Gaucho

Politics And Current Events

Postby Gaucho » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 am

heh

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 am

That's the most important part...? haha

More important than whatever the tweeter and Freddy are trying to get out of it I guess.

But with such a small sample size you can't really glean anything meaningful out of it.

This is akin to "35% of Americans surveyed can't find Iraq on a map"

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:07 am

You don't have to get in the trenches any time someone posts something remotely negative about anything left of center and start with all the "you do you" crap.

This is a nothing thing. Chuckle and move on.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:19 am

Or he could just post the article without making it about left or right like any other functioning poster on the board, and we could discuss the merits of the article, which is what I'm trying to do, yet it's being viewed as me "digging into my trench" because he decided to make this a left or right issue.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:25 am

Or he could just post the article without making it about left or right like any other functioning poster on the board, and we could discuss the merits of the article, which is what I'm trying to do, yet it's being viewed as me "digging into my trench" because he decided to make this a left or right issue.
Everyone ITT makes everything a left or right issue... he isn’t unique.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:29 am

Yet your altruistic attempt to have this discussion included a "you do you" tone.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 am

Because he made a left and right issue out of something that wasn't when he posted the article. The tone of the article being posted was already tainted by his commentary, which he has consistently done in the past and then acts like he has no idea why everyone is riled up.

Am I going crazy here or...?

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:37 am

Because he made a left and right issue out of something that wasn't when he posted the article. The tone of the article being posted was already tainted by his commentary, which he has consistently done in the past and then acts like he has no idea why everyone is riled up.

No, that's his game.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am

We’re all mad here.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:51 am

Nazis are the q anon of the left?

The article said that over half the kids had seen nazi propaganda on the internet. But right, let’s keep on the whole “leftists are the actual nazis” thing.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Lt. Governor Fetterman is demanding that bail be lowered for the eight Antifa schmucks that are charged with felonies for their rioting in Lancaster over the weekend. With all due respect John, F off. Six of the eight arrested came from at least 15 minutes outside of Lancaster. One came from Mercersburg.

One of the only ways you are going to stop this crap is if you come down hard on the ones that are caught. No more garbage with Democratic politicians advocating for the donation of bail money to get these shtheads out of jail. I know Fetterman is sympathetic to the Antifa folks but he's off the reservation on this one.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:34 pm

So they had antifi ID cards on them? Is 15 minutes too far to drive to stand up for one's freedoms? Is money bail not inherently unjust in that it creates an environments where the well to do can go about their daily life while awaiting trial versus the poor having to wait in prison? For setting a dumpster on fire, also known as a Mountaineer Victory Party?

I mean, the protests shouldn't have taken place, those convicted should face penalties, and we've all agreed the actions of the officer were warranted. But the rhetoric is a bit thick.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm

A whole 15 minutes? It takes me 15 minutes to get Cranberry to go shopping.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:50 pm

So they had antifi ID cards on them? Is 15 minutes too far to drive to stand up for one's freedoms? Is money bail not inherently unjust in that it creates an environments where the well to do can go about their daily life while awaiting trial versus the poor having to wait in prison? For setting a dumpster on fire, also known as a Mountaineer Victory Party?

I mean, the protests shouldn't have taken place, those convicted should face penalties, and we've all agreed the actions of the officer were warranted. But the rhetoric is a bit thick.
They weren't protesters, they were rioters. They are all charged with felonies, including arson, rioting, etc.

One in particular that he cited in his tweet:
Taylor Enterline, 20, charged with arson, institutional vandalism, riot, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass. She had a firearm but doesn't appear to have a charge for that at this time.
It just seems like a dumb hill to die on from his position. I can see if these were protesters that are charged with a misdemeanor for blocking traffic, but it sounds like they are all very deserving of felonies.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:00 pm

No I’m bad at explaining. Most every muh guns muh 2nd amendment people also talk about protection from government overreach in the same breath.
They were completely silent when that government overreach was happening

That government overreach was happening to people who generally hate the 2nd amendment people.
Annnnnnd......... so......... what, exactly? Even if accurate (which it probably isn't) why does that merit a call out?'

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:05 pm

-the ACA does not do well to serve the "still not well off but too rich for obamacare" group, If you make over 400% of Federal Poverty Level (which is by no means a lot of money), you get no subsidy and have to pay the full premiums, which are not cheap
Literally everyone I know that has a negative view of the ACA falls into this group, and I can understand their frustration. I'm not really sure why this little band of income-level people had to have their premiums skyrocket. I get the politics of why it hasn't been fixed, but I'm cloudy on why it became a thing in the first place.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Forcing people to spend a substantial amount of money is governmental overreach. The car insurance rebuttal is flawed - you have the choice of just not driving. Whats the alternative for not having health insurance in that instance?
You can't opt-out of sickness.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:12 pm

A GOP member, specifically Graham, asking for someone else to show their tax returns is laughable.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:14 pm

I hope the Aca crashes and then atleast we can ditch the employer based model and move to single payer, like the rest of the civilized world.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 pm

The employer-based model is objectively stupid.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:46 pm

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:48 pm

It is one of those post-WWII policies that is no longer sustainable.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:15 pm

It is one of those post-WWII policies that is no longer sustainable.
That and higher education, things that a functional legislature would address.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:19 pm

Trump's replacement for Obamacare is on it's way:
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said Wednesday that Trump will release a long-promised health-care plan before the election, blaming repeated delays on efforts to craft something that can be accomplished largely without Congress.

Trump on multiple occasions has pledged to be on the verge of releasing a plan within weeks, only to let his self-imposed deadlines pass. During a town hall hosted by ABC News on Tuesday night, Trump told a voter that he has a comprehensive plan “ready to go,” prompting host George Stephanopoulos to note that Trump had not released one during his first 3½ years in office.

Asked about that Wednesday, Meadows told reporters that Trump was correct.

“It is all ready,” Meadows said. “We will be rolling it out before the election, sure. … He’s right, that it is ready.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/election ... 7EX33EAV2U

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Mmhmm