You know what really grinds my gears...

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:35 am

I forget what i was going to complain about. But i was annoyed last night (despite it being among the longest days of the year)

so bah humbug

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:27 pm

The braindead morons that live down the road from me let their dog run loose almost constantly. They've had a previous dog hit and killed but it hasn't made them wise up. Their son recently bought a semi-automatic rifle and blasts into the woods at dusk, emptying the magazine. Now they're setting off fireworks at 10:25 on a weekday. Almost all of my neighbors are good people but we have two absolute dumpster fires in the neighborhood who manage to spoil it.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Put out some antifreeze for the kid to drink...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:45 pm

The braindead morons that live down the road from me let their dog run loose almost constantly. They've had a previous dog hit and killed but it hasn't made them wise up. Their son recently bought a semi-automatic rifle and blasts into the woods at dusk, emptying the magazine. Now they're setting off fireworks at 10:25 on a weekday. Almost all of my neighbors are good people but we have two absolute dumpster fires in the neighborhood who manage to spoil it.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:01 pm

😂

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:26 am

Put out some antifreeze for the kid to drink...

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:13 am

Heh. I can't even fault the kid (although he's over 18 now). The parents are absolute morons. We live along a relatively busy road. Their previous dog roamed the neighborhood almost constantly until it was hit and killed. Before that, several neighbors would call them and tell them their dog was loose again. The typical response was either, "He is?" or "He'll come home when he gets bored."

Fireworks went off at 9, 10:30, and 12 last night. It was especially nice how he waited just long enough in between each round for my dogs to calm down before recommencing and freaking them out all over again.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 pm

Mrs Tif was on a conference call earlier today, and asked me to refill her water bottle. I got up and started walking to pick up the bottle, and dragged/smashed my right foot into the corner of our kitchen island. My right pinky toe is now canted, quite uncomfortably, at about a 15° angle out of line from where it should be. Sweet.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm

Mrs Tif was on a conference call earlier today, and asked me to refill her water bottle. I got up and started walking to pick up the bottle, and dragged/smashed my right foot into the corner of our kitchen island. My right pinky toe is now canted, quite uncomfortably, at about a 15° angle out of line from where it should be. Sweet.
My 4 year old did something similar, albeit running at full speed. Split the skin between the pinky toe and ring(?) toe badly. Pediatrician told us to super glue it, but man was it ugly.

Damaging toes sucks. Nothing you can do but sit around and wait for it to heal most of the time.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 pm

These last 2 posts can **** off... <Shudder>

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 pm

It's actually noticeable even though I'm wearing socks. I tried taping the pinky toe to the ring toe for stability, but all it did was pull the ring toe out of line instead of realigning the pinky toe. lol

In kind of a shafenfreude bit of funny, Mrs Tif has had bunion surgery delayed indefinitely because of COVID restrictions. So we're both now running around (figuratively, obvi) with janky feet. Woohoo.

I superglued my eyebrow back to my face in college after an unfortunate misunderstanding during a game of puck keep-away. It was possibly the single most painful thing I have ever endured in my life. Your kid is a trooper, robbie.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:26 pm

Kids are so resilient, it's not even funny. Not only did the glue fail, he was running around the next day. I'd be in crutches, maybe a wheelchair.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:46 pm

you might consider one of these:

I've used them when I had broken toes and it made walking SO much better.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:11 pm

I also recommend not kicking the kitchen island.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 am

I have taken into advisement the various bits of advice offered here, and i have landed on "not kicking the kitchen island" as probably the most useful recommendation going forward.

:thumb:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:10 am

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:10 am

overgrown baseball fields make me sad. especially ones i used to play on

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 pm

anyone that says “new normal”

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 pm

Even in these unprecedented times?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:23 pm

Hey, we’re all in this together, in a new normal, out of an abundance of caution.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:40 pm

overgrown baseball fields make me sad. especially ones i used to play on
I grew up in a neighborhood with about- 90 split level and two story homes built in the 70s. The neighborhood roads were built in an oval shape. Inside the oval, there was a patch of triangular shaped land that was about 360 feet long and about 157 feet wide at the base of the triangle. I think it was owned by the We lived on the outside of the oval, but my dad used to cut the grass in the greenway, and my dad and i would cut through a neighbors yard to take batting practice when i was a younger marsupial. I would also shag flies there as well. I got old enough that it just wasn’t safe to hit there anymore (i.e. i starting hitting peoples fences and ****, plus my dad was getting in danger without an L screen). After we stopped using it for B.P., my friends and i used it to ride bikes and we even set up a halfway decent jump. In the winter there was enough of a hill for good sled riding.

Anyways, once i got older and stopped using it for baseball, my dad stopped mowing the grass. By the time i left for college, it was overgrown with weeds. Fast forward nearly two decades later, i dont think anyone has tried to use it for anything. It’s a real shame because the whole neighborhood used it for tag or kickball or bikes or war games or football or kill the man with the ball or whatever. But hey i hear Minecraft is fun too

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:04 pm

That just made me super sad. It sounds as if ktk grew up in a similar neighborhood as mine, with a group always playing pickup baseball, football, hoops, capture the flag, release, whatever.. I hate to be the "kids these days" guy, but man we had a blast. Those were the days

Most of the baseball games took place in my backyard with a wood bat and tennis ball. We had the Big Mac bat for a year or two as well. We played towards my house with the deck being the fence in center field. It lasted til about 12 and then the house was in real danger

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 pm

I went back to the baseball field in my neighborhood in Quincy, MA a few years ago. They turned it into a dog park, then neglected it further.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:14 am

My best friend lived in a cul-de-sac, so it was perfect for baseball, though we mainly played hockey. From late middle school on, we'd play roller hockey behind the local mall, and always had enough people for at least 4 on 4 with 2 goalies (usually some dads). That lasted nearly throughout all of high school. I certainly miss it.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:35 am

A friend I follow on Instagram is an accountant and she posts a bunch of accountant memes like this:

Grinds my gears.