Pro Wrasslin' Thread

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:34 pm

The ThunderDome experiment won't last much longer. Between Summerslam & Raw, there was a sign reading "Asuka will rape Sasha, an image of Chris Jericho in a Klan robe (from J&SB Reboot), an image of Chris Benoit, and a video of a real execution. Wrestling fans are gross.
Yep.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:39 pm

The ThunderDome experiment won't last much longer. Between Summerslam & Raw, there was a sign reading "Asuka will rape Sasha, an image of Chris Jericho in a Klan robe (from J&SB Reboot), an image of Chris Benoit, and a video of a real execution. Wrestling fans are gross.
that was Jericho? I had it on in the background while I was running updates, glanced up and thought I saw a pic of the KKK. I waited for them to flash back to it and by the time they cut back to the main angle it was gone.

If they don't change it, you know they are gonna keep going to see how far they can push, although you can argue that a video of an execution is pretty damn far. And it's not like you can police it. From what I remember reading this morning, there are over 3000 LED monitors. Even if you hire 30 people to strictly monitor the online fans, that's still putting each person monitoring 100 fans. All one person needs is a second or two to flash something that is gross and their job is done. And since they more than likely can't control it, yeah, it will be gone relatively soon.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Source of the post that was Jericho? I had it on in the background while I was running updates, glanced up and thought I saw a pic of the KKK. I waited for them to flash back to it and by the time they cut back to the main angle it was gone.
Well, now there's a post on reddit saying it wasn't Jericho.

It's a shame that edge lord marks can't control themselves. WWE is actually doing something pretty cool here (even if the execution isn't quite right yet) and those few fans are doing all they can to ruin it.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Do people have to pay to be shown as a crowd member? Perhaps the WWE can actually charge people a hefty sum if they are found to be showing anything inappropriate.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:32 pm

Do people have to pay to be shown as a crowd member? Perhaps the WWE can actually charge people a hefty sum if they are found to be showing anything inappropriate.
https://www.wwethunderdome.com/register ... aw08242020

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:42 pm

Wade Barrett is coming back to NXT, but I'm afraid I've got some bad news: he's only coming back as a commentator and it might only be a one-off appearance.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:52 pm

20th anniversary of Summerslam 2000, one of my favorite PPVs of all time. This match was so good:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:40 pm

Jake Roberts is on AEW and he can barely walk.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:18 am

I can't decide if Jake looks good or awful. Which is a commentary on what a mess he was just a few years ago.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:12 pm

There's another PPV on right now. Summerslam was exactly one week ago and there's already another PPV.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:20 pm

There's another PPV on right now. Summerslam was exactly one week ago and there's already another PPV.
Saw somebody talking about a match and had no idea that they had another PPV tonight.

and based on what happened on Smackdown Friday, should I assume the Reigns heel turn is official?

If you're like me and didnt watch it,
they had a backstage clip of him shooting down a contract signing, saying "that's not a spoiler, that's a promise", with the camera panning over to show Paul Heyman sitting beside him.
which I thought all three of them were supposed to be in the match but only Wyatt and Strowman are in right now.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:43 pm

not surprised at the ending. I mean who did you think was going to win, but signing the contract mid-match is the equivalent of living in a house for two years and then deciding "yeah, I should probably sign those closing papers."

As much as it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not. Ok, maybe a little. Good for them for going against what I said earlier this week and turning a major character on the roster. But if they're worried about him getting gassed and not being able to work the whole match, then do the usual and have him take a chair or stair shot and leave him knocked out for most of the match.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:47 pm

Fiend needs to get his lawyers on this now

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:35 am

Leave it to WWE to finally turn Roman heel when there are no fans there to boo him.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:06 am

Leave it to WWE to finally turn Roman heel when there are no fans there to boo him.
:lol:

Yeah, lost opportunity.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:39 am

Keep your eye on Charles Robinson.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:43 am

Hahahaha. Holy overzealous ref bump.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:01 am

so is it now standard for the ring to collapse when one 300+ pounder suplexes another?

The fact that there's a video that shows 11 WWE ring collapses shows that this spot has been overdone.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:07 am

I love the ring collapse spot. I just wish it wasn't telegraphed now that they have to remove the LEDs from the ring posts.

I don't see it as an overused at all. First, it's not 11 times. That video is any time the ring is destroyed, not just the superplex spot. The superplex ring explosion spot has been done 4 times over 17 years. There are plenty of other spots in wrestling that happen 4 times over 1 show much less 17 years. I see it more as one of the few cases of in-ring continuity. If two people over a certain amount of weight perform a superplex, the ring explodes. It's to the point now where the anticipation builds as the superplex is setup. It's fun stuff.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:01 pm

Charles Robinson is 56!? Refereeing legend.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:11 pm

I love the ring collapse spot. I just wish it wasn't telegraphed now that they have to remove the LEDs from the ring posts.

I don't see it as an overused at all. First, it's not 11 times. That video is any time the ring is destroyed, not just the superplex spot. The superplex ring explosion spot has been done 4 times over 17 years. There are plenty of other spots in wrestling that happen 4 times over 1 show much less 17 years. I see it more as one of the few cases of in-ring continuity. If two people over a certain amount of weight perform a superplex, the ring explodes. It's to the point now where the anticipation builds as the superplex is setup. It's fun stuff.
Doesn't seem to be the use of it. It's the telegraphing it. People we're calling it our hours before the match because of the LED thing.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:33 pm

Doesn't seem to be the use of it. It's the telegraphing it. People we're calling it our hours before the match because of the LED thing.
Yeah, I know. They need to figure out a way to do that spot without changing the usual look of the ring.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 pm

Ok, I'll take the beating on that one. The way the title of that video looked, it sounded like there were 11 different spots that involved the ring collapsing. I wasn't going to watch every one.

I get your side of it and the point of ring continuity is a great point (continuity is something I knock WWE for constantly), but it still felt like you could see the spot coming as soon as both of them started climbing in the corner.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:20 pm

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/rumor-r ... k-revealed

Roman Reigns not giving up the vest any time soon. He was wearing one under his shirt last night.
"They have made a little change to his attire; however, he is still wearing the chest protector underneath. It's just with a little less padding. He has to wear that. This is not the case of him choosing to wear it; he has to wear that because of a medical condition that means he get hernias. He is wearing a belt specifically to prevent that. He wears that to protect the belt. He has to wear that. So anyone asking for a change of attire, please stop. You are risking his health by encouraging that."

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:40 pm

You are risking his health by encouraging that.
How commonly known was this medical issue, because this is the first time I'm hearing about it. So how are we as a group asking him to risk his health if we didn't know that? What a weird thing to say.