Video Games

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 am

Potentially bottlenecked at launch? That's not good.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Yea, unlike the PS5's digital version, I think the more that's coming out, is that this budget S isn't worth it for future proofing.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Anyone else playing PGA 2K21?

I was on the fence a couple weeks ago, but my dad bought it for himself and I played with him while post-vacation quarantining. It was a ton of fun so I bought it last night.

The best part so far (not into career mode yet) would have to be a tie between the scaling difficulty (the timing aspect is a steep learning curve) and the ability to play courses others have created. While the real-life course offerings are limited to TPC courses and East Lake, the community has carried over from The Golf Club and there is a wide variety of community-made, real PGA courses. Got to play a round at Harbour Town, Augusta (or a close approximation to it), Carnoustie, and Pebble Beach.

I'm excited to keep diving into this, as I haven't played a golf game since Tiger Woods 10.

PFiDC

Video Games

Postby PFiDC » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 pm

As was the case 20 years ago....**** the 2 minute time limit in Tony Hawk...

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:56 pm

Yea, unlike the PS5's digital version, I think the more that's coming out, is that this budget S isn't worth it for future proofing.
Right. If you don't have the extra cash now, you're better off holding out for a Series X price drop or until you can save up the difference.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Anyone else playing PGA 2K21?

I was on the fence a couple weeks ago, but my dad bought it for himself and I played with him while post-vacation quarantining. It was a ton of fun so I bought it last night.

The best part so far (not into career mode yet) would have to be a tie between the scaling difficulty (the timing aspect is a steep learning curve) and the ability to play courses others have created. While the real-life course offerings are limited to TPC courses and East Lake, the community has carried over from The Golf Club and there is a wide variety of community-made, real PGA courses. Got to play a round at Harbour Town, Augusta (or a close approximation to it), Carnoustie, and Pebble Beach.

I'm excited to keep diving into this, as I haven't played a golf game since Tiger Woods 10.
The best thing that Franchise did was break away from whoever EA was using and working with the Golf Club people. I may check it out here, as I've heard some good things about it.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Anyone pre-order mario physical copy and got a confirmation you ordered a digital version?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:33 pm

As was the case 20 years ago....**** the 2 minute time limit in Tony Hawk...
2 minutes is perfect for when you are playing with a few people and you can pass the controller around

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Anyone pre-order mario physical copy and got a confirmation you ordered a digital version?
Ordered physical. Confirmation is physical.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:30 am

Ordered physical. Confirmation is physical.
Damnit.

Troy Loney

Video Games

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 am

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:18 am

Not sure about these Nintendo, gotta do better

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am

Scat. Lol.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:44 pm

This is awesome. A couple other gems in the replies too.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

I thought that was going to be the Jack Black commercial.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:52 pm

Just started Act III of Ghost of Tsushima. This game, man. My last 4 hours or so of gameplay to close out Act II were about as good as any game I've ever played. I lucked out with how I chose to do some of the side stories, and they added even more drama/impact to the eventual main story close of Act II.

Yuriko story line, right into Yuna/Taka, right into retaking the castle and exile. And then...gutpunch with my horse Sora. Ugh

The story and pacing of this game are absolute perfection. You feel part of what's going on. The difficulty is just right. Even with a fully upgraded Jin the encounters with enemies still require attention.

I'm really looking forward to Act III, but I'm starting to get that 'I don't want this to end' feeling every time I jump in.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:55 pm

By the way, this is today. Wouldn't be surprised to see a price reveal.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm

Just started Act III of Ghost of Tsushima. This game, man. My last 4 hours or so of gameplay to close out Act II were about as good as any game I've ever played. I lucked out with how I chose to do some of the side stories, and they added even more drama/impact to the eventual main story close of Act II.

Yuriko story line, right into Yuna/Taka, right into retaking the castle and exile. And then...gutpunch with my horse Sora. Ugh

The story and pacing of this game are absolute perfection. You feel part of what's going on. The difficulty is just right. Even with a fully upgraded Jin the encounters with enemies still require attention.

I'm really looking forward to Act III, but I'm starting to get that 'I don't want this to end' feeling every time I jump in.
Agreed on the spoiler... that was rough.

This game is just phenomenal.

The one thing that drove me nuts difficulty wise is that standoffs grow progressively harder by act... they shrink the distance between Jin and the foe quite a bit, and by the end, it becomes hard to tell if they are going to bluff or strike.

I went from winning every standoff in act 1 to questioning if it was worth it in 3, but I guess that is also part of what makes the combat great - you always have to think about what you are doing... but it is never cheap in doing so.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:14 pm

Watching this Miles Morales gameplay reminds me why I get bored with single-player games really quickly. You're basically watching a movie with extra steps.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:20 pm

Agreed on the spoiler... that was rough.

This game is just phenomenal.

The one thing that drove me nuts difficulty wise is that standoffs grow progressively harder by act... they shrink the distance between Jin and the foe quite a bit, and by the end, it becomes hard to tell if they are going to bluff or strike.

I went from winning every standoff in act 1 to questioning if it was worth it in 3, but I guess that is also part of what makes the combat great - you always have to think about what you are doing... but it is never cheap in doing so.
Agreed on the standoffs. I'm probably at about 40% successful at this point. It's how they getcha though...the penalty for reacting first is so steep that it automatically puts you on your heels. Definitely not cheap, but a bit disappointing considering how satisfying those can be. I've also found that with the lessening of distance between Jin and his foe, it is inversely proportionate to my need to blink. :shock:

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:22 pm

Another thing on the PS5 showcase: watching the chat is hilarious. The console wars are apparently still very real to some people.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:46 pm

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 pm

If I have a library of xbox games built up, is there reason to switch over to PS? I think ps2 was the last time I had their system

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:20 pm

Price point works for me. Did they announce a release date?

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Nov 12