Pittsburgh Sports Media Thread

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 pm

so bad lol

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:33 pm

From what I can gather, the "ok boomer" thing is bad and it's because millennials are immature and pathetic for making fun of boomers online. But when I "Paul Zeise" routinely make fun of millenials its because they are immature and pathetic. And everyone is stupid for not understanding what my point is.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:41 pm

I can't for the life of me understand what Zeise is trying to say in his "gotcha" response.
Consider that it made even less sense before he deleted a few additional impenetrably nonsensical tweets from this thread. Was a real low.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:46 pm

They also seem to glorify Zeise’s apparently crazy driving. Pretty dangerous personality quirk. He is a lunatic.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:29 pm

From what I can gather, the "ok boomer" thing is bad and it's because millennials are immature and pathetic for making fun of boomers online. But when I "Paul Zeise" routinely make fun of millenials its because they are immature and pathetic. And everyone is stupid for not understanding what my point is.
I thought the "ok boomer" line was coming mostly from Gen Z.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:32 pm

Nope. Boomers seem to think Gen Z are actually Millenials instead of mid 20’s to late 30’s but as with most things boomers have been proven wrong.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:51 am

Nope. Boomers seem to think Gen Z are actually Millenials instead of mid 20’s to late 30’s but as with most things boomers have been proven wrong.
Huh?

Generation Z are typically 20-25 years old. Millennials are in the age range you are describing above. Unless I am completely misreading that sentence.

With that said, there are some significant differences even between younger millennials and older millennials...imo. I was born in 1983, so I definitely feel like I have typical characteristics of both Gen X and millennials.

A friend shared this, and I thought it was amusing.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 am

I think boomers use the word millennials to complain about any young person. Not sure they differentiate between millennials and the next generation.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 am

I think boomers use the word millennials to complain about any young person. Not sure they differentiate between millennials and the next generation.
Ah, now this is 100% true. I'm pretty sure "millennials" is used to describe anyone under 35.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:59 am

Ok older millennial

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 am

Along those lines:

That Twitter thread is something else.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Ah, now this is 100% true. I'm pretty sure "millennials" is used to describe anyone under 35.
This. I was born in 84, my dad is a full on “these lazy millenials.” Boomer. He has now clarified with “except you and your wife.” since I let him know I’m considered a millennial. When he’s on his high horse, I quit trying to correct him because he’s hit the point of old person set in their ways.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Not sports media related, but
WPXI-TV meteorologist Kevin Benson was charged with three counts of driving under the influence and four moving violations after a 911 caller reported an erratic driver on Interstate 79 near the Interstate 70 interchange, according to the criminal complaint.

The incident happened Sept. 20, and police filed charges Oct. 9.

Police said Benson’s blood-alcohol level was .311, according to the complaint. The legal limit to drive in Pennsylvania is .08. Police said lab results showed his blood contained an inactive metabolite found in cocaine.

A state trooper responded at 5:45 p.m. to the area and noted Benson’s blue Ford Taurus crossing into the adjacent lane, following a vehicle too closely and moving at inconsistent speeds, according to the complaint.

During the traffic stop, the trooper wrote, Benson had bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol. He said he’d had once glass of wine hours earlier, according to the complaint.

Benson, 60, told police he’d been visiting his wife in the hospital, according to the complaint.

The trooper alleged that Benson would not follow directions to complete a portable breathalyzer test, and he was arrested. In the patrol car and, later, at Washington Hospital for a blood draw, Benson was “acting disrespectful and was uncooperative,” according to the complaint.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:28 pm

That is a lot of alcohol. **** boomer.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:46 pm

"One glass of wine hours earlier" :lol:

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:02 pm

I would bet a sizable amount of money the dbags that tweet from the Pensblog accounts are huge "ok boomer" posters. I've seen that stalker madchad in madden's mentions like half a dozen times just saying Ok Boomer.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Not sports media related, but
WPXI-TV meteorologist Kevin Benson was charged with three counts of driving under the influence and four moving violations after a 911 caller reported an erratic driver on Interstate 79 near the Interstate 70 interchange, according to the criminal complaint.

The incident happened Sept. 20, and police filed charges Oct. 9.

Police said Benson’s blood-alcohol level was .311, according to the complaint. The legal limit to drive in Pennsylvania is .08. Police said lab results showed his blood contained an inactive metabolite found in cocaine.

A state trooper responded at 5:45 p.m. to the area and noted Benson’s blue Ford Taurus crossing into the adjacent lane, following a vehicle too closely and moving at inconsistent speeds, according to the complaint.

During the traffic stop, the trooper wrote, Benson had bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol. He said he’d had once glass of wine hours earlier, according to the complaint.

Benson, 60, told police he’d been visiting his wife in the hospital, according to the complaint.

The trooper alleged that Benson would not follow directions to complete a portable breathalyzer test, and he was arrested. In the patrol car and, later, at Washington Hospital for a blood draw, Benson was “acting disrespectful and was uncooperative,” according to the complaint.
There will be heavy fines and ARD in the forecast.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:35 pm

I would bet a sizable amount of money the dbags that tweet from the Pensblog accounts are huge "ok boomer" posters. I've seen that stalker madchad in madden's mentions like half a dozen times just saying Ok Boomer.
Ok boomer

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:15 pm

That's a funny joke.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Not sure what I find more annoying... Madden sticking to his schtick on twitter or people that don't understand it's a schtick.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 am

Not sure what I find more annoying... Madden sticking to his schtick on twitter or people that don't understand it's a schtick.
little of a, little of b.

NailedPenguin

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:28 am

So facebook commenters are running the station official account now I guess.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:34 am

THat tweet really isnt worth commenting on, but it shouldn’t come as a shock that Brady’s comment was pretty run of the mill and not inflammatory or whiny.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:42 pm

So facebook commenters are running the station official account now I guess.

If it makes him feel any better, I'm still not over it either. F the Eagles.