Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:37 pm

I've pretty much checked out of all of professional wrestling at this point. I was at least watching some AEW and NXT, but now not even that. I don't know what the actual reason is, but all of it just does nothing for me at this point.
I'm with you. I haven't watched the TV shows in a long time. I did really enjoy the Last Ride doc, and I'll still pop on some old Superstars or Prime Time Wrestling when I go to bed. But, the new stuff? Nah, I'm good.

willeyeam

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:56 pm

I've pretty much checked out of all of professional wrestling at this point. I was at least watching some AEW and NXT, but now not even that. I don't know what the actual reason is, but all of it just does nothing for me at this point.
I'm with you. I haven't watched the TV shows in a long time. I did really enjoy the Last Ride doc, and I'll still pop on some old Superstars or Prime Time Wrestling when I go to bed. But, the new stuff? Nah, I'm good.
May I interest you guys in some actual professional wrestling Sunday night? I know a guy on the card ;)

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:09 pm

Yep that's where I'm at too. Need to watch that Last Ride doc.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:14 pm

May I interest you guys in some actual professional wrestling Sunday night? I know a guy on the card ;)

Why are they all dressed like Rick Steiner?

Ad@m

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Ad@m » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:52 pm

It’s NCAA wrestlers

Jason Nolf - PSU
Jordan Oliver - OK ST
Luke Pletcher - OSU

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:56 pm

Was joke. I know about amateur wrestling.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:12 pm

Reports are that the positive cases in WWE is now over 30 people. And they’re still planning on taping shows this weekend.
Gotta keep that streak of being the weekly longest running episodic... blah blah, whatever it is... going.
I can't tell you the last time I watched NXT. I was getting into AEW, but curling started up again and I lost my Wednesday nights. So I DVR'ed two weeks worth with the intention of going back and watching it the next day. Never even bothered. If I'm home on a Monday, I was leaving it on in the background while checking twitter. It actually got to the point where the robotic commentary bothered me so much that I turned it off.

I'm with Nocera, that if there's old Prime Time or old PPV's (pre-2000) being aired, yeah count me in. But new stuff? Nah.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 pm

So apparently velveteen dream is potentially getting released because he’s a pedophilic groomer.

What a waste of talent.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:20 pm

mathematicians are still trying to solve Scott's equation to this day......

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:37 pm

So Charlotte's disappearance is because of a leaking implant.
“My air conditioning is broken, and we have a little free time. These tweets may be spaced out a bit, but we’re going to talk time off, plastic surgery and boobs.The entire world having an opinion on the topic bothers me more than I care to let on, so we are going to discuss it. Picture it. Charlotte, North Carolina, 2018. A young queen, shortly after a career defining WrestleMania victory, finds herself sicker than sick at her brother’s house.

“A trip to the doctor tells us the likely culprit is silicone poisoning, and that my implant had been leaking for quite some time. It was one of the worse cases the doctor had seen. At that time, I had a few options to fix the issue. Each option had a specific recovery time. I love this job more than anything, so I picked the option that allowed me to return the soonest. That was the choice I made. Fast forward to a few months ago. Something felt off, so I went back to the doctor. Same issue again.
https://nypost.com/2020/07/13/boob-job- ... ppearance/

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:19 am

The official poster for Bayley v. Nikki Cross at Extreme Rules is incredibly bad.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:23 am

it's not even cheesy bad. It's just really bad.

And what the hell is "The Horror Show at Extreme Rules"? Is this their way of trying to rebrand it without completely changing the name? I haven't even had it on in the background for almost a month, so I have no idea what is going on as far as a buildup for any match.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:25 am

I'm thinking they're going to do a few of those overly produced matches like the Funhouse and Boneyard match.

Re: that poster. It's like they laid off their only graphic designer and Stephanie was like "I know Microsoft Paint."

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:32 am

I've come around on those matches, but not completely.

If it's a one-off match at a big event where it puts the story to rest, I get it. The AJ vs Taker match ended up being decent. The one that they did with the men and women where they raced up the performance center had some good parts to it. But I just don't want these being the new standard where it feels more like you're watching a movie vs an actual match.

