Video Games

meecrofilm

Video Games

Postby meecrofilm » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Impressive work! BP runs are so much fun - really does let you pack a punch. Always love the Fire Drive badge, too.
Nice, yeah, that one's always fun. :thumb:

I just double-checked, and I did get every tattle this time + every badge (just had to buy the last one). I used Merluvlee to get the last several star pieces. So, woo-hoo!

Honestly, I appreciate the game even more after this playthrough (last time I played it was right when it came out). They did such a great job with the characters and the world. Plus you get to play the game after you've beaten the final boss, which I LOVE, and is always my hope for every game I play.

I bailed on the series after Super Paper Mario -- or I should say, during. But the Mario & Luigi handheld games were fun. Superstar Saga is one of the funniest games ever. Hopefully this next one is a return to form.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:45 am

Awesome! Pro-tip if you didn't already know (I found this out myself by accident once) but if you miss a tattle on a one-time enemy encounter, you can actually find the tattle in Frankly's trash can. Came in handy once when I missed Gloomtail.

I think I did get all the Star Pieces once. I remember going around every level ground pounding for what seemed like ages. Never even attempted to get all the recipes, though. Playing after the story ends is definitely where it's at in a video game. Even if it is just busy work that's left.

I, too, bailed after a couple chapters of Super Paper Mario. My wife has been playing the other once since, but I passed on them. I'll have to check out Superstar Saga, though. I think I missed that one.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:14 am

I think I did get all the Star Pieces once. I remember going around every level ground pounding for what seemed like ages. Never even attempted to get all the recipes, though. Playing after the story ends is definitely where it's at in a video game. Even if it is just busy work that's left.
This is my favorite part of some games. I love just going around freely and trying to find/complete all the side stuff. Games like the Lego games, etc where I do that is fun.

I've never played paper mario although I own it in my collection for the N64. May have to fire that up.

Kane

Video Games

Postby Kane » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:22 am

This is my favorite part of some games. I love just going around freely and trying to find/complete all the side stuff. Games like the Lego games, etc where I do that is fun.

I've never played paper mario although I own it in my collection for the N64. May have to fire that up.
Dude. Dude. You really need to play it. So much fun.

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:15 am

I'll fire that badboy up as soon as I wrap up Luigi's Mansion 3. Almost done with that.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:26 am

I'll fire that badboy up as soon as I wrap up Luigi's Mansion 3. Almost done with that.
I've got 3 floors left, took a break from playing. How do you like it?

NAN

Video Games

Postby NAN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:32 am

I've got 3 floors left, took a break from playing. How do you like it?
I like it a lot. It does get a little repetitive, but I've found all of the gems, boos, and ghost, as well as obtained a vast majority of the accomplishments. I'm actually on King Boo, just have to go in and fight him.

I've been playing the scarescaper multiplayer game as well to reach those accomplishments as well as get the rare ghost (have to play the 10 floor game, they are on the 5th floor.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:07 pm

I now have the Switch and Wii hooked up to our TV in the living room. It has been so much fun playing Switch with my six year old.

I've been playing through Super Mario Deluxe, and that has almost brought me back to the glory days of SM3 and SMW. Just a ton of fun to play and a lot of content.

meecrofilm

Video Games

Postby meecrofilm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Awesome! Pro-tip if you didn't already know (I found this out myself by accident once) but if you miss a tattle on a one-time enemy encounter, you can actually find the tattle in Frankly's trash can. Came in handy once when I missed Gloomtail.

I, too, bailed after a couple chapters of Super Paper Mario. My wife has been playing the other once since, but I passed on them. I'll have to check out Superstar Saga, though. I think I missed that one.
I definitely did NOT know that, so thanks for the heads up! Funnily enough I was just finishing paying for all the Wonky info tips, and he mentioned stuff being in Frankly's trash can sometimes, and I went and checked after, and nothing was there. Having all of the tattles already, that explains why.

And that sounds bruuutal re: the star pieces. I'd never really utilized the fortune teller before, but for 5 coins a pop it was more than worth it (plus I'd already beaten the game, so it didn't feel like cheating).

Yeah, I completely forgot about the Lady Bow easter egg in Poshley Heights after you've beaten the game, so that was a fun surprise. Now that I have completed everything there is to do in the game (again excluding recipes, ain't nobody got time for that), it's a little tough to walk away. Ah well. It's always a little bittersweet when you've come to the absolute end of a good game, especially one that has such endearing characters.
Nice! Definitely let us know what you think. One nice thing about it is the art design is great, so even though it's an N64 game from 20 years ago, it should still be visually palatable. I was never a huge RPG guy, but that game (and the sequel even moreso) does a great job at bridging the gap.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:18 pm

Holy crap, Ghosts of Tsushima is out in 5 days. Came out of nowhere.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:32 am

Available (beta?) August 18th. Minimum specs don't look horrendous, either.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:05 am

FINALLY!!!

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:06 am

Oh **** and straight to Game Pass too? I hope this controls okay on console.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:08 am

Wait a second, is this only going to be available for Xbox Live?!

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:12 am

Wait a second, is this only going to be available for Xbox Live?!
The end screen says Windows 10 & Xbox

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:15 am

The FAQ on the flight simulator website does mention it'll be available for Xbox, but how much do you want to bet that they make the minimum requirement the new Series X? I bought this Xbox One X specifically for this game.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 am

The FAQ on the flight simulator website does mention it'll be available for Xbox, but how much do you want to bet that they make the minimum requirement the new Series X? I bought this Xbox One X specifically for this game.
Oh sorry, I see what you're saying. You should be able to buy it without needing Xbox Live or Game Pass. Also, it'll likely be enhanced for Series X but available for Xbox One.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 am

Also, that list of airports is sorry as ****. They promised much more than that.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:05 pm

Also, that list of airports is sorry as ****. They promised much more than that.
I remember articles from earlier this year that it would have something like 37,000 airports...what is the new number?

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:10 pm

I remember articles from earlier this year that it would have something like 37,000 airports...what is the new number?

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:58 pm

So, pretty close.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:03 pm

Holy crap, Ghosts of Tsushima is out in 5 days. Came out of nowhere.
I am sort of regarding this as Assassins Creed: Feudal Japan, which is the game I've most wanted to play for over ten years.

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Also, wrt MS Flight Simulator I'm sure (?) the 40 airports available at launch will expand out in short order. The idea was they'd model every single airport in the world, and the most recent edition of the sim already has over 20,000 fields.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:17 pm

DLC. Gain access to all airports for an additional $1.99/airport!

tifosi77

Video Games

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:31 pm

Giancarlo Esposito as the Big Bad.

Sign. Me. The f**k. Up.