Pro Wrasslin' Thread

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Mon May 25, 2020 3:41 pm

Finally got to see the Stadium Stampede match... holy hell that was entertaining. Not really wrestling per se for most of it, but don't care... so many great segments and the ending was just nuts.

I think my favorite part of the entire match may have been Jericho throwing the challenge flag. Brilliant.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:33 pm

For those of you who let your sub expire...

WWE Launches Free Version of Streaming Network
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rk-1296539
The free version will not be ad-supported at launch. It will offer recent episodes of WWE flagships Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown and NXT. In addition, it will carry new shows like Raw Talk, which will stream every Monday night; original series like Monday Night War, Ride Along and Table for 3; some historical pay-per-view programming; and weekly highlights like Top 10 and The Best of WWE.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:02 pm

They did something similar at the start of the pandemic where they had old ppvs and some original content for free. Wouldn't be surprised if that sparked this decision.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 pm

So Lana just slapped MVP and used some over the top slap sound.

Apparently it's not the first time they've done this.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:12 pm

Sounds like an indoor batting cage. Why even bother?

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:39 pm

These will never not be funny. Love these guys.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 pm

they released a new one a few months ago that I somehow missed until noq.

And they have shirts. I never bought a wrestling shirt, but I almost want one of these.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:06 am

Heyman has been removed from the creative team. Bruce Prichard will now run both Raw and Smackdown. Bischoff and Heyman didn't work out, so Vince went back to Bruce. And people wonder why it's been the same old **** for so long in WWE.

https://www.wwe.com/article/raw-smackdo ... e-prichard

blackjack68

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:23 pm

Heyman has been removed from the creative team. Bruce Prichard will now run both Raw and Smackdown. Bischoff and Heyman didn't work out, so Vince went back to Bruce. And people wonder why it's been the same old **** for so long in WWE.

https://www.wwe.com/article/raw-smackdo ... e-prichard
Kinda like the Browns

King Colby

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby King Colby » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:47 am

Raw has been unwatchable lately. Smackdown is the better brand right now.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:06 pm

WWE in general has been unwatchable for a long time. There is some genuinely great stuff but most of it's soooooo bad.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:32 pm

WON said it was because of Covid that Vince originally trusted the long game of building new stars, and now they don’t.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:32 pm

I stopped watching it for awhile, but I've been letting it run in the background thanks to few other options being available at this point.

I dont' think either show is particularly great right now.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:50 pm

a friend of mine sent me this on messenger last night with the comment "Are all matches this bad?" I don't know if there was a conversation before that with someone else. From what I know, he used to watch wrestling years ago but I have no idea when he stopped. If he did still watch, I think he'd know the answer to his question would be no.

Anyways...

I rarely watched TNA, so I missed this when it originally aired. Thank God that I did. This might be the worst match ever. Sharmell vs Jenna Morasca. Sharmell was primarily a valet and didn't have much wrestling experience. The matches she did work, they usually involved a third person or she was part of a tag match, so there weren't many one-on-one matches to speak of. ProFightDB has her with 4 one on one matches in six years, all of which were against valets.

Morasca, or "Rasca" if you were to listen to Mike Tenay, was famous for being on Survivor and had zero wrestling experience to speak of. It definitely shows too. I don't know the backstory to this match, and honestly I doubt I would care if somebody told me it. Morasca ran the ropes so poorly that she made Kelly Kelly look like Shawn Michaels by comparison. The only redeeming part of this match was after the celebration with Awesome Kong.

But if you want to waste ten minutes by watching the worst match ever, here ya go:

Spangler

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:36 pm

I had no idea Jenna Morasca wrestled at some point.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:06 pm

I don't understand how there are people who think Kevin Dunn is good at his job.

Also, Backlash was pretty decent. I have no idea what that Viking Raiders/Street Profits match was, though.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:22 am

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:39 am

Woof.

Spangler

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:18 pm

Sounds about right for WWE.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:47 pm

what a clusterfck

You can file also this under WWE Damage Control: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 6.57.0.pdf
As WWE continues to deal with a class-action lawsuit from shareholders, who feel the promotion misrepresented its dealings with Saudi Arabia, an anonymous former WWE Superstar has come forward to give his account of the strange, ominous events surrounding the October 31 charter flight with Atlas Air ATCO.

Shareholders filed class action lawsuits dating back to April, and an amended class-action complaint, filed by Firefighters Pension System of the City of Kansas City Missouri Trust (h/t Wrestlenomics Radio), features an anonymous account of the fateful Saudi flight in October that WWE infamously chalked up to a “mechanical issue.”

The anonymous testimony suggests that an argument between WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman over late payments was at the center of the still-mysterious flight delays. The former WWE Superstar went as far as to quote a stewardess on that flight, who reportedly told him “it seems someone doesn’t want us to leave the country.”

“CW-2 (the former WWE wrestler) explained that he spoke with a stewardess on the flight about the delay, who told him ‘it seems someone doesn’t want us to leave the country.’ CW-2 further explained that the pilot sounded ‘distressed’ when he informed the passengers the flight was unable to take off.”

“CW-2 explained that he asked the Senior Director of Talent Relations, Mark Carrano, about what was going on and that Carrano told him that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and McMahon had gotten into an argument over late payments in connection with the June 7, 2019 Super ShowDown event.”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonu ... df855e7790

So who started in 2012 and just got released? I thought maybe Rusev, but one of the instagram pics in the article of the incident might answer that question.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:13 pm

I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it’s gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:40 pm

by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law
I got that reference

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:11 pm

by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law
I got that reference
:fist:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Survivor Series 1996 is on FS1

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:00 am

This is... whew. (Click for the full thread)