Video Games

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 am

My son played a round where his squadmate was that robot guy. The last squad was using one of the ziplines to come after my son's squad, when his robot guy cut the cable and the other squad died (evidently there isn't normal fall damage, but only when you fall from a zipline). It was pretty cool.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Yeah, I'm still garbage...but sending one of mirage's decoys toward a downed squadmate to bait the team using him as bait is just fantastically satisfying.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:25 pm

I played a round of Apex and had no idea what I was doing. I wish there was solo mode so I could experiment without dragging my team down. I had no time to adjust to anything.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:35 pm

I played a round of Apex and had no idea what I was doing. I wish there was solo mode so I could experiment without dragging my team down. I had no time to adjust to anything.
Psh, if you're playing with randoms, who cares. Just attack when you feel like you can attack and that's about it.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Solo and duo modes are in the pipeline, according to the developers. No ETA.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:25 pm

Psh, if you're playing with randoms, who cares. Just attack when you feel like you can attack and that's about it.
That's why playing with randoms gets a bad reputation. I hate it when people screw over the team, and I hate doing it myself.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:39 pm

I've played with randoms twice in PUBG. The first time, we were killed immediately. The second, I was team killed because I had a better gun. I hate playing with randoms.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:52 pm

That's why playing with randoms gets a bad reputation. I hate it when people screw over the team, and I hate doing it myself.
No, what I'm saying is if you're playing as a squad, who cares what you try-out. Just play it as any other BR and you're already better than 70% of the gen pop, try what you like and move on.

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Played more Apex and now that I’m getting more of a grasp of things, I’m enjoying it more. Characters are more agile than they seem when they start running. Not really sure which character I like the most. Mostly played the hunter that reveals enemies. I’m not good enough yet to get the most out of him.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm a fan of Wraith, and the robot guy.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Bloodhound is the hunter guy and the character I've used the most. His ult is best paired with Bangalore or Caustic. Pop a smoke or toxic gas cloud then use his heat seeking to put the enemies down. Rinse and repeat. Games are pretty easy to win now so I'm wanting to focus on high kill games, would like to put up 8+, averaging 4 to 5 now.

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Finished 2 of my last 3 matches in 2nd place. In one of them, one of our guys left right before character selection so we had to play the whole match as a duo; I was the medic and he was the decoy guy. Managed to respawn him around the mindpoint mark after we cleaned up a messy skirmish with multiple teams. During the final phases, we got cornered in a building with 2 connecting walkways, and had to hold the fort against 2 other teams. Once we took out one team the other jumped us while we were trying to recover.

It was, by far, my best round of Apex.

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:45 am

I have been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 with my daughter. It's the perfect game for us to play together at her age because she doesn't have to worry about the movement, but she can still beat enemies, get coins and stuff, etc.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:49 am

I have been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 with my daughter. It's the perfect game for us to play together at her age because she doesn't have to worry about the movement, but she can still beat enemies, get coins and stuff, etc.
:thumb: Nintendo has done a good job at getting little ones to be part of it. I believe a 2nd person can also control the hat in the new Mario Odyssey game. There is also another helper that can't hurt the game in the remastered 2d Mario games.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:22 pm

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Oh man...I adored that game. I still know the soundtrack by heart. That looks great.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:24 pm

Oh man...I adored that game. I still know the soundtrack by heart. That looks great.
Same here. I have vivid memories of playing it on my purple game boy color during 7th grade science.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:31 pm

I picked up Titanfall 2, mostly because Apex Legends...but also because Mechs are killer. Anywho, started the single player campaign, and I think I'm gonna really the game and story. The interaction between the pilot and Titan is already engaging. The platforming sections are cool so far, and the combat is frenetic. Is fun.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Always enjoyed LA, even if the ending is... different. My only real complaint about the gameplay was whenever you touched a powerup or got an item it had like 5 minutes of unskippable text... I seriously hope they fixed that. Looks awesome though.

Spangler

Video Games

Postby Spangler » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:14 pm

I picked up Titanfall 2, mostly because Apex Legends...but also because Mechs are killer. Anywho, started the single player campaign, and I think I'm gonna really the game and story. The interaction between the pilot and Titan is already engaging. The platforming sections are cool so far, and the combat is frenetic. Is fun.
Titanfall 2's Gold Edition is always on sale at a deep discount on PSN. I'm always tempted buy it, but never do.

LA was the game that got me into the Zelda series.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 am

Titanfall 2's campaign is routinely praised as the best single player experience in a shotter since one of the early COD console titles. Titanfall 2 came out right between Battlefield 1 and the COD flavor of the year, so it was basically DOA, which sucks because it was a pretty good title. I'm glad others are coming back to it now.

The titans are pretty awesome, too.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Video Games

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:49 am

ICYMI, there is now a Tetris BR...

shafnutz05

Video Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 am

Always enjoyed LA, even if the ending is... different. My only real complaint about the gameplay was whenever you touched a powerup or got an item it had like 5 minutes of unskippable text... I seriously hope they fixed that. Looks awesome though.
I forgot about that. Could you hit the A button to speed it up? I don't think you could.

I am on a big Doom nostalgia trip lately. Played through Ultimate Doom and Doom II, now playing through the TNT Evilution and Plutonia Experiment levels. Hurt me Plenty or bust.

Anyone else remember the D!Zone DoomWAD disks/CDs? I remember how much I absolutely loved playing through all of the player-created levels for that game, including the ones specifically made for deathmatches. Fragamor.WAD was a favorite of my buddy and mine on dial-up.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:08 am

Started to get real comfortable with Wraith in Apex legends.

Viva la Ben

Video Games

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:11 am

I forgot about that. Could you hit the A button to speed it up? I don't think you could.

I am on a big Doom nostalgia trip lately. Played through Ultimate Doom and Doom II, now playing through the TNT Evilution and Plutonia Experiment levels. Hurt me Plenty or bust.

Anyone else remember the D!Zone DoomWAD disks/CDs? I remember how much I absolutely loved playing through all of the player-created levels for that game, including the ones specifically made for deathmatches. Fragamor.WAD was a favorite of my buddy and mine on dial-up.
The first time I played doom was after a few hours of downloading over my 14.4k baud modem on a local BBS in Chester county.