Randomness Dos

Gaucho

Randomness Dos

Postby Gaucho » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Would you rather have a colonoscopy or try the new skywalk in Shanghai?

Me, I'd rather do both than eat Cheez Balls.

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:03 pm

Prep day for a colonoscopy...You really start to question the universe and none of it in a good way.
Good luck man. I watched my dad try and drink all that stuff a couple weeks ago and it just looked like misery. He couldn't get all of it down because of the taste
Thanks, First time in about 12 tries I finished it all. Nothing worth celebrating. I will say they've come a long way in what they make you drink since I started getting these 8 years ago.
Colon hydrotherapy prep > drinking all that stuff

columbia

Randomness Dos

Postby columbia » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:04 pm

Prep day for a colonoscopy...You really start to question the universe and none of it in a good way.
What exactly does "prep" entail?

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Prep day is the bad part. Not much I wouldn't do over the prep day option. It's up there with some of the least fun I've ever had. Its literally 12+ hours on the shitter

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Used to be Satan's piss in a big jug that I never made it through half without puking. Now it's ducolax tablets for an appetizer followed by the big 268 or something grams of miralax split between two 32 oz gatorades. Then the fun begins!

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:17 pm

eddysnaked, amirite?

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:28 pm

Used to be Satan's piss in a big jug that I never made it through half without puking. Now it's ducolax tablets for an appetizer followed by the big 268 or something grams of miralax split between two 32 oz gatorades. Then the fun begins!
I think it's the 14-day supply of miralax now. I believe each dose is 17g, so that's like 238 I think...last time I mixed into this big ol' pitcher with a wood spoon and just keep filling pint glasses with it...I can drink it all in like five or so hours or whatever...

The key is don't eat a lot of real heavy stuff in the day or two before, it really makes the process go a lot easier...after that, get a good book and settle in...oh, get some baby wipes or something too, something I didn't do the first couple of times...

Best of luck eddy... :thumb:

EDIT: was the satan's piss that magnesium citrate stuff? Kind of carbonated stuff, came in a glass bottle? I think that's what my first two were done with, not the best stuff in the world certainly, but I never thought it tasted as bad as seemingly everyone else in the world...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Randomness Dos

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Wait, so they make you take a ton of nasty medicine so you poop your brains out so they can see your innards better?

I'd rather just take cancer at that point

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:37 pm

My dad kept puking and went in, and they said it wasn't clean enough. So they gave him flavored stuff and he did it all again that day and had the colonoscopy the next day. Like, why wouldn't they just give you that in the first place? Poor guy didn't eat for like three days because of all the prep

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Wait, so they make you take a ton of nasty medicine so you poop your brains out so they can see your innards better?

Yep. You have to be pooping clear when you go in

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:39 pm

I think it's the 14-day supply of miralax now. I believe each dose is 17g, so that's like 238 I think...last time I mixed into this big ol' pitcher with a wood spoon and just keep filling pint glasses with it...I can drink it all in like five or so hours or whatever...

The key is don't eat a lot of real heavy stuff in the day or two before, it really makes the process go a lot easier...after that, get a good book and settle in...oh, get some baby wipes or something too, something I didn't do the first couple of times...

Best of luck eddy... :thumb:

EDIT: was the satan's piss that magnesium citrate stuff? Kind of carbonated stuff, came in a glass bottle? I think that's what my first two were done with, not the best stuff in the world certainly, but I never thought it tasted as bad as seemingly everyone else in the world...
Nope, Old stuff came in packets you mixed with water in a big plastic jug. It was like syrupy lemon pledge.

I put down the entire bottle of miralax in 2 hours today, a new school record! Dr also switched up from morning times to afternoon, so I'll go close to 48 hours without food when it's all done.at this point I'm just excited for the anesthesia.

Also the hour drive to upmc makes for a real interesting road trip
Last edited by eddy on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Randomness Dos

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:41 pm

It's convos like this that make me wish I had a scat fetish

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Itt people enjoy eating poison
Everything is a poison if consumed in sufficient enough quantities. Even water.

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:54 pm

Prep day is the bad part. Not much I wouldn't do over the prep day option. It's up there with some of the least fun I've ever had. Its literally 12+ hours on the shitter
Sounds like a good justification to buy a Kindle if you don't own one. You can finish one book, shop for and buy another, and keep on reading all without getting off the crapper.

Algernon

Randomness Dos

Postby Algernon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:55 pm

Thats not how the english language works :lol:

Morkle

Randomness Dos