Eastern Conference Playoffs (non-Pens) - Discussion Thread

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu May 17, 2018 11:05 pm

#nocaps

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 pm

I said the second holtby when off and they entered the zone that it was going to be a 2 minute circus. You just knew they were going to be in the zone nearly the entire rest of the way

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu May 17, 2018 11:14 pm

So happy to see the tide turn!

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri May 18, 2018 12:29 am

Lightning had'em all the way...

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri May 18, 2018 12:44 am

Had our playoff game tonight. We lost, but checking the score just now made up for it.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 am

I’m tellin you...Wilson did that **** with his skate on purpose. Not premeditated but he definitely thought, at the time, it was a good idea to put his skate next to kunitz’ face. What happened is not how falling works.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri May 18, 2018 9:41 am

Lightning had'em all the way...
I still got them winning in 7. Very confident. They will lose Game 6. I think they win the Cup.

Caps blew their load in Games 1 and 2.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri May 18, 2018 9:43 am

I’m tellin you...Wilson did that **** with his skate on purpose. Not premeditated but he definitely thought, at the time, it was a good idea to put his skate next to kunitz’ face. What happened is not how falling works.
I missed this. What happened?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 am

can't find the gif. kunitz and wilson going back and forth all night. kunitz takes down wilson off a faceoff or something, wilson falls backwards and juts his left leg up in a very unnatural way. he then keeps it upright and extended for no apparent reason...until you see his skate about 1cm away from kunitz's face.

there's not much ambiguity to it. it doesn't mean he's a serial killer, but it goes to illustrate the extremely obvious issue with his lack of impulse control.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri May 18, 2018 10:30 am

From the Reddits:
The Washington Capitals have never won a playoff game after winning the first two games of a series on the road. They are now 0-10 after leading a series 2-0 heading home.

1996 Eastern Quarterfinals: won first two games in Pittsburgh, lost in six games.
2003 Eastern Quarterfinals: won first two games in Tampa Bay, lost in six games.
2018 Eastern Finals: won first two games in Tampa Bay, series now tied.

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri May 18, 2018 10:38 am

That is bad.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri May 18, 2018 10:45 am

TK show will be enjoyable today. He went completely balls deep into the Caps bandwagon and it's backpedal time.

@malkinismyhomeboy

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 am

From the Reddits:
The Washington Capitals have never won a playoff game after winning the first two games of a series on the road. They are now 0-10 after leading a series 2-0 heading home.

1996 Eastern Quarterfinals: won first two games in Pittsburgh, lost in six games.
2003 Eastern Quarterfinals: won first two games in Tampa Bay, lost in six games.
Impressive.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri May 18, 2018 10:46 am

@Waffles feel any better about the series now mate?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 am

From the Reddits:

my new favorite statistic. it's just so pretty, flawless and most importantly horrible and painful for them.

let's hope they blew their wad in last night's loss. and also that they keep missing the fact that backstrom is not very helpful when the games start to matter.

Faubert5
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - no fan of the Predators

Postby Faubert5 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 am

can't find the gif. kunitz and wilson going back and forth all night. kunitz takes down wilson off a faceoff or something, wilson falls backwards and juts his left leg up in a very unnatural way. he then keeps it upright and extended for no apparent reason...until you see his skate about 1cm away from kunitz's face.

there's not much ambiguity to it. it doesn't mean he's a serial killer, but it goes to illustrate the extremely obvious issue with his lack of impulse control.

At this stage it's pretty clear he intends to hurt people. That makes NBC and the NHL's love affair with him all the more egregious. But he looks good and he plays with Captain Passion so I guess it's okay. I hope he's in the wrong end of the handshake line very soon.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 am

At this stage it's pretty clear he intends to hurt people. That makes NBC and the NHL's love affair with him all the more egregious. But he looks good and he plays with Captain Passion so I guess it's okay. I hope he's in the wrong end of the handshake line very soon.
i believe that he goes home and PROBABLY isn't the date raping psychopath that he seems. his dementia exists when he puts on his uniform. he transforms into someone that has no regard for anything at that point. some sort of meathead fugue state . like the laughing when ZAR was bleeding out. he just has no clue that what he does has real consequence. so maybe he isn't a "bad" guy. it's possible he's just one of the dumbest and most reckless people on the planet.

guys - i think i might have an issue with wilson

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri May 18, 2018 11:01 am

I don't Twit so Ia m not sure how to post this...

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/ ... 5419419648

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri May 18, 2018 11:03 am

Not an accident.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:07 am

I don't Twit so Ia m not sure how to post this...

https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/ ... 5419419648
Hockey players/nerds: Assuming this obviously intentional play is intentional, how big of a deal is this? And by "intentional", i don't mean that he wanted to slice kunitz's face up, but he certainly puts his blade in a pretty horrific position for whatever reason

that one comment is parroted everywhere...
"If it was another player you would say it was innocent"

yeah. i would. what's your point?

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri May 18, 2018 11:16 am

That is really off the deep end bad...that's a thing your own teammates (if it's irrefutable, which I don't think they'll see it that way) will tell you to wise up about...that's a horrific act in the game. You can kill a guy doing that...I don't say that to be dramatic, I really don't like to be dramatic...but you can really do some damage...that has no absolutely no place anywhere around the game...

Tom Wilson could come on the ice launching throwing stars at guys and I'd be like "eh, I mean, I don't love it...but there's no real rule against it..." this is not acceptable at least from the angle that I see there...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri May 18, 2018 11:18 am

legs don't do that when a guy gets tripped. Looks pretty intentional

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 18, 2018 11:22 am

All DoPS needs to say is this: Look at Wilson's left butt cheek go up. Look at his right butt cheek stay flat. This is not a result of a natural fall.

that's it. end of story. give him a few more games to let it sink in. there's no ambiguity to this, but it's not gonna get a hearing because people think it's too outrageous for someone to do on purpose. what a sick loophole

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am

If they have an angle that definitively shows, beyond any doubt, that he attempted to kick a player, in the face, with his skate blade...he should be suspended for 10 games. A second offense of this regard is a season. I don't know that you're gonna get that angle...

NAN

Postby NAN » Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am

Yeah, pretty dangerous.