The Cannabis Corner

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:20 pm

eaders of the state Legislature have canceled a planned vote Monday on a bill that would legalize recreational marijuana for adults 21 and older in New Jersey, state Senate President Stephen Sweeney is set to announce.

“While we are all disappointed that we did not secure enough votes to ensure legislative approval of the adult use cannabis bill today, we made substantial progress on a plan that would make significant changes in social policy,” Sweeney, New Jersey’s top state lawmaker, said in a statement provided to NJ Advance Media.

https://www.nj.com/marijuana/2019/03/le ... -vote.html

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:02 pm

“we made substantial progress on a plan that would make significant changes in social policy,”

I’m not sure what this means, other than possibly decriminlaization + absolving records.

There was a lot of pushback from uninformed local black leaders, ironically. I’m not sure if this was the issue or if the cash grab wasn’t sweet enough for certain parties.

dodint

The Cannabis Corner

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Emotional rollercoaster with those last five posts or so.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:50 am

@WVGovernor has signed medical marijuana banking bill into law
https://twitter.com/JeffJenkinsMN/statu ... 03265?s=19

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

The Cannabis Corner

Postby LITT » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:16 pm

Is the weed legal in dc?

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Is the weed legal in dc?
Yes, but no dispensaries.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 pm

Marijuana Testing of Job Applicants Is Barred by NYC in Groundbreaking Measure
Most employers in New York City would no longer be able to force job applicants to take drug tests for marijuana use, under a bill overwhelmingly approved this week by the City Council.

If the drug-screening law is enacted, it would put New York in relatively uncharted territory. Several drug policy and employment experts said that they did not know of similar laws on the books, even in states that have legalized marijuana.
the city also passed a bill that would stop the city from requiring marijuana testing for people on probation. Both bills are currently awaiting Mayor Bill de Blasio’s signature.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/11/nyre ... g-nyc.html

Factorial

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Factorial » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:30 pm

Is the weed legal in dc?
Yes, but no dispensaries.
You just text them and either they deliver it or you or go to a hotel to pick it up.

Willie Kool

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Willie Kool » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am

Anxiety disorders to be added to list of PA medical cannabis qualifying conditions
The Pennsylvania Health Department is adding anxiety disorders and Tourette’s syndrome to the list of conditions that can qualify people to obtain legal medical marijuana.

The heath secretary, Dr. Rachel Levine, announced Thursday she'll be adding them as of July 20.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/07/p ... l-pot.html

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:18 am

kinda surprised that wasn't on there from the start

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Anxiety disorders to be added to list of PA medical cannabis qualifying conditions
The Pennsylvania Health Department is adding anxiety disorders and Tourette’s syndrome to the list of conditions that can qualify people to obtain legal medical marijuana.

The heath secretary, Dr. Rachel Levine, announced Thursday she'll be adding them as of July 20.
I've been seeing a therapist for almost two years...hooray.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Sometimes I get nervous on airplanes...

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

The Cannabis Corner

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm

:thumb: Same here. I've actually taken to some of the candies when I can get my hands on it. Picking up some on my lunch break actually.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Chronic pain was always a condition - which makes everyone eligible since it can’t be clinically disproven. Anyone here can get a med card if you want it.

malkintent

The Cannabis Corner

Postby malkintent » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:18 pm

Doing Amsterdam in a couple weeks. Gonna get weird.

Lemon Berry Lobster

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Lit

Pavel Bure

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:11 pm

:thumb: Same here. I've actually taken to some of the candies when I can get my hands on it. Picking up some on my lunch break actually.
Documented usage of anti-anxiety meds for a couple years but no therapy... wonder what the conditions are or if it’s going to be a blanket thing. Edibles have certainly helped in the past but were difficult to judge how much I was taking in.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:24 pm

Edibles are an issue. So much promise and convenience. So little predictability.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

The Cannabis Corner

Postby count2infinity » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Legal edibles should be better as the active ingredients should be measurable, yes?

Pavel Bure

The Cannabis Corner

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:01 pm

Legal edibles should be better as the active ingredients should be measurable, yes?
That’s what I was thinking.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:27 pm

No, because of the variability in metabolism and stomach acid. As well as the fat content of the edible itself. Less of an issue with lung absorbtion. It’s much more uniform.

shmenguin

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shmenguin » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:28 pm

And Vaping or smoking gives you plenty of consistent measurement. If you vape a gram with the same device over and over, that’s peak consistency.

shafnutz05

The Cannabis Corner

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:11 am

No, because of the variability in metabolism and stomach acid. As well as the fat content of the edible itself. Less of an issue with lung absorbtion. It’s much more uniform.
Yeah I'm terrified of edibles for that reason. I've had a couple bad experiences with weed (mainly due to me being stupid) and the thought of that lasting 12 hours? *shudder*

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 am

Documented usage of anti-anxiety meds for a couple years but no therapy... wonder what the conditions are or if it’s going to be a blanket thing. Edibles have certainly helped in the past but were difficult to judge how much I was taking in.
I think if you just say you have anxiety, you will be fine. My friend told me there's a Dr. in Monroeville (I think) who didn't even ask him why he needed his card, haha

eddy

The Cannabis Corner

Postby eddy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 am

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... containing

Vitamin E acetate is one potential culprit, but it's too soon to say for certain. https://t.co/V4CThIXzYP

So I'm trying to figure out if this is the black market carts or if you are good if you are getting them legally through a store...