Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun May 06, 2018 9:15 pm

Jeff Hardy still rocking the jnco jeans is so damn lame. I’ve heard the story multiple times of Michael Hayes wanting the Hardys to wear old fashioned 70s “cool” gear and them mocking him and instead going to Hot Topic to buy cool gear. Jeff coming out in jncos is the same now as Hayes wanting them to wear 70s gear then.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 pm

Roman/Joe main evented over the WWE championship match and the crowd chanted “beat the traffic” during the match. That basically sums up Backlash.

Miz/Rollins was great though.

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Roman/Joe main evented over the WWE championship match and the crowd chanted “beat the traffic” during the match. That basically sums up Backlash.

Forgot there was a ppv tonight. How was the WWE championship match?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 07, 2018 9:38 am

Forgot there was a ppv tonight. How was the WWE championship match?
Good until the bs finish.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon May 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Aj and Nakamura had their best match of the 3 in WWE so far. The finish was anticlimactic though. Looks like they are playing the long game with the feud.

Heel Nakamura is just so much better.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon May 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Roman is just hated. How can they keep pushing the him against "the man" narrative?

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 pm

so how soon before WWE start selling those B team shirts?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 pm

God wrestling sucks.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon May 14, 2018 11:20 pm

Roman is just hated. How can they keep pushing the him against "the man" narrative?
I happened to see the recap segment of Roman/Jinder and Roman blindside-spearing a clearly injured Jinder into a fake wall. That's one of the most heelish things I've seen, and they expect Roman to get cheers from that? In a football game, if someone gets drilled from behind, well after a play, the tackler would get booed out of the building, and most likely would get his ass beat by the opposing team.

I also saw Nia Jax challenge Ronda for Money in the Bank, and that was a beyond awful segment. They managed to make Nia, Ronda, and Charlotte insufferable all in one sweep.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue May 15, 2018 9:14 am

I also saw Nia Jax challenge Ronda for Money in the Bank, and that was a beyond awful segment. They managed to make Nia, Ronda, and Charlotte insufferable all in one sweep.
This match worries me. Ronda is green as grass and Nia isn't much better. I'm guessing they want the visual of Ronda picking up Nia for her finish, but man the match might be a train wreck. Also, they are both babyfaces. Nia works better as a monster heel but I don't know how you turn her now after all that body shaming/anti-bullying stuff.

Spangler

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue May 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Not only that, but Nia has a number of instances where she's hurt/nearly injured her opponent. She just hurt Alexa's shoulder, injured Bayley, and almost killed Charlotte twice in one match.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue May 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Yup. Definitely a concern. I don't understand this match at all. Ronda doesn't need a belt and really shouldn't have a title shot until Mania. If she doesn't beat Nia, she looks weak. If she does beat Nia, the chase is already over a few months into her career. I'd much rather they turn Charlotte heel (wait, is she heel? I can't remember) and build to Charlotte/Ronda and Mania 35.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue May 15, 2018 4:25 pm

God wrestling sucks.
I had it on during the intermission of the Vegas/Winnipeg game, and it barely kept my interest for the 15 minutes that I had it on. I mean it could have also been more to do with the game, but RAW hasn't been good for a long time, I usually miss Smackdown thanks to golf nights, and the PPVs seem like an extended weekend version of RAW.
Yup. Definitely a concern. I don't understand this match at all. Ronda doesn't need a belt and really shouldn't have a title shot until Mania. If she doesn't beat Nia, she looks weak. If she does beat Nia, the chase is already over a few months into her career. I'd much rather they turn Charlotte heel (wait, is she heel? I can't remember) and build to Charlotte/Ronda and Mania 35.
OK, so it's not just me. I didn't know if Charlotte was a heel either. Spangler also brings up a good point about Nia. How many members of the womens' division has she injured? On top of the three that he listed, didn't she also injure Sasha?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue May 15, 2018 4:34 pm

I was thinking of going to Extreme Rules but theres a house show in Wheeling the night before, that may be more fun. Like two years ago they were there the night before a PPV and it was one of the best live shows I went to. It's basically a dry run for the PPV.

Spangler

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue May 15, 2018 5:52 pm

WWE live shows are way more tolerable than televised shows. I remember one show where Cody Rhodes cut a really good promo, and this was during a time when he didn't talk much at all on tv. I understand why he left WWE.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 21, 2018 12:44 pm

Smackdown moving to Fox after agreeing on a "massive deal." I hope the hell a term of the deal wasn't moving to 3 hours, as alot of rumors were out there. That would be a terrible mistake.

*Terrible for viewers. The WWE and Fox would make a killing. But it would sure suck.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Smackdown moving to Fox after agreeing on a "massive deal." I hope the hell a term of the deal wasn't moving to 3 hours, as alot of rumors were out there. That would be a terrible mistake.

*Terrible for viewers. The WWE and Fox would make a killing. But it would sure suck.
Wow. This is huge and you have to assume it immediately makes Smackdown the "A" show. Wouldn't be surprised to see Reigns and others moved over.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:00 pm

WOW. That is a huge coup for the WWE. I never, in a million years, would have expected one of the weekly WWE shows to be on one of the Big Four networks. Especially because I thought wrestling in general had been trending down the last 15 years.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon May 21, 2018 1:04 pm

oh, so this is on network FOX and not one of the properties like FS1?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 21, 2018 1:05 pm

Word is it'll be FOX proper, but nobody really knows for sure yet.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Moving to Fridays apparently

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Live or not, that's a mistake.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Friday, where shows go to die.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm

5 years, 1 Billion.

Cue the Vince gifs.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Those are some insane $$$$ numbers.