mikey's Thread of Penguin Randomness

darkstar57

Postby darkstar57 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 pm

this is actually one of few message boards i check (outside of gaming reddits sites for PUBG and fortnite), i broke up with the internet a long time ago and just share joint custody with this board. I only post every few weeks to show that its still loved

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm

I've not read any responses to the article outside of this thread. My life is pretty good.
i have hockey itches to scratch, still. and this forum is not very active. i also cling onto the hope that there is a place where fans of several teams can come together and not drop 50 IQ points when they log in, so i still explore. this is a foolish hope.

i get that we aren't the most loveable team ever assembled, but i tell ya what...if you have to pick a team win, when your team doesn't, i really don't get why we're such a bad option. we play fast and skilled, and not dirty. and us winning means that several people and teams that you hate will not win their first - which should be everyone's #2 priority.

we are a superb compromise. and unlike how i will always root for lebron, and always did root for tiger, why is it so hard for people to sit back and appreciate a generational talent?

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu May 17, 2018 4:43 pm

They hate us cause they ain't us.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Thu May 17, 2018 4:57 pm

internet says that the sully article was gratuitous and hypocritical. because we are not a classy team or fanbase. and because it's...impolite (?) to be sad that you lost after winning so much.

i'm telling you, internet...you're on thin ice.
The instrument which could measure my indifference to such comments has yet to be invented.

@columbia

@Blue Canary

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm

internet says that the sully article was gratuitous and hypocritical. because we are not a classy team or fanbase. and because it's...impolite (?) to be sad that you lost after winning so much.

The instrument which could measure my indifference to such comments has yet to be invented.

@columbia

@Blue Canary
Hah! Nice, Guinness! :thumb: That sounds like it would be a Charles Emerson Winchester quote, but I'm pretty sure it's Hawkeye.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 pm

I miss our team.

I actually miss the oscillating feelings of impending doom juxtaposed with those of hope and glory, leaping from frayed nerve to frayed nerve.

I miss the feeling what I can only imagine is the most joyful of bleeding ulcers.

I miss our team in the playoffs.

Last edited by Blue Canary on Thu May 17, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 pm

@columbia

@Blue Canary
Hah! Nice, Guinness! :thumb: That sounds like it would be a Charles Emerson Winchester quote, but I'm pretty sure it's Hawkeye.
Hawkeye is correct. I believe it was in "Alcoholics Unanimous", season 3... :)

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu May 17, 2018 6:26 pm

From Dreger’s twitter
Finland’s loss is Pittsburgh’s gain. Sources say the Pens have agreed to terms with Finnish Dman, Juuso Riikola. Left shot. 24 yrs old.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu May 17, 2018 6:27 pm

From Dregers twitter
Finland’s loss is Pittsburgh’s gain. Sources say the Pens have agreed to terms with Finnish Dman, Juuso Riikola. Left shot. 24 yrs old.
Whoa, Viva la Ben and I are on the same wavelength. Poor, ViB... :fist:

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

:lol:

Guinness

Postby Guinness » Thu May 17, 2018 6:33 pm

I miss our team.

I actually miss the vascillating feelings of impending doom juxtaposed with those of hope and glory, leaping from frayed nerve to frayed nerve.

I miss the feeling what I can only imagine is the most joyful of bleeding ulcers.

:thumb:

The past 2 years were such a treat, though. I thought I'd be really, really mad if they lost... but that night I went to bed and I reflected on the fact that I hadn't had that feeling in 3 years... since 2015. And tho' it sucked, I actually enjoyed it for a minute. If that makes any sense.

It sucks it was to the Caps, and it sucks that they're up 2-1 right now. But the odds that they or any other team will ever know what it's felt like to be a Pens fan from 10/15 to 5/18 are so remote that we may relish it forever. We few... we happy few...

