Colossal TV Show thread

Jim

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Jim » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:15 am

Got through 15 minutes of Dark. I was surprised that it was only 15 minutes because I was so bored that I thought I had been staring at an unplugged tv for 3 days.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:25 am

There was sex in the first 15 minutes iirc, so I don't believe you.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:32 am

I'm through 6 episodes of Dark and my brain hurts in a good way, I can't wait to see what's happening, been calling the shots pretty well so far, but need a family guide in front of me to remember who is who.
I don't want to know, but I swear by the end of this, they will have found a way to make this whole town based on 2 people going back through.

Jim

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Jim » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:40 am

There was sex in the first 15 minutes iirc, so I don't believe you.
That was a little surprising, but I am not a proponent of unnecessary nudity in tv/film. Plus, this is 2020, not 1950.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:30 am

I'm through 6 episodes of Dark and my brain hurts in a good way, I can't wait to see what's happening, been calling the shots pretty well so far, but need a family guide in front of me to remember who is who.
I don't want to know, but I swear by the end of this, they will have found a way to make this whole town based on 2 people going back through.
I just finished season 1 yesterday. Half of the episodes have major plot twists, some of them causing me to say WTF? out loud. Gonna start season 2 later today.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:40 am

Glee, which was terrible, is definitely cursed.
A Southern California lake will be closed while they search its waters for “Glee” star Naya Rivera, authorities said Thursday.

The Ventura County Sheriff’s Department late Wednesday confirmed that Rivera, 33, is the person missing in the waters of Lake Piru, which is approximately 55 miles (90 kilometers) northwest of Los Angeles. The department said Thursday that divers from other agencies in the region will join the search.

Helicopters and drones will also join the search, as they did on Wednesday, and authorities are checking the lake’s 12-mile (19 kilometer) shoreline.

KNBC reported late Wednesday that Rivera rented a pontoon boat at the Lake Piru reservoir and that her young son was found on the boat wearing a life vest. Rivera’s identification was found on the boat. Sheriff’s officials launched a boat and helicopter search but that was suspended by nighttime.

“We’re going on the belief that she did go in the water and we have not been able to locate her. So this may well be a case of drowning,” Captain Eric Buschow said at a news conference.
https://apnews.com/6cffc8d5791fd9cde45d4006213521d3

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:46 am

Source of the post KNBC reported late Wednesday that Rivera rented a pontoon boat at the Lake Piru reservoir and that her young son was found on the boat wearing a life vest.
How awful.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:46 pm

Glee, which was terrible, is definitely cursed.
A Southern California lake will be closed while they search its waters for “Glee” star Naya Rivera, authorities said Thursday.

The Ventura County Sheriff’s Department late Wednesday confirmed that Rivera, 33, is the person missing in the waters of Lake Piru, which is approximately 55 miles (90 kilometers) northwest of Los Angeles. The department said Thursday that divers from other agencies in the region will join the search.

Helicopters and drones will also join the search, as they did on Wednesday, and authorities are checking the lake’s 12-mile (19 kilometer) shoreline.

KNBC reported late Wednesday that Rivera rented a pontoon boat at the Lake Piru reservoir and that her young son was found on the boat wearing a life vest. Rivera’s identification was found on the boat. Sheriff’s officials launched a boat and helicopter search but that was suspended by nighttime.

“We’re going on the belief that she did go in the water and we have not been able to locate her. So this may well be a case of drowning,” Captain Eric Buschow said at a news conference.
https://apnews.com/6cffc8d5791fd9cde45d4006213521d3
Wasn't she arrested for beating her husband a few years ago on video? That whole cast seems insufferable.

Of course, I googled Naya Rivera and the first result was this.

https://pagesix.com/2020/07/09/glee-sta ... ng-search/

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:19 am

Through 8 episodes of Dark. Man, the outline they must have used for this show has to be impressive. Love the music to the show, the way it beats individualy from each speaker in my setup is really trippy. Kids said they couldn't fall asleep upstairs because they were creeped out from what they heard downstairs.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:20 am

:D

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:24 am

Season 2’s subs are a little weird. Every few minutes you’ll see “[ominous music]” or something similar, lol.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:55 am

Anybody watch Dead to Me? That was the fiance's last pick. It took me a few episodes to get into it but I ended up really enjoying it. I believe there's one last season to go. Linda Cardellini is great. Loved her in Freaks and Geeks so it was fun to see her in an adult role. I know she's been in a ton of stuff following F&G including a long stint on ER but those things never crossed my path.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 am

