public.

Ad@m

Police earning the hate

Postby Ad@m » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Former police officer acquitted on sex assault allegations
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) — A former northeastern Pennsylvania police officer accused of using his badge to sexually assault eight women while on duty has been acquitted on all counts.

Robert Collins had retired last year after a dozen years as a Wilkes-Barre officer. The 55-year-old Wright Township man was facing 36 counts related to on-duty assaults that prosecutors in Luzerne County said occurred from August 2013 to December 2014.

Prosecutors said Collins used the threat of arrest to coerce women into sexual acts.

The jury deliberated for about six hours before returning it’s verdict Friday. Collins called the charges against him “trumped up allegations.”

Troy Loney

Police earning the hate

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Copaganda

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:55 pm

I guess the FOP didn't realize this had been captured on video.

Jim

Police earning the hate

Postby Jim » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 pm

Copaganda

When you put on a badge, does your IQ automatically drop 25%, or is a low IQ to start a requirement to apply?

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:04 pm

One of the officers in the Taylor killing is suing Taylors boyfriend for emotional distress.

mac5155

Police earning the hate

Postby mac5155 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:50 pm

Sounds about right. It is 2020

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:47 pm

High-ranking ‘anti-harassment’ NYPD cop a virulent racist: City Council probe
https://nypost.com/2020/11/05/high-rank ... cil-probe/
A high-ranking NYPD official who was supposed to investigate harassment hid behind a pseudonym as he made virulently racist remarks on a popular police message board infamous for its vitriol — including referring to the Bronx DA as “a gap-toothed wildebeest” and NYC’s public advocate as the “twitching missing link,” according to a draft report by the City Council’s oversight committee.

The report, obtained by The Post, says that Deputy Inspector James Francis Kobel used the handle “Clouseau” to post “racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, and homophobic sentiments” on the The Rant forums 500 times between the summer of 2019 and fall of this year.

The high-ranking cop even attacked his own in numerous messages, calling a pair of female cops of color “gutter sluts” and “f–king animals” and a Palestinian-American lieutenant a “goat-f–king Palestinian scum bag.”

Kobel, who is a 30-year veteran of the force, was removed from his command and place on modified duty after the NYPD received the report on Oct. 14, a police spokesman said.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:15 pm

Denver sheriff's deputy suspended after crashing car while drunk with a minor, discipline letter says
https://www.9news.com/article/news/crim ... 7d06f6889f
DENVER — A deputy with the Denver Sheriff's Department is serving a 10-day suspension for driving while drunk and then crashing with his 16-year old son in the passenger seat, a Denver Department of Public Safety disciplinary letter said.

Deputy Jonathan Velez committed the crime on March 10 in his personal vehicle while off duty, according to the letter.

Officials said in the letter that on March 10, Velez consumed at least six beers and six shooters of vodka before driving his car with his son on Interstate 70, where the crash occurred.

At the time of the crash, the letter said Velez's BAC was .319; it is the state law that anything above a 0.08 constitutes DUI.

Velez wrecked the vehicle by crashing into a wall between the westbound I-70 ramp and Interstate 225, the letter said.

There were no other cars in the accident, and Velez's son escaped without any injury, officials said. Velez was brought to the hospital following the crash.

The 10-day suspension comes with a stipulation of a 2-year termination period if Valez commits any other offenses, according to the letter. He is also required to maintain sobriety through that period, attend counseling and complete an alcohol assessment.

Note what happened here. A cop gets screaming drunk and commits a serious DUI. That's a crime. He's also endangered his son's life. That's also a crime. For anyone other than a cop, this would be handed as a criminal matter by the courts. But for the cop it's handed as a disciplinary matter. Blue privilege.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:14 pm

Former Minneapolis police officer federally indicted on charges of extortion, drug theft
https://www.startribune.com/ex-minneapo ... 572993722/
A former Minneapolis police officer has been indicted on 11 counts alleging that he abused his position as a street cop to steal meth, heroin, oxycodone and other drugs for personal use during the course of his duties.

