Politics And Current Events

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:34 pm

He came up through the state assembly and then won the Congress seat. His district is “purple” but leans more R than D. I think this switch is to firmly grab those Rs and maintain the Dems that like him.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Reading a book on American foreign policy in the greater Middle East from Carter to present and regardless of administration it's been one bad idea and decision after another with no one seeming to learn the lessons from the previous State and Defense department mistakes.
In that region, you could probably extend the poor policy making and bad decisions back at a minimum 30 more years prior to Carter.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:10 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Reading a book on American foreign policy in the greater Middle East from Carter to present and regardless of administration it's been one bad idea and decision after another with no one seeming to learn the lessons from the previous State and Defense department mistakes.
In that region, you could probably extend the poor policy making and bad decisions back at a minimum 30 more years prior to Carter.
The book only covers Carter to present, but yes.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:18 pm

Specifically June 1919

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:41 am

Why would they think that’s a good idea?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:54 am

The Army is the dumbest branch with the worst football players.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:52 am

They are doing it ironically, duh

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:17 am

If you watch the video immediately after that he punches the dude on the right in the arm.

But if it makes you feel better that they are all a bunch of white supremacists more power to you.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:27 am

k

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:30 am

Specifically June 1919
:thumb: :thumb:

The Treaty of Versailles is most remembered for directly leading to Nazi Germany, but its consequences on the M.E. are often forgotten. The decline of the Ottoman Empire was a good thing, no doubt, but the carving up of the M.E. and the British mandate definitely sowed the seeds for what would come the rest of the century.

You know what's ironic? One of the best breakdowns I've ever seen of the missteps and errors that led to the current situation is actually on a DoD website.

https://www.dodlive.mil/2017/08/11/how- ... -is-today/

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:41 am

If you watch the video immediately after that he punches the dude on the right in the arm.

But if it makes you feel better that they are all a bunch of white supremacists more power to you.

Is the punching in the video you posted? I guess I’m missing something because I don’t see anyone getting punched. I do see someone reaching over to get the symbol right next to the black guys head though.

Part of the problem with discourse here is your last sentence. You presume that I must think all in the army are awful because I posted that. Ok, if that makes you feel better.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:53 am

You fell for a hoax. It's easier to just admit that.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:55 am

I guess we aren't in enough danger.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:56 am

I posted the video and asked “why would this be a good idea?” What is the hoax though?

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:10 am

I posted the video and asked “why would this be a good idea?” What is the hoax though?
In 2017, the “okay” hand gesture acquired a new and different significance thanks to a hoax by members of the website 4chan to falsely promote the gesture as a hate symbol, claiming that the gesture represented the letters “wp,” for “white power.”
From the anti-defamation league.

https://www.adl.org/education/reference ... nd-gesture

Pretty sure we've had this conversation.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:17 am

So it wasn’t the circle game, it was a hoax to troll a libtard like me. Ok, fine, consider me trolled. Obviously it was a good idea by those young men; never should’ve asked the question.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:19 am

So it wasn’t the circle game, it was a hoax to troll a libtard like me. Ok, fine, consider me trolled. Obviously it was a good idea by those young men; never should’ve asked the question.
It was the circle game.

The ADL, an obvious Trumper organization*, makes it clear that the association with WP was a hoax and was always a hoax. A hoax means it doesn't actually exist, like the loch ness monster.

* - sarcasm.

MWB

Postby MWB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:30 am

Ok, good. I’m glad we live in a world where no one uses that symbol for hatred.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:37 am

Specifically June 1919

The Treaty of Versailles is most remembered for directly leading to Nazi Germany, but its consequences on the M.E. are often forgotten. The decline of the Ottoman Empire was a good thing, no doubt, but the carving up of the M.E. and the British mandate definitely sowed the seeds for what would come the rest of the century.

You know what's ironic? One of the best breakdowns I've ever seen of the missteps and errors that led to the current situation is actually on a DoD website.

“Hey, let’s put three groups of people who hate each other (Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites) into one country. Will work out perfectly”

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 am

k

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:39 am

Specifically June 1919

“Hey, let’s put three groups of people who hate each other (Kurds, Sunnis, and Shiites) into one country. Will work out perfectly”
Yet another example as to why Woodrow Wilson is by far the worst President in the history of the United States.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:54 am

I think unquestionably the greatest internet hoax ever is from the people who convinced crazy people that “the circle game” is a white power symbol

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:57 am

It still doesn’t make any sense to me. I understand that it’s just the ok symbol, but if your making the symbol because people think it’s a white power symbol, how is that different?

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:00 am

It still doesn’t make any sense to me. I understand that it’s just the ok symbol, but if your making the symbol because people think it’s a white power symbol, how is that different?
Yea it doesn’t make you a good person to perpetuate a hoax about white supremacy.

“Hey guys, lets play this game that makes some people think I’m a racist, but it’s actually just a hoax. Absolutely **** hilarious that they think I’m racist. Which in all likelihood I am because I’m playing a game that trolls real racism ”