COVID-19

Kaiser

COVID-19

Postby Kaiser » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:42 pm

If you aren't 40, you're no man.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 pm

17 year old died in NOLA, per ABC news. No indication of preexisting conditions.
In before they blame it on the kid vaping...

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 am

This was probably discussed already but what an absolute piece of filth. I hope they throw the book at her.

AuthorTony

COVID-19

Postby AuthorTony » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:05 am

She should be emptying bedpans in hospitals until this is over.

faftorial

COVID-19

Postby faftorial » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:11 am

Little Caesars is now airing "we don't touch your food" commercials.

blackjack68

COVID-19

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:22 am

Little Caesars is now airing "we don't touch your food" commercials.
Papa Johns too.

Which is interesting since I don’t touch their food either.

Lemon Berry Lobster

COVID-19

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 am

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

COVID-19

Postby LITT » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:46 am

COVID update - patients are very sick. Surprised how sick. Flu continues to be very bad. health care worker transmission low - everyone is being safe with PPE. Everyone mostly calm. Impressive humans to want to volunteer to subject themselves and their families to this. Stay home.

Gaucho

COVID-19

Postby Gaucho » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:23 am

Boris Johnson tests positive.

shafnutz05

COVID-19

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:42 am

COVID update - patients are very sick. Surprised how sick. Flu continues to be very bad. health care worker transmission low - everyone is being safe with PPE. Everyone mostly calm. Impressive humans to want to volunteer to subject themselves and their families to this. Stay home.
:thumb: Thanks

Troy Loney

COVID-19

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:03 am

My wife's friend texted last night to tell her that he's got the Covid-19, they were out together on 3/11. Seems like we're in the clear, but this is hitting closer to home each day.

obhave

COVID-19

Postby obhave » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:34 am

Boris Johnson tests positive.
How long do we think before a top official (on the task force) gets sick?

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 am

This was probably discussed already but what an absolute piece of filth. I hope they throw the book at her.
:thumb: I really wonder what goes on through people's minds.

That dude that licked all the deodorant and posted it on social media got arrested for terroristic threats. These people need to be nailed, even if it wasn't for the COVID19.

eddy

COVID-19

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 am

State Universities paying back housing, looking at a $100M loss, this isn't going to end well for them.

Anyone else think it's fair to say that after a week from home, this country is going to realize we don't need to be working the crazy hours and days we've been working? It's kinda insulting how much it takes over our lives.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:01 am

Source of the post Anyone else think it's fair to say that after a week from home, this country is going to realize we don't need to be working the crazy hours and days we've been working? It's kinda insulting how much it takes over our lives.
You would hope that companies would realize this, but I envision more working hours to make up for lost revenue

NAN

COVID-19

Postby NAN » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:03 am

Source of the post Anyone else think it's fair to say that after a week from home, this country is going to realize we don't need to be working the crazy hours and days we've been working? It's kinda insulting how much it takes over our lives.
You would hope that companies would realize this, but I envision more working hours to make up for lost revenue
Yep, some people's minds don't work that way, and those people are usually at the top of the company.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:04 am

I've got a feeling we're going to go further into the "we can do more with less" if we allow remote.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:08 am

State Universities paying back housing, looking at a $100M loss, this isn't going to end well for them.

Anyone else think it's fair to say that after a week from home, this country is going to realize we don't need to be working the crazy hours and days we've been working? It's kinda insulting how much it takes over our lives.
Universities will be fine as they have the "infinite money" deal already on file...

I've been saying this for a couple years now. It's an industrial revolution relic basically...one of the few (?) nice things about impending globalization is that some European styles of life and work/life balance may leak over into our world...

One of the people that runs my company often says, and he means it as a way of trying to connect and reason with employees/new hires/etc., is "you spend a lot of time here, you might spend more time here with these people than you do with friends/family on a daily basis" and again, he means well, but I always kind of grimace at the statement because you're normalizing something that really shouldn't sound right...when you say it aloud, it's pretty sick...but that's the standard, so we accept it...

I'm actually trying to push back away from the "time is the best form of production" mindset...but they're really scared of change to the point that I was all but shouted down when I suggested we should reward production and not time so much...it's scary to them.

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:10 am

Source of the post but they're really scared of change to the point that I was all but shouted down when I suggested we should reward production and not time so much...it's scary to them.
You work for clowns.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:12 am

Just got an email from our company saying all merit increases for 2020 are cancelled. We were due increases on April 1st. Record profits and revenues last year. But bonuses were not cancelled for this year (funny that only executives receive bonuses)

Now, I work for a fairly large company, and not all divisions are working right now. But our division is still working at 100% capacity as far as I know.

Exhibit A that companies are going to squeeze as much as they can out of this.

mac5155

COVID-19

Postby mac5155 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 am

Yeah. It sucks. and what can you do about it? nothing.

Morkle

COVID-19

Postby Morkle » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 am

Just got an email from our company saying all merit increases for 2020 are cancelled. We were due increases on April 1st. Record profits and revenues last year. But bonuses were not cancelled for this year (funny that only executives receive bonuses)

Now, I work for a fairly large company, and not all divisions are working right now. But our division is still working at 100% capacity as far as I know.

Ours were pushed back until "July" and it's under the same pretense, we received everything but a pittance of an increase. Mind you, we're making good money right now because we're making some substantial profits off of this pandemic.

mikey

COVID-19

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:14 am

Source of the post but they're really scared of change to the point that I was all but shouted down when I suggested we should reward production and not time so much...it's scary to them.
You work for clowns.
That is abundantly clear.

I pushed for more WFH options, and was immediately rejected about a year or so ago...now, I'm blatantly stating in every meeting how easy/great/effective this has been for everyone on my team, just to make sure it's known that this was always possible and now that you've been forced into a minor investment to make it happen company-wide, you allow people some more civil liberties...

Secondly, over a year ago I installed the company's lone production:wage tie...there's a threshold, you exceed the threshold, and you paid on quantity AND quality of work based on a mutually agreed upon matrix. Production skyrocketed - quantity and quality. It was in response to losing two people in quick succession...so I came to the table and said, "There's x dollars sitting out there now because we lost two people...I can either give it to some five and dime flunkies that we hire or I can give it to you guys, what do ya say?" and it's worked like gangbusters...they're still scared of it haha

NTP66

COVID-19

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:26 am

That may be the only silver lining of CV-19 - companies are finding out that people can work from home effectively, and that a lot of meetings can simply be an e-mail.

robbiestoupe

COVID-19

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:00 am

Ours were pushed back until "July" and it's under the same pretense, we received everything but a pittance of an increase. Mind you, we're making good money right now because we're making some substantial profits off of this pandemic.
I'm just tired of the bullshit 2% raise every year while the company is making record profits, buying companies much larger than them to ultimately become a Fortune 500 company. They operate on such a lean workforce that we all do 3-4 people's jobs.

How about you put some of those executive bonuses and investor payouts into a slush fund in case something like this pandemic happens?