Politics And Current Events

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 pm

good thing they have ski masks to brave the 35 degree sunny weather
Umm... when that video was taken it was probably 20 degrees with a wind chill in the teens or below, and the wind chill is still in the twenties. You’d be an idiot for not wearing at least some face protection or something if you are going to stand outside in the cold for hours.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:07 pm

The same folks who breathlessly worried about incel violence out of Joker were once again led astray through their deep dive into the swamps of 4chan.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:10 pm

Three arrest were made in conjunction with plotting an attack, so despite all the hysteria and guffawing law enforcement prevented any violence, disruptions, etc.

Also, and it speaks to tif's point, the open carry semi-automatic rifle crowd has to come in fatigues like they're preparing for guerrilla warfare. The GI Joe complex is real. They have good intentions, but they also have dreams of being a hero.

Thirdly, many protesters came from out of state, which makes ins interesting, while it also makes a mockery of "conservatives" are too busy working to protest while all you libtards are on food stamps and get paid to sit at home. Dare to make them have to pass a background check and they want to come out of the woodwork.

I mean, I looked up the four bills:
1) Universal background checks on sales (but not transfers of ownership, like estates in the event of death). Closing existing gun sales loopholes.
2) A Red flag law. Listen, my buddy can't own a firearm because of a pot conviction as a kid, but the dude with a restraining order can?
3) Municipalities can ban firearms from city events & buildings (a right private businesses already enjoy)
4) Cap hand gun purchases at 1 per month, unless you've got a CCW permit (which was on the books for 23 years prior to 2012)

But it's an assault on gun rights as has never been seen before.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:31 pm

good thing they have ski masks to brave the 35 degree sunny weather
Umm... when that video was taken it was probably 20 degrees with a wind chill in the teens or below, and the wind chill is still in the twenties. You’d be an idiot for not wearing at least some face protection or something if you are going to stand outside in the cold for hours.
heroes

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:32 pm

listen, I'm a republican, I hunt.. you don't have to be a libtard or whatever to just admit they look like morons

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:34 pm

Ulf welcome to the resistance

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:36 pm

:lol:

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:36 pm

wait slappy is on this side? sht

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:41 pm

listen, I'm a republican, I hunt.. you don't have to be a libtard or whatever to just admit they look like morons
Probably the best summation of the last five years possible.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:43 pm

Three arrest were made in conjunction with plotting an attack, so despite all the hysteria and guffawing law enforcement prevented any violence, disruptions, etc.

Also, and it speaks to tif's point, the open carry semi-automatic rifle crowd has to come in fatigues like they're preparing for guerrilla warfare. The GI Joe complex is real. They have good intentions, but they also have dreams of being a hero.

Thirdly, many protesters came from out of state, which makes ins interesting, while it also makes a mockery of "conservatives" are too busy working to protest while all you libtards are on food stamps and get paid to sit at home. Dare to make them have to pass a background check and they want to come out of the woodwork.

1) Universal background checks on sales (but not transfers of ownership, like estates in the event of death). Closing existing gun sales loopholes.
2) A Red flag law. Listen, my buddy can't own a firearm because of a pot conviction as a kid, but the dude with a restraining order can?
3) Municipalities can ban firearms from city events & buildings (a right private businesses already enjoy)
4) Cap hand gun purchases at 1 per month, unless you've got a CCW permit (which was on the books for 23 years prior to 2012)

Lack of response to this is extremely revealing.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 pm

Tacti-cool Bingo for the 2A march

Do a shot of your favorite spirit every time you see:

- Salomon boots/shoes
- A Vertx backpack
- A 'war belt' from Blue Alpha or HSG
- A $500 Glock with $700 worth of customizations
- A BCM or Daniel Defense AR with an Eotech EXPS optic with a green dot reticle
- Said AR carried on a single-point sling
- A (non-ballistic) high-cut helmet with NVG
- Oakley M-frame eyewear
- 5.11 cargo pants
- Anything in black multicam

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:58 pm

(And I present that list as someone who checks like four or five of those items myself)

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:00 pm

It’s been 40 minutes...

Red flag laws have been discussed ITT about how they can be abused.

Allowing only 1 gun purchase a month is ridiculous. What does that accomplish?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Do a shot of your favorite spirit every time you see:

- Salomon boots/shoes
- A Vertx backpack
- A 'war belt' from Blue Alpha or HSG
- A $500 Glock with $700 worth of customizations
- A BCM or Daniel Defense AR with an Eotech EXPS optic with a green dot reticle
- Said AR carried on a single-point sling
- A (non-ballistic) high-cut helmet with NVG
- Oakley M-frame eyewear
- 5.11 cargo pants
- Anything in black multicam
Those guns are garbage lol.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm

That’s not the part of that past I was referring to.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:10 pm

"revealing" :lol:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:13 pm

Despite all the hysteria and guffawing over the weekend another Lobby Day comes and goes without any violence, disruptions, etc...
Cool post.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:50 pm

Do a shot ...
You sly bastard.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm

I think Red Flag laws are a terrible idea. There's too many gray areas, specifically around false flagging.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Media Offers Thoughts And Prayers That Someone Would Start Some Violence At Gun Rights Rally

https://babylonbee.com/news/media-offer ... ghts-rally

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:33 pm

Media Offers Thoughts And Prayers That Someone Would Start Some Violence At Gun Rights Rally

https://babylonbee.com/news/media-offer ... ghts-rally
Such a clever parody. :roll:

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:40 pm

Nice

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 pm

And there's the bump helmet.

*drinks shot of rum*

Should've added "Rothco combat shirt" to the bingo card, a basic oversight that has cost me the opportunity to have another hit of ye olde rhum bottle.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:42 pm

Animals

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:50 pm

Revealing that conservatives are at their job and liberals give them 30 minutes to respond?