Ty Raymond Jindra, a 28-year-old former North Side patrol officer, ran a scheme from September 2017 to October 2019 to steal drugs by means of "deception, extortion, and conducting unconstitutional searches and seizures," according to a grand jury indictment unsealed in Minnesota U.S. District Court Friday.

This included confiscating drugs during a search without his partner looking, then failing to log them as evidence or filing a report, according to the indictment. Jindra pocketed drugs turned in to police by a concerned citizen and skimmed from bags before logging them into evidence, according to the indictment.

In one case, the charges say, Jindra stole heroin and meth from the scene of an overdose call.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:29 pm

NYPD Officer Accused Of Helping To Import And Distribute Cocaine

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:42 am

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Local police chief accused of asking for sexual favors from women he pulled over
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/l ... TKU3Q4B4Q/
WESTMORELAND CO., Pa. — The police chief of Seward in Westmoreland County is facing criminal charges related to accusations that he pulled women over and let them go in exchange for sexual favors.

State police said Robert Baldwin met with the two victims multiple times, both in the borough and in neighboring towns.

Baldwin has since resigned as chief, but state police are worried there could be more victims out there.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Warning: NSFW language.

The Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office says they are conducting an internal investigation this week after one of their investigators went to the home of Chris Coiner and killed their dog. Coiner had committed no crime and the investigator, James Freeman, was at the wrong address.

According to Coiner, Freeman came onto his property and shot his dog for no other reason than the dog barked at him. While the shooting was not caught on video, the heart breaking aftermath and subsequent scolding of Freeman certainly was.

“Wait right there. What is your name? What’s your name?” Coiner asked the investigator in the video. “I’m investigator Freeman with the Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office…I’m looking for Samuel,” Freeman responded.

“At what address?” Coiner asked.

“72 A,” Freeman responded.

At that moment, Coiner realized that this incompetent dog murderer was at the wrong house and proceeded to let him have it.
“That’s over there you G****** moron. Get off my property! You shot and killed my dog!”

KATV reports that according to Faulkner County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Captain Erinn Stone, Freeman was conducting a sex offender compliance check at 72 Autumn Hills Road.

Coiner does not live at 72 Autumn Hills.

“I asked him why he was here, and he said he was looking for somebody named Samuel at 72 Autumn Hills Road which is the next-door neighbor,” said Coiner. “I didn’t know this at the time, but I had found out he had already been to 72 which was the right address, so he knew he was not at the right address and he shot my dog for barking at him.”

KATV reports that even though Freeman went to the wrong house and killed an innocent family’s dog — for reportedly no reason — that Chief Deputy Matt Rice confirmed Freeman is still on duty. Naturally, the fact that Freeman is still on duty doesn’t sit well with Coiner.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:30 pm

More on the Faulkner County dog shooting:

Arkansas Cop Shoots Family Dog After Going to Wrong Address
https://reason.com/2020/11/16/arkansas- ... ng-address
An Arkansas sheriff's investigator is under internal investigation for shooting a family dog last week after going to the wrong address, Little Rock news outlet KATV reports.

Faulkner County Sheriff's Office Investigator James Freeman showed up at the house of Chris Coiner last Monday and fatally shot his son's 3-year-old mixed-breed terrier, Clide. The investigator was supposed to be at the house next door.

. . .

This is not the first time the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office has made headlines for shooting a dog. Last January, a Faulkner County sheriff's deputy was fired and charged with animal cruelty after he casually shot a small dog because the owner refused to walk outside to talk to him. Although the deputy was fired, the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office said he had not appeared to violate any of the department's policies.

. . .

KATV reports that the Faulkner County Sheriff's Office has not altered its policies since the dog shooting last year, and that Freeman is still on duty while under investigation.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:27 pm

‘I don’t give a f*ck about your rights’: Police chief fired after video of arrest
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/video-poli ... ghts-fired
The chief of police in Corunna, Michigan, has been fired after video footage showed him arresting a man who was recording on public property. The police chief told the man that he doesn’t “give a ****” about his rights.

Matthew Wrosch was recording outside in a field where a suicidal man was threatening to jump from a tower on Friday.

