happens here at the local high school

Shyster

Politics And Current Events

Postby Shyster » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/13/us/p ... trump.html

Barr making it clear that Trump tweets make it harder for Barr to do Trump's bidding.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:39 pm

Eagerly awaiting to hear how bad he was by the Trump fans when he gets fired

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Is Barr looking for a way out?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:47 pm

this comment was what I thought when I read it :lol:
IGN: "Humanity may be destroyed by a comet in a matter of days. Check out our list of best disaster movies to get ready."

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:59 pm

Is Barr looking for a way out?
No, this is just damage control. Trump didn’t order Barr to do this, he is managing the post mueller spin off investigations to trumps liking. Barr is just trying to respin the narrative to remove trump from the discussion.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:08 pm

And the press is just eating this **** up, framing this as a Barr-trump feud. We honestly deserve a trump royal dynasty. Just build them a castle in dc and let them be the royal family.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Eagerly awaiting to hear how bad he was by the Trump fans when he gets fired
Then we can see the strange new respect when he says something critical about Trump as he sells a book.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:30 pm

This.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:35 pm

That said, the stuff PSU is accused of was proven at a massively larger scale at MSU and OSU, and it's like we never spent years arguing about that NCAA punishment being justified or not.
Probably because MSU and OSU weren't penalized by the NCAA.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Can’t wait for the new respect everyone on the left will have for Barr here soon if he leaves.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 pm

Can’t wait for the new respect everyone on the left will have for Barr here soon if he leaves.
:thumb:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:41 pm

That said, the stuff PSU is accused of was proven at a massively larger scale at MSU and OSU, and it's like we never spent years arguing about that NCAA punishment being justified or not.
Probably because MSU and OSU weren't penalized by the NCAA.
Right, they should have been.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:24 pm

Released on bail after one day... The hell? Between this and the guy that tried to kill GOP workers in FL, this is one element of a Bernie nomination that is legitimately concerning. For all the bluster about a Trump nomination/election ushering in violence, these Antifa guys are legitimately nuts.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 pm

It's not a crime if no one catches you...
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... th-foreign
President Trump said Thursday he may end the practice of having national security and foreign service staff listen in on his calls with foreign leaders after a July call with the president of Ukraine triggered his impeachment in the House.

Trump complained extensively about Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a key witness in the House impeachment inquiry, during a radio interview with Geraldo Rivera, accusing him of being "insubordinate" by raising concerns about the president's conduct on the July 25 call.

"Why are so many people allowed to listen to your phone calls anyway?" Rivera asked.

"Well, that’s what they’ve done over the years," Trump said. "When you call a foreign leader, people listen. I may end the practice entirely. I may end it entirely."

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:56 pm

“New found respect...”
We live in such a black and white world.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:30 pm

I enjoy listening to Michael Savage because he is not an Establishment Republican. He's also more than willing to criticize Trump whenever he is doing stupid things, and he talks about stuff besides politics (like history, old movies, etc), which makes him wayyyy more palatable to me than Limbaugh (or especially Hannity, ugh).

Anyways, he was harshly criticizing Trump today for attacking Bloomberg's height, and I agree with him. Attack someone's ideas, but don't attack things that they have literally no control over. One thing he pointed out were Hispanic voters, who Trump has had some decent success winning over, are largely shorter than the average population. There is nothing good to be gained by attacking a physical characteristic.

It sucks because from a policy/economic perspective, Trump's presidency has been a fantastic success from my worldview. But the effing tweets and the stupid, rash decisions kill me (no, I am not including Ukraine, which I think was absurdly overblown). I actually believe that if Trump would have stopped the tweets and crass remarks about a year ago, and started being more gracious, his approval would be in the mid to upper 50s. It turns a lot of people off that otherwise may be very satisfied in general, which is a majority of the populace.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:37 pm

I actually believe that if Trump would have stopped the tweets and crass remarks about a year ago, and started being more gracious, his approval would be in the mid to upper 50s. It turns a lot of people off that otherwise may be very satisfied in general, which is a majority of the populace.
Absolutely. If Trump could just stop being Trump and if he would behave like a rational human being, he'd be unbeatable. I think he'll win anyway, but the reason it's a contest is because he's such a boorish buffoon, bully, and liar.

MWB

Postby MWB » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:43 pm

Attacking Bloomberg’s height is one of the tamest superficial attacks he’s done.

But yes, if Trump stopped being trump he would gain more support.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 pm

The Barr / Trump thing is so fake it’s not even funny.

These two are just doing this to make the decision to intervene in Stone as if it wasn’t coordinated.

Add it to the hack pile.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Imo tony and MWBs last two posts misunderstand the appeal of trump. Critical to trump is the 30% who will support him no matter what because he’s sticking it to the “betters” as NP has alluded to in the past. The twitter attacks and nicknames (which are hilarious imo) are the core appeal. Picking off “respectable” Republicans and moderates who care only about taxes and their own bottom line or the judiciary or gutting the administrative state is the side dish to the main course that is the insane behavior. It doesn’t work the other way around.

For example, he doesn’t get record turnout in his primary compared to any incumbent in American history if he doesn’t act on his every awful impulse.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 pm

Attacking Bloomberg’s height is one of the tamest superficial attacks he’s done.

But yes, if Trump stopped being trump he would gain more support.
And Trump's been mocking his height for decades.

New York is a cesspool.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 pm

If the racist demagogue would just be a little nicer I'd totally root for him.