Job and General Employment Thread

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:59 pm

He made himself the bad guy, and I don't think you should think of yourself as the bad guy.

If the requirements we're discussed, and he acknowledged, said person dug their own grave.
Totally agree. But in my experience as a female manager (and believe me, I am NOT one to play the gender card) - any time you have to reprimand someone, you're looked at as a complete [female dog]. Regardless of whether your reprimand is justified.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 pm

What do they say when you drown subordinates in a men's room at a minor league baseball game (or whatever I suggested)...?

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:53 pm

A company recruiter reached out to me about a promising job, the location listed was in Wisconsin. As usual, my first question is if it is full remote or remote possible. Her response, "While we’re grateful that everyone is able to work safely from home right now, it has really shown us how much we miss being in the office together. We believe that collaboration, teamwork, and mentorship are all truly elevated when sharing a physical space. As a small company, in order to get some of the best and brightest, we did hire a handful of fully remote individuals. As we continue to grow, our priority is to have folks work out of the physical office"

Ugh :roll: :roll: f'n Wisconsin? That's a big no from me, dawg. I bet if you asked the majority of those workers off the record they don't "miss being in the office together" I. have never met anyone like that once working remote for any span of time. And you initially hired full remote to get the "best and brightest" but now not full remote so you don't want the best and brightest then? ok..

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:57 pm

I really like Madison and have heard really good things from multiple people in Milwaukee...I would move to either of those places...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:59 pm

Madison is basically just college and Epic. I had a good time when I was there for training many years ago. And the cheese curds... hellz yeah.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Wisconsin is a pretty great place to live, actually. I regret having only spent two years there. Beautiful country, decent but quietly reserved people. Madison is a nice small city, lots of hockey rinks. Progressive attitude and politics there. The rest of the state is more conservative.

Milwaukee is a city.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:02 pm

I really like Madison and have heard really good things from multiple people in Milwaukee...I would move to either of those places...
They serve beer on campus (or at least they did 30 years ago when I was there).

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 pm

I've heard Madison is a good time

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Cheese and beer. What's not to like?

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Obesity, accents...

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:34 pm

What you do is go to the bank...you get about $200 worth of $10 bills. You get some tape. Just tape a string of $10 bills to each side of this guy's blazer...just the corners, just enough to get them to stick...

Then, you take him to a place where there won't be any people wearing masks...Hobby Lobby, NRA meeting, NASCAR race, whatever...

You introduce him to everyone there. Everyone. They'll get real close to get those tens...

While he's mingling, you go to the bathroom, you go to the sink, you plug up the drain and put the water on. When he comes in to use the bathroom, you gather up all that pent up anger and you drown him. Hand on the back of the head, till the bubbles stop. You take any tens that are left on him and you walk away...

I think this is an obvious solution, but it's worth saying anyhow...
Give this man a promotion.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Have to have a gd meeting with new junior mint in 25 mins. Regarding the deadline that he missed - telling me he was going to miss it an hour before turn-in time. After he had been told multiple times:

> when said deadline was
> he had to do whatever it took to meet said deadline (aka OVERTIME)
> had to communicate clearly about progress

When I asked him the status today, he acted like he didn't know when the deadline was, and when asked why it was missed (after a blank look) replied "I just didn't have time to get to it." Dude has worked zero overtime since he got here. Not two days ago I inquired again about ability to meet deadline - was told it would happen.

F-ing people are the f-ing worst. I f-ing hate being a manager. Now I have to be the f-ing bad guy.

Trying to think to myself WWMD? (What would @mikey do?)

F.
Yep. Just had to give The first wave of furlough notices to people on a Friday evening. Only two cried, so there’s that.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:38 pm

Yep. Just had to give The first wave of furlough notices to people on a Friday evening. Only two cried, so there’s that.

:(

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:48 pm

A company recruiter reached out to me about a promising job, the location listed was in Wisconsin. As usual, my first question is if it is full remote or remote possible. Her response, "While we’re grateful that everyone is able to work safely from home right now, it has really shown us how much we miss being in the office together. We believe that collaboration, teamwork, and mentorship are all truly elevated when sharing a physical space. As a small company, in order to get some of the best and brightest, we did hire a handful of fully remote individuals. As we continue to grow, our priority is to have folks work out of the physical office"

Ugh :roll: :roll: f'n Wisconsin? That's a big no from me, dawg. I bet if you asked the majority of those workers off the record they don't "miss being in the office together" I. have never met anyone like that once working remote for any span of time. And you initially hired full remote to get the "best and brightest" but now not full remote so you don't want the best and brightest then? ok..
That recruiter is lame. I'm a corporate Talent Acquisition Manager and if I ever got asked that question, I would answer it with a simple no without all of the superfluous bullsht.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:02 pm

our state government finally passed our FY21 budget last night. FY21 starts on Wednesday. much to my surprise, no furloughs for me and my fellow state employees.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:50 pm

our state government finally passed our FY21 budget last night. FY21 starts on Wednesday. much to my surprise, no furloughs for me and my fellow state employees.
Lucky you!

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 pm

That recruiter is lame. I'm a corporate Talent Acquisition Manager and if I ever got asked that question, I would answer it with a simple no without all of the superfluous bullsht.
Yeah, how anyone wouldn’t realize within their first couple months recruiting that a transparent, short but sweet answer is usually best. Then if needed I can clarify further with more detail if there is any. Some bullshit fluff makes you seem shady IMO.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:33 pm

I haven't put on a pair of pants in months, and I have no intention of changing that.
I haven't worn socks since April. Flip flop summer baby

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:17 am

I haven't put on a pair of pants in months, and I have no intention of changing that.
I must be the only person in here that doesn't enjoy wearing those every day. We do a lot of walking with the kids around the neighborhood and I don't like doing a lot of walking with flip flops and no support.

Pretty much the only week I wear them with any regularity is when I'm at the beach.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:19 am

I must be the only person in here that doesn't enjoy wearing those every day. We do a lot of walking with the kids around the neighborhood and I don't like doing a lot of walking with flip flops and no support.

Pretty much the only week I wear them with any regularity is when I'm at the beach.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:06 am

I'm on team shad here. I dislike wearing sandals in general.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:27 am

I have a pair of Toms and a pair of Sperrys. No socks unless I'm golfing or coaching really. Love it

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:23 am

I hate flip flops. there's something about that plastic piece between my toes that drives me nuts. I do have a pair of Birkenstocks that I wear in the Summer (never with socks. I refuse to be that stereotype) and I have a pair of "Summer Skates" sandals that I keep by the front door when I just need to grab something quick.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:15 pm

You’re all muppets for wearing socks and shoes. It’s barefoot season, baby.

mikey

Postby mikey » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:21 pm

I wear flip flops year round inside and wear them about 9 months of the year outside...I have been a loyal Reef Mick Fanning supporter for about 10-15 years now. I can walk for miles in them, I can go to shows in them, I can run in them, I am better than anyone in most sports in them...never miss a flopportunity...figure your dumb lives out...idiots...