Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 20, 2019 9:53 am

Very happy I only follow on Reddit.

AEW getting the TV-MA rating, I'll probably check it out, but end up following that on Reddit too.

Foley is presenting a new title tonight on Raw. If it's another "hardcore title" color me not interested, considering their ECW type matches are garbage.

Someone on Reddit also said last night that Brock won the MITB so he could cash in on the first night of Raw, which makes total sense, and is incredibly predictable.
You mean first night of SD?

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2019 10:02 am

Sorry, I meant the first night of Fox show. If that's SD then yes.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon May 20, 2019 10:06 am

Brock? Da fuq?
it makes no sense.

So basically what they did last night was say "Not listed on the card? No problem. Feel free to walk into any match and pin an opponent of your choosing like it was the 24/7 rule."

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2019 10:08 am

Personally, for as many big spots that happened in that match last night, for a guy to just walk in and grab the title makes no sense, and it's incredibly insulting to be asked to put your body on the line like that.

Finn seemingly had two spots that could shorten his career, and will likely go back to being a mid-carder.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Right on cue LaBar immediately started defending this nonsense. "It gets Heeeeeeeeat. Don't you see how mad everyone is? Now the briefcase holder has legit HEEEAT."

Yeah screw entertainment and putting any effort into story telling. The goal is to just piss people off and waste everyones talent. That's way easier.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 pm

It's not the heat that's necessary. I just have no interest in him cashing in and becoming a champion that barely puts his title up. I really believe the rumors that Vince doesn't care for the newer generation of NXT and Hunter hates it.

I'd have legitimately been fine had any one of them won the case last night. Now? I don't even care, that heat was a cheap pop.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Sure, it gets heat, but the heat isn't on the briefcase holder. It's on WWE and Vince. Nobody gives a **** about Brock. The heat isn't on him. People are pissed off at Vince McMahon continuing to **** over the current roster.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Yes. That's why Labar's a knob.

slappybrown

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby slappybrown » Mon May 20, 2019 4:15 pm

Right on cue LaBar immediately started defending this nonsense. "It gets Heeeeeeeeat. Don't you see how mad everyone is? Now the briefcase holder has legit HEEEAT."

Yeah screw entertainment and putting any effort into story telling. The goal is to just piss people off and waste everyones talent. That's way easier.
I think about this dril tweet almost daily, and Labar is today’s winner:

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue May 21, 2019 12:46 pm

Good news: There's now a 24/7 title. While I wasn't the biggest fan of the hardcore division back in the day, I always like the concept that the title could change hands anytime and anywhere as long as you had a ref with you. Gerald Brisco pinned Crash Holly while he was sleeping once. Pete Gas and Crash Holly both won it while in the Newark Airport. One of the Godfather's hos also pinned Crash and had the title for a very brief time. There was a week's worth of house shows where the hardcore title changed hands about 20 times; on average, it had 4-5 new champions a night. With Facebook, Twitter, and the network being readily available within a few seconds, they could have it set up so they could start streaming "live" when a title defense is happening.

Bad news: Here's your new title.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:39 pm

That is one of the ugliest belts I've ever seen. Good lord, how hard is it to be competent?

Cheap knockoff of the hardcore title. Of course, we would never have that now.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:40 pm

OMG....I just watched the video. Listen to the reaction from the crowd. It's bordering between complete apathy and booing. Poor Mick.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/kqnxrw

I think fans were expecting the Hardcore Title.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Tue May 21, 2019 7:27 pm

That belt is the ugliest thing since that time Mae West gave birth to a hand

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue May 21, 2019 10:12 pm

OMG....I just watched the video. Listen to the reaction from the crowd. It's bordering between complete apathy and booing. Poor Mick.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/kqnxrw

I think fans were expecting the Hardcore Title.
He knows it too. Even Mick has the expression at the 25 second mark that says "Vince, no matter what I say, I can't save this segment."

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:30 pm

https://www.kayfabenews.com/meet-the-se ... ship-belt/
The second-grader, who was chosen to design the championship due to a clerical error (the request was meant to go to Tommy Simpson, a 61-year-old leathersmith and metallurgist), said he is “weally pwoud” of how the belt turned out.

“It is mostly gween because I weally wove the coloh gween,” said Timmy during an exclusive interview with Kayfabe News.

“Not just any gween — barf and booger gween!” He then burst into uncontrollable giggling.

The 24/7 Championship, revealed by former sock-puppeteer Michaelangelo “Mick” Foley, features a round plate that its designer says “looks like a fwisbee.”

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm

are you sure that's kayfabe news and not a WWE.com exclusive?

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:36 am

One of the best parts about watching the old WWF clips from the very early 90s is watching the faces of the fans that truly believed in kayfabe at the time. Watching Papa Shango and there are legitimately people that look terrified lol.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri May 24, 2019 9:19 pm

PrinceOfRossTownship

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby PrinceOfRossTownship » Sat May 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Does anybody want to get a group together for Double Or Nothing?

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Sun May 26, 2019 3:12 am

Double or Nothing did not disappoint. Awesome first show for AEW.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun May 26, 2019 9:38 am

Double or Nothing did not disappoint. Awesome first show for AEW.
:thumb:

Cody smashing the HHH throne was cheesy af though. Less of that please.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 27, 2019 3:39 pm

What a finish to that AEW show. Awesome stuff.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 27, 2019 8:46 pm

They put speakers on the side of the briefcase and Lesnar continues to use it as a boom box. I think I've turned the corner on the MITB win. Why not, they got nothing else that entertains me. This at least made me laugh

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 27, 2019 11:58 pm

I had the opposite reaction to it. I tried to watch Raw and instead I got an hour of promos, the supposed “beast” acting like an idiot, and less than two minutes of actually wrestling that wasn’t actual wrestling since Shane was involved. **** WWE is bad right now.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue May 28, 2019 7:05 am

They put speakers on the side of the briefcase and Lesnar continues to use it as a boom box. I think I've turned the corner on the MITB win. Why not, they got nothing else that entertains me. This at least made me laugh

They have no idea what they’re doing.