And yes, that description about the poster is exactly what I was looking for. It looks like there was some awful editing taking place, and saying that Steph knows Paint almost seems believable.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 am

it's not even cheesy bad. It's just really bad.

And what the hell is "The Horror Show at Extreme Rules"? Is this their way of trying to rebrand it without completely changing the name? I haven't even had it on in the background for almost a month, so I have no idea what is going on as far as a buildup for any match.
I actually watched the majority of RAW this week because there was absolutely nothing else on and I wanted to try to fall asleep early. Also had a little hot leaf Monday night so thats about the only explanation that I was able to sit thru it more than 20 or 30 minutes.

Would you like to take a guess how many times they're made to say "at The Horror Show at Exteme Rules?" Over..and over...and over...and over. I heard on a podcast the show last week they had not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 separate segments with the Big Show.

Randy Orton's been awesome tho this whole year.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:49 am

I've come around on those matches, but not completely.

If it's a one-off match at a big event where it puts the story to rest, I get it. The AJ vs Taker match ended up being decent. The one that they did with the men and women where they raced up the performance center had some good parts to it. But I just don't want these being the new standard where it feels more like you're watching a movie vs an actual match.

And yes, that description about the poster is exactly what I was looking for. It looks like there was some awful editing taking place, and saying that Steph knows Paint almost seems believable.
If the setting is unique, I like the theatrical matches. If it's just the performance center (like the MITB match and Edge/Orton), I find them incredibly boring. The problem is that these matches end up being kick/punch fests, and if these is a big spot, it doesn't feel exciting because you know it's been overly produced. Not very exciting matches.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:14 pm

If the setting is unique, I like the theatrical matches. If it's just the performance center (like the MITB match and Edge/Orton), I find them incredibly boring. The problem is that these matches end up being kick/punch fests, and if these is a big spot, it doesn't feel exciting because you know it's been overly produced. Not very exciting matches.
The Edge/Orton match in that setting added nothing to it. I liked the concept of racing through the WWE HQ, but throwing people over the side of the building was dumb even by WWE standards.

Did I miss something over the last few weeks or why is everybody on twitter yelling about Naomi being treated like a jobber? Without looking, didn't she hold the women's title twice or maybe even three times?

And if you were to ask me to name not even three but one match that would define her career, I don't know if I can do it. I mean she's not a bad wrestler, but there's nothing - not a specific spot, not even so much as a promo - where I'm thinking "oh yeah, that was Naomi." And while some of that can be blamed for WWE having favorites, there has to be some point where you are responsible for how you do your promos and perform your matches.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:17 pm

I want to be a kid again...

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:25 pm

so remember everything I said about me coming around on these cinematic matches? disregard that. This sht might be cornier than the concept of an eye for an eye match.

This is like a failed B movie except that I might actually enjoy the failed B movie a little more.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:36 pm

holy **** that was terrible.

King Colby

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby King Colby » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:01 pm

holy **** that was terrible.
The John Cena one was cool, that one was really stupid

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:58 am

Yeah that was bad. But I have to say, this was worse.

King Colby

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby King Colby » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:44 am

So much worse

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:31 am

Yea, I see why cinematic matches are used now, but they just don't beat a live event. Last night's entire PPV sounded like it was a bad one, save for the finish of the Cesaro match.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:37 am

Yea, I see why cinematic matches are used now, but they just don't beat a live event. Last night's entire PPV sounded like it was a bad one, save for the finish of the Cesaro match.
I thought the match quality was pretty good (except the swamp match), even the eye for an eye match. The finishes and post-match segments were weird as hell, though. Asuka/Sasha was great until the totally overbooked nonsense. Rollins/Rey was decent until Seth literally popped Rey's eye out of its socket with the ring stairs. McIntyre/Ziggler was awesome, especially the finishing sequence, but McIntyre just isn't connecting with me as champ. His matches never have that big match feel.