GDT #68: Pens vs Canes

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:07 pm

Yeah, that's the Detroit Red Wing model...stick that scarecrow Chris Osgood in the net for a buck and a half and spent a zillion dollars on defense and two-way centers and then profit...

The key is not allowing bad goals, that's the threshold you have to get over...there aren't a lot of guys that are really over-the-top game stealers in the league that are doing it on a regular basis...I mean, look at what's going down in Florida right now...who are they gonna turn towards down the stretch here? The $10 million guy or the guy who was in the Cheese last year making $80/game...? Looking like the latter...

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:09 pm

Yeah, that's the Detroit Red Wing model...stick that scarecrow Chris Osgood in the net for a buck and a half and spent a zillion dollars on defense and two-way centers and then profit...

The key is not allowing bad goals, that's the threshold you have to get over...there aren't a lot of guys that are really over-the-top game stealers in the league that are doing it on a regular basis...I mean, look at what's going down in Florida right now...who are they gonna turn towards down the stretch here? The $10 million guy or the guy who was in the Cheese last year making $80/game...? Looking like the latter...
Yea, totally. To me, it’s just another reason not to sign Murray no matter what happens this year.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:12 pm

Well, I mean, you gotta figure out what the cost is there, right? There's a comfort level that needs to be considered...organization and coaches...it's the old thing about it being cheaper to retain a client than get a new one...there's a little bit of that at play here too...especially with him being an RFA, especially with an expansion draft coming up, especially because he's a 2x Cup winner...I get that he hasn't been lights out, but we can't close the door there so abruptly because we'd have to do something to replace him...and right now, it just doesn't make any sense to try to use assets to add someone way better and then have to lose one of them to Seattle anyhow...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:19 pm

All true

I’m sure Seattle has Pittsburgh and Vancouver in theirs sights for goaltending