At the start of a live-streamed video Wrosch later saved on YouTube, two police officers approach him and ask him what he’s doing.

“First Amendment protected activity,” the man says. “Unless you got it taped off, I can be here.”

The officers explain they are trying to avoid the man getting agitated and falling before they can talk him down. When Wrosch asks for their names and badge numbers, they comply, and he offers to move farther back to ensure he is out of their way.

“Just because a person’s life hangs in the balance here, I decided that I would move back by these big electric poles so that I’m not as noticeable to the guy,” Wrosch tells his viewers. “I do not want to be the reason he decides to jump, that’s for sure.”

Later, Police Chief Nick Chiros approaches Wrosch solo, and the situation escalates. “Hey you, I need you to get out of here,” Chiros says. Wrosch declines and informs Chiros that he’s protected under the First Amendment.

Chiros repeatedly tells him to get out and appears to grab Wrosch’s recording device before warning that he’ll arrest him if he doesn’t leave. Wrosch asks why he would be arrested, to which Chiros replies, “For interfering.”

After some additional back and forth, Chiros goes to arrest Wrosch, who doesn’t resist but does continue filming. “I guess I’m getting arrested, guys,” he says. “Everybody start bombing the Corunna police with phone calls because he’s illegally arresting me right now.”

In the remainder of the video, Chiros tries to figure out how to turn off Wrosch’s camera (which Wrosch warns him is also a violation of his rights). Chiros appears to dig through Wrosch’s pockets and tells him to “shut the hell up” when he protests. Chiros later throws the phone to the ground, where it continues to record.

“I don’t give a **** about your rights right now. I’m not politically correct. So shove that up your ass,” Chiros says. “So you’re going to jail. You’re gonna learn the hard way.”

“I’m not going to learn the hard way, you are,” Wrosch fires back.

“No, I’m not. **** you,” Chiros says.

Wrosch was indeed taken to jail and processed before being released on Saturday morning. He later posted the video to YouTube and filmed himself protesting in front of City Hall.

The incident sparked outrage in the community and on social media, prompting the Corunna City Council to take action. The council voted unanimously 7-0 to fire Chiros, who had been police chief since 2015 and was planning to retire in January, Argus-Press reports.

dodint

Police earning the hate

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:51 pm

Sounds like bad people on both sides, there.

But one should be held to the higher standard, seems to have worked out.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:05 pm

The Philadelphia Sheriff’s Office can’t find 210 service and confiscated firearms:

I wonder if the police complied with Philly's "lost and stolen" statute.

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:49 pm

County Undersheriff, Sheriff’s Captain, Local Businessman, and Apple’s Chief Security Officer Charged with Bribery for CCW Licenses
https://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/newsroo ... Sung-.aspx
A grand jury has issued two indictments​ charging the Santa Clara County Undersheriff, a previously indicted sheriff’s captain, a local business owner, and the head of Global Security for Apple, Inc. with bribery.

Undersheriff Rick Sung , 48, and Captain James Jensen, 43, are accused of requesting bribes for concealed firearms (CCW) licenses, while insurance broker Harpreet Chadha, 49, and Apple’s Chief Security Officer Thomas Moyer, 50, are accused of offering bribes to get them.

The defendants will be arraigned on January 11, 2021 at the Hall of Justice in San Jose. If convicted, the defendants could receive prison time.

DA Jeff Rosen said: “Undersheriff Sung and Captain Jensen treated CCW licenses as commodities and found willing buyers. Bribe seekers should be reported to the District Attorney’s Office, not rewarded with compliance.”

The two-year investigation by the District Attorney’s Office revealed that Undersheriff Sung, aided by Captain Jensen in one instance, held up the issuance of CCW licenses, refusing to release them until the applicants gave something of value.

In the case of four CCW licenses withheld from Apple employees, Undersheriff Sung and Cpt. Jensen managed to extract from Thomas Moyer a promise that Apple would donate iPads to the Sheriff’s Office. The promised donation of 200 iPads worth close to $70,000 was scuttled at the eleventh hour just after August 2, 2019, when Sung and Moyer learned of the search warrant that the District Attorney’s Office executed at the Sheriff’s Office seizing all its CCW license records.

In the case of the CCW license withheld from Harpreet Chadha, Sung managed to extract from Chadha a promise of $6,000 worth of luxury box seat tickets to a San Jose Sharks hockey game at the SAP Center on Valentine’s Day 2019. Sheriff Laurie Smith’s family members and some of her biggest political supporters held a small celebration of her re-election as Sheriff in the suite.

The various fees required to obtain a CCW license generally total between $200 and $400. Under state law, it is a crime to carry a concealed firearm without a CCW license. Although state law requires that the applicant demonstrate “good cause” for the license, in addition to completing a firearms course and having good moral character, the sheriff has broad discretion in determining who should qualify.

This is also why California needs shall-issue CCW permits.

nocera

Police earning the hate

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:19 am

Pittsburgh Parking Authority earning the hate.

shafnutz05

Police earning the hate

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 pm

That's messed up.

PFiDC

Police earning the hate

Postby PFiDC » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:58 pm

That is infuriating

nocera

Police earning the hate

Postby nocera » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:37 am

Followup:

Pittsburgh parking officer suspended for blocking street, refusing to move for ambulance
https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/p ... SAYQ62PN4/

Shyster

Police earning the hate

Postby Shyster » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Former Prosecutor and Police Chief Sentenced for Framing Their Relative with a Crime to Conceal Their Own Fraud
https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdca/pr/fo ... ceal-their
HONOLULU, Hawaii – Former prosecutor Katherine Kealoha and former police chief Louis Kealoha were sentenced during separate hearings in federal court today to 13 years and seven years in prison, respectively, following a number of convictions, including conspiring to frame a relative with a crime to conceal their own fraud.

Chief U.S. District Judge J. Michael Seabright of the District of Hawaii also ordered the Kealohas to pay $454,984.78 and $237,698.56, respectively, in restitution to their victims, and ordered forfeiture of property representing proceeds of fraud, including the Kealohas’ former home in Honolulu, a Rolex watch, and $228,746.79. Katherine Kealoha is already in custody; Louis Kealoha was ordered to report to prison on April 12, 2021.

Judge Seabright rebuked the Kealohas for their “grotesque deprivation of civil rights,” which “staggered the community in many ways” and had “truly shaken confidence in our governing institutions.” He further remarked that “the Kealohas used their power to nurture, feed, and conceal their corrupt activity.”

The sentences imposed today mark the end of a series of criminal cases against the Kealohas. In June 2019, after six weeks of trial and one day of deliberation, a federal jury in Honolulu convicted the Honolulu power couple and Honolulu police officers Derek Hahn and Minh-Hung “Bobby” Nguyen of conspiracy and attempted obstruction of justice pertaining to the false arrest and prosecution of Katherine’s uncle, Gerard Puana. The evidence at trial established that the Kealohas used their considerable power, including commandeering the Honolulu Police Department’s elite Criminal Intelligence Unit, to frame Gerard with stealing their mailbox. To accomplish this, the conspirators prepped the mailbox to be “stolen,” selectively edited grainy surveillance video to conceal their preparatory acts, falsely identified Gerard as the culprit captured by the video, falsified police reports, withheld and destroyed evidence, and repeatedly lied about their activity to investigators, the federal grand jury, and the District Court for the District of Hawaii.

So the (now former) Honolulu chief of police, who is basically the chief law-enforcement officer in Hawaii, and his prosecutor wife committed the following crimes:

- Stole over $200,000 from the prosecutor's elderly grandmother;
- Framed the grandmother's son for a felony when he started to notice the theft;
- Used their offices to actively conceal the fact that the prosecutor's brother was a drug dealer;
- Obtained more than $591,000 from other people through bank fraud and other fraudulent schemes;
- Filed false police reports of identify theft in an attempt to conceal their fraud;
- Created fraudulent trusts; and
- Lied to repeatedly to investigators and in court.

MR25

Police earning the hate

Postby MR25 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:27 am