Anybody watch Dead to Me? That was the fiance's last pick. It took me a few episodes to get into it but I ended up really enjoying it. I believe there's one last season to go. Linda Cardellini is great. Loved her in Freaks and Geeks so it was fun to see her in an adult role. I know she's been in a ton of stuff following F&G including a long stint on ER but those things never crossed my path.
I’ve enjoyed both seasons. Cardellini and Applegate are both great.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:13 pm

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Bring back Ben McKenzie for James Gordon.

mamaemeritus

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Dead to Me is awesome - even if S2 lost a little of the magic of S1.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:32 pm

Bring back Ben McKenzie for James Gordon.
I was a big fan of Ryan Atwood as James Gordon, but this universe already has Jeffrey Wright.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:27 pm

Season 2 of Bosch is fairly lame tbh.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:19 pm

“There has been chatter about either FX or Hulu for the Punisher to hunt and kill criminals, free from censorship. Regardless of which of the two he ends up, details have begun to emerge on where his future stands,” Sutton says.
“Marvel Studios intends to bring back Bernthal; however, it doesn’t mean the new series will follow the continuity of the Netflix program especially when the multiverse can now explain it away. Or it can they will simply not refer to it [They]would like other adult-oriented heroes to guest including Daredevil and Samuel L. Jackson in his foul-mouthed Fury, [and] the show could be called Punisher War Journal, just as the ’80s comic book.”
a) I would absolutely love this
b) Charlie Cox deserves another round of Daredevil
c) see a and b

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:36 pm

Please yes and please give me some Punisher: Born influence.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:55 am

Hanna season two was really good, other than the usual Stormtrooper marksmen enemies and selective bad marksmanship from Hanna herself. :lol:

Really a step up from the first season. Mireille Enos is a badass - evidently she does her own stunts, is a high level taekwondo master(?), and is an expert in firearms. Take the girl out of Texas....

pens9192

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:10 pm

The Peacock (horrible name, BTW) streaming service launched today. There is three tiers: Free (ads and limited content), Premium (everything but with ads), Premium Plus (everything and no ads). I checked it out and looks decent, seems to be a good bit available for the Free tier. There is an Office channel so you can pop right into the middle of an Office episode all day long, which is awesome. Comcast and Cox subs get Premium tier included for free ($5 a month value whoo).

However, I went to put the The Office channel on in the background on my Macbook while I worked and was greeted with a nice error: "Sorry, your video configuration is not compatible with Peacock. Try disconnecting an external monitor." Uh...wut? I can't watch this on my HDMI connected monitor?? Other people are getting this same message on Reddit so this is supposed to happen.

So this garbage plus no Roku channel or Amazon Fire app too? F*** you Comcast/NBCU

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:15 pm

The Peacock (horrible name, BTW) streaming service launched today. There is three tiers: Free (ads and limited content), Premium (everything but with ads), Premium Plus (everything and no ads). I checked it out and looks decent, seems to be a good bit available for the Free tier. There is an Office channel so you can pop right into the middle of an Office episode all day long, which is awesome. Comcast and Cox subs get Premium tier included for free ($5 a month value whoo).

However, I went to put the The Office channel on in the background on my Macbook while I worked and was greeted with a nice error: "Sorry, your video configuration is not compatible with Peacock. Try disconnecting an external monitor." Uh...wut? I can't watch this on my HDMI connected monitor?? Other people are getting this same message on Reddit so this is supposed to happen.

So this garbage plus no Roku channel or Amazon Fire app too? F*** you Comcast/NBCU
Are those full episodes of The Office? I thought that was Netflix exclusive until 2021. Also, I can't find it when using the search in Peacock.

Do you know a site that breaks down the content by tier? I want to see if it's worth the $5. There is a surprising amount of content available on the free tier.
*edit* found: https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/p ... 234706007/
Looks like there's nothing to bring me over to the premium service at the moment. Except maybe Law & Order. That's not available anywhere else.

Re: Roku/Amazon Fire. HBO Max has the same issue. I wonder what Roku and Amazon are demanding from these streaming services that's driving them away.

pens9192

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Looks like its just Office Shorts. I could've worn when I looked at the Channel name overnight it just said "The Office" but now says "The Office Shorts"

yeah its on Netflix until the end of this year and then moves to Peacock. But then Seinfeld moves to Netflix, so less of a sting.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:10 pm

I added the Peacock app to my Vizio TV solely so that I can watch the second Psych movie tonight. It will be the last time I use it until the next Psych movie.