Video Games

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Watching this Miles Morales gameplay reminds me why I get bored with single-player games really quickly. You're basically watching a movie with extra steps.
Eh. I probably lean more towards Sony because they have more of a focus on single player games (especially with their exclusives). I don't play multiplayer online at all minus the occasional game of Madden or NHL.

Spiderman is a pretty simple game to paly (The PS4 version was at least), but I'd argue there are plenty of single player games that are much more than what you described, but different strokes and all that.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Nov 12
I'm being real lazy, but when are pre-orders going live? ha.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Nov 12
This Thursday I believe

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:29 pm

PS5 kept it simple, same system specs just with and without a disc drive.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:30 pm

Nov 12
This Thursday I believe
Just when I paid off the CC. :lol:

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:33 pm

Nov 12
This Thursday I believe
Just when I paid off the CC. :lol:
I just put together a new cheaper pc build so the kids can get into warcraft and all this is happening now.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:36 pm

I hope Best Buy is one of the select retailers I got like 100$ in BB rewards to use that would cushion this blow a bit.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm

PS5 kept it simple, same system specs just with and without a disc drive.
I've never owned a MSFT box, so I don't know what their online ecosystem is like. But coming out with different levels of the next-gen system seems.... weird? I don't know. Maybe they know their customers and this is something they've been clamoring for.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:43 pm

If I have a library of xbox games built up, is there reason to switch over to PS? I think ps2 was the last time I had their system
Check out the exclusives and see if there’s anything pulling you toward PS. Consoles now are so similar that multiplatform games are basically identical. It comes down with exclusives, what your friends play on (though that’s becoming a thing of the past) and controller preference.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:51 pm

Watching this Miles Morales gameplay reminds me why I get bored with single-player games really quickly. You're basically watching a movie with extra steps.
Eh. I probably lean more towards Sony because they have more of a focus on single player games (especially with their exclusives). I don't play multiplayer online at all minus the occasional game of Madden or NHL.

Spiderman is a pretty simple game to paly (The PS4 version was at least), but I'd argue there are plenty of single player games that are much more than what you described, but different strokes and all that.
Oh I know the Spider-Man style games are just one example of single player. I did enjoy GTA and Red Dead. The problem I have with those are I get a few hours to dig into the game then I may go 2 or 3 weeks before I’m able to really dive in again. And I forget everything—where am I? What am I doing? Where’s my horse? Why is this dude pissed at me?

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 pm

I only play single-player campaigns, because I really enjoy the narrative storytelling that's possible with interactive. So I make a really conscious effort to make at least an hour or so a day to play until I complete the game. But it also means that I don't play more than maybe 2 new games a year.

When Retro Replay started their definitive playthrough of Uncharted 2, I binged played all 4 console titles plus Lost Legacy in about six weeks. That's a lot of Nathan Drake, but then again it is also a lot of Chloe Fraser, so it's a tradeoff.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:44 pm

Nov 12
This Thursday I believe
Seems like it went live at some point this evening everywhere... Best Buy, Taarget, and Walmart are already out of stock. Amazon doesn't seem to have anything for preorders atm, so maybe that is still an option.

I'm somewhat annoyed because it wouldve been nice to know, but at the same time I don't NEED a ps5 yet... one of the main reasons I was going to try to get one was because it may be hard to get one for awhile otherwise due to the production issues (expecting 4 million less by March than anticipated)

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:41 am

Nov 12
This Thursday I believe
Seems like it went live at some point this evening everywhere... Best Buy, Taarget, and Walmart are already out of stock. Amazon doesn't seem to have anything for preorders atm, so maybe that is still an option.

I'm somewhat annoyed because it wouldve been nice to know, but at the same time I don't NEED a ps5 yet... one of the main reasons I was going to try to get one was because it may be hard to get one for awhile otherwise due to the production issues (expecting 4 million less by March than anticipated)
Yeah ditto. I woke up this morning and see they went live overnight and are sold out everywhere. I'll just wait till they come back in stock somewhere. I'm not in that big of a hurry.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:58 am

Nov 12
This Thursday I believe

Yeah ditto. I woke up this morning and see they went live overnight and are sold out everywhere. I'll just wait till they come back in stock somewhere. I'm not in that big of a hurry.
A quick ebay search shows a ton of "confirmed pre-order" PS5s listed at $1k. People are **** gross.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:00 am

This Thursday I believe

A quick ebay search shows a ton of "confirmed pre-order" PS5s listed at $1k. People are **** gross.
Yeah I knew that was going to happen. People are the worst, but it is what it is and expected sadly.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 am

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:41 am

This Thursday I believe

Yeah I knew that was going to happen. People are the worst, but it is what it is and expected sadly.
That kind of **** always catches me off guard. It's like I forget that people are dadholes. Sony also royally **** people on this. Or maybe it was the retailers. Somebody royally **** people and it's not 100% on the "scalpers." The good news is that it seems like the first year or two of this next gen will be more like cross gen so a PS5/Series X isn't absolutely necessary. You'll still be able to play mostly everything on current gen.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:44 am

Flash back to when people were selling "PS3 Box" on eBay for $500+ when they were released. Selling literally just the box, but the ad made it sound like you were getting the actual unit.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am

Flash back to when people were selling "PS3 Box" on eBay for $500+ when they were released. Selling literally just the box, but the ad made it sound like you were getting the actual unit.
Shitty, but most of those had "box only" in the description or even title. Buyers just weren't paying attention. Anytime I get something on eBay I make sure to comb the **** out of that description.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:56 am

Shitty, but most of those had "box only" in the description or even title. Buyers just weren't paying attention. Anytime I get something on eBay I make sure to comb the **** out of that description.
The ones I saw had "box only" written in the smallest font possible.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:58 am

The 'best' one of those I remember was the guy that bought a picture of a PS3 box. :lol:

I shouldn't laugh.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:13 am

I heard there were pre-order issues. Guess I'm going to get it at the start of 2021.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am

I'll probably hold off until they do the version two of it. I imagine it'll get smaller and have all the bugs worked out by then.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:44 am

And there should be more boxes on eBay for you to buy...

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am

Knock on wood, my release day PS4 is still kicking after all these years.