I've watched my team - my favorite team in all of sports - win 5 Stanley Cups. There aren't many folks around who can say that. Sure, I'd loved to have watched them win that 6th... And maybe next year, or some subsequent year yet in my lifetime they will... They don't have to win anything again for another 30 years as far as I'm concerned. Everything else at this point is just winning on house money for me. :)

That said... I miss them, too. I miss Sid the most, because his work-ethic sets a standard for everyone. People who work that hard deserve everything they get. If there is justice in the world, he'll win his 4th at some point, because he deserves to be the winningest player of his generation.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu May 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikoooolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu May 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Oh, too late ...

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikoooolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I hope the stupid annoying air horn gets replaced by an alpenhorn.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Thu May 17, 2018 7:21 pm

1+1 sopimus, baby. Kalsarikännit!

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu May 17, 2018 7:26 pm

I miss our team.

I actually miss the vascillating feelings of impending doom juxtaposed with those of hope and glory, leaping from frayed nerve to frayed nerve.

The past 2 years were such a treat, though. I thought I'd be really, really mad if they lost... but that night I went to bed and I reflected on the fact that I hadn't had that feeling in 3 years... since 2015. And tho' it sucked, I actually enjoyed it for a minute. If that makes any sense.

It sucks it was to the Caps, and it sucks that they're up 2-1 right now. But the odds that they or any other team will ever know what it's felt like to be a Pens fan from 10/15 to 5/18 are so remote that we may relish it forever. We few... we happy few...

I've watched my team - my favorite team in all of sports - win 5 Stanley Cups. There aren't many folks around who can say that. Sure, I'd loved to have watched them win that 6th... And maybe next year, or some subsequent year yet in my lifetime they will... They don't have to win anything again for another 30 years as far as I'm concerned. Everything else at this point is just winning on house money for me. :)

That said... I miss them, too. I miss Sid the most, because his work-ethic sets a standard for everyone. People who work that hard deserve everything they get. If there is justice in the world, he'll win his 4th at some point, because he deserves to be the winningest player of his generation.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu May 17, 2018 7:37 pm

That's the face I make when I release a sbd and wait for one person to get wind of it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Now all we need is a scouting report on him.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:02 pm

I've not read any responses to the article outside of this thread. My life is pretty good.
i have hockey itches to scratch, still. and this forum is not very active. i also cling onto the hope that there is a place where fans of several teams can come together and not drop 50 IQ points when they log in, so i still explore. this is a foolish hope.

i get that we aren't the most loveable team ever assembled, but i tell ya what...if you have to pick a team win, when your team doesn't, i really don't get why we're such a bad option. we play fast and skilled, and not dirty. and us winning means that several people and teams that you hate will not win their first - which should be everyone's #2 priority.

we are a superb compromise. and unlike how i will always root for lebron, and always did root for tiger, why is it so hard for people to sit back and appreciate a generational talent?

To your last point, blame Ken Hitchcock for starting the "Crosby is a whiner" crap. It snowballed from there.

Blue Canary

Postby Blue Canary » Thu May 17, 2018 11:09 pm

To your last point, blame Ken Hitchcock for starting the "Crosby is a whiner" crap. It snowballed from there.
Yes, correct. Hitchcock was all salty because Sid, at 18, dared to take umbrage at Derian Hatcher knocking out his teeth (no call). Sid scored to win in OT.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 am

Watching the final episode of In The Room, in May, is a little depressing after the last two years.

Is it October yet?

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri May 18, 2018 7:38 am

this is actually one of few message boards i check (outside of gaming reddits sites for PUBG and fortnite), i broke up with the internet a long time ago and just share joint custody with this board. I only post every few weeks to show that its still loved

Well, you were abusive... you were known for having to get timeouts... naughty.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am

Nanananananan nuh nuh nuh nuh

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 am

Anything on Ricola, @mikey?

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 am

Yeah, this guy was everything for Sami Kapanen's KalPa team...more to follow...I'll write up a little something...