2017-2018 College Hockey Thread

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:42 pm

I'm curious as well... what did Gadowsky do to convince him to skip out on the OHL, have two years of uncertainty and then come to PSU to play hockey. I mean, Happy Valley isn't as terrible as mikey or slappy make it out to be, but I'm not blind enough to know there's nothing special enough here to pass up two years playing in one of the better juniors leagues in the world.

mikey

Postby mikey » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:57 pm

There's a few personal things for Cuylle about why he doesn't play in the OHL...seems like they've been fairly long-standing as far as these types of decisions go...

I don't think it has anything to do with Peterborough itself...but P-boro isn't a fun place, for the record...it's in the middle of nowhere kind of, and I'd imagine that entire population could fit inside of Penn State's football stadium...

No question Happy Valley is a nicer place, with or without the sexual abuse...

I'm assuming he's going to go to the USHL for a couple of seasons...unless he wants to hang out in AAA ball in Ontario for a year...he can keep his NCAA eligibility in Junior 'A'...

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:10 pm

#12 PSU sweeps #7 Wisconsin this weekend at Pegula.

It's early, but their only loss so far is an inexplicable 4-0 home-ice failure vs. the Alaska-Fairbanks Nanooks back on 10/18.