Pet Thread

tifosi77

Pet Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Our cat is the sweetest and most affectionate creature I've ever met. But if you try to get, say, medicinal drops into her ear, she turns into Murder Floof.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Our GSP will eat anything if you toss it to him.

Our Aussie - it doesn't matter what we do, we have to end up shoving it in her mouth and holding it shut. We've tried literally everything and there always ends up being a pill on the floor

Troy Loney

Pet Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:02 pm

Seeking some assurance regarding this situation.

Went to the dog park this afternoon with my two dogs, one's 4, the other 8 months. Only a handful of people at the park when I arrived, a bigger dog greeted them at the gate. When I let them in, the puppy just ran off to do her thing, but my older one and the greater were sniffing each other. My older can be a major alpha and be a jerk when a dog doesn't get the hint to move off. Which is him barking in the dogs face, which I discourage, so I could tell was brewing so I went and got him after an initial prolonged sniff when he began to stiffen. But he trotted off and the other dog kept nagging so then my dog screamed in his face, which then caused the big dog to spaz out, he jumped back against the bench and started crying and limping. I didn't notice that the big dog was a puppy. Mac (my dog) always puts the young dogs in their place, by basically doing that when they get in his face. So had I known I would have not let him go off. I thought the puppy broke its leg cause it looked weird to me. The owners were nice and we're of the mind that, "oh, they're just playing". But he seemed to walk off ok and they left. I initially felt like **** cause my dog is an dadhole, but after rehashing the events, I feel like, if you've got an 75+ pound puppy, you should be all over that situation, especially the initial greeting. I know I always shew my dogs away when they are hounding the entrance. Just a recipe for disaster.

shafnutz05

Pet Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:58 am

@Troy Loney You're fine. Our goldendoodle is 9 and she still sometimes harasses other dogs at the park to play with her. And she definitely gets told off too. You seem like a conscientious dog owner.

I was planning on taking her to the dog park with the nice day coming today, but she's suddenly limping like crazy :(. At this age, every symptom like that makes me nervous.

meow

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:40 am

Eh. Dog parks are like Battle Dome. As long as your dog isn’t straight up attacking other dogs, it kind of is what it is. 99% of situations like that need both owners to step up and get their dog.

“Hey. My bad. He’s a stupid puppy”
“Hey. My bad. My dog is an dadhole”

Troy Loney

Pet Thread

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:58 am

Yeah, that is basically what unfolded. Just makes me upset that my dog might have caused the other one to break it’s leg, and would not want to somehow get confronted with being told I’m obligated to pony up for the vet bill.

So really need to push that worry away.

NTP66

Pet Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Totally normal sleeping position.

Shyster

Pet Thread

Postby Shyster » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:11 pm

Totally normal sleeping position.

Same bed. Almost same cat.

NTP66

Pet Thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:46 pm

:lol:

Kane

Pet Thread

Postby Kane » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 am

Cats are weird.

Shyster

Pet Thread

Postby Shyster » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 pm

One of my cats barfed in the litter box. I wish I could train them to do that every time.

meow

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:16 pm

I have one dog that seeks out hardwood to puke on.

I have one dog that seeks out carpet to puke on.

Guess which dog has the sensitive stomach

tifosi77

Pet Thread

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:42 pm

Friends of ours said goodbye to their black Lab a month ago. Since then, they've rescued a pit mix and GSD mix puppy. They are adorable, and I love them already.

Kaiser

Pet Thread

Postby Kaiser » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:30 pm

I had a raspberry rudalach from a nearby bakery for breakfast this morning. Had it, didn't get to eat it though because my cat is a prehistoric land shark who ate and kept down 3/4 of it.

meow

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:32 pm

I have one dog that seeks out hardwood to puke on.

I have one dog that seeks out carpet to puke on.

Guess which dog has the sensitive stomach
Guess which dog threw up in the middle of the night

meow

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:36 pm

@NTP66 @Shyster @anyotheraquariumnerds

Any recommendations on adding new fish? I’ve had my tank up about 10 months and everything is going great. But, whenever I try add new fish, I lose like 90% of them. I’ve tried adding a few. I’ve tried adding like 20. I’ve tried quarantining before adding them. I’ve tried just chucking them in. I can’t seem to get better yields. It’s weird

PFiDC

Pet Thread

Postby PFiDC » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:12 pm

But stronger fish

#imofnohelp

NTP66

Pet Thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:36 pm

NTP66 @Shyster @anyotheraquariumnerds

Any recommendations on adding new fish? I’ve had my tank up about 10 months and everything is going great. But, whenever I try add new fish, I lose like 90% of them. I’ve tried adding a few. I’ve tried adding like 20. I’ve tried quarantining before adding them. I’ve tried just chucking them in. I can’t seem to get better yields. It’s weird
How quickly are they dying after adding to the tank? Are you checking your parameters before and after you add them? The first thing I’d look at is ammonia. I use Seachem Prime to control this, and would absolutely recommend having it on hand - it’s the best. It will quickly handle both ammonia and nitrite toxicity. When you add fish, are you slowing down feeding for the first few days? You should. If ammonia is already an issue, feeding them right away could exacerbate the issue. You have a 75g tank IIRC, and I’d still limit new additions to 5 at a time. It doesn’t sound like you’re doing anything crazy, so I’d start with the basics and look at your tank parameters first.

meow

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:41 pm

NTP66 @Shyster @anyotheraquariumnerds

How quickly are they dying after adding to the tank? Are you checking your parameters before and after you add them? The first thing I’d look at is ammonia. I use Seachem Prime to control this, and would absolutely recommend having it on hand - it’s the best. It will quickly handle both ammonia and nitrite toxicity. When you add fish, are you slowing down feeding for the first few days? You should. If ammonia is already an issue, feeding them right away could exacerbate the issue. You have a 75g tank IIRC, and I’d still limit new additions to 5 at a time. It doesn’t sound like you’re doing anything crazy, so I’d start with the basics and look at your tank parameters first.
They die either within 24 hours or before day like 5. Parameters are good in both the display tank and the quarantine tank. Both ammonia and nitrites are at 0. Plus the display tank has enough plants to handle a dead midget in there as far as waste goes.

I’m basically a seachem fanboy at this point. I use prime and their biomedia. I’m not crazy about their fertilizers, but everything else is great

NTP66

Pet Thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:47 pm

What kind of fish are you trying to add? I’ve never experienced that kind of consistent death except for the rainbows I attempted to add earlier this year (multiple times).

Shyster

Pet Thread

Postby Shyster » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:45 pm

That seems weird. I never had losses like that when adding fish. I just slowly acclimated them by floating the bags and slowing adding aquarium water to get them used to it.

Are the fish all from the same store? I'm wondering if there is some radically different water chemistry between the store's water and your own such that it's sending the fish into shock.

meow

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Hmm. Maybe I suck at this. I’ve tried a few different acclamation methods. Maybe I need to have a chat with my LFS owner.

robbiestoupe

Pet Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:39 am

Finally got on a PC to upload pics of the new kitty.

Pouncey is a good kitty. He loves to purr and play with his human brothers and parents. He even lets his big sister pull his ears.

dodint

Pet Thread

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:52 am

:thumb:

meow

Pet Thread

Postby meow » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:31 am

You live where the Celtics play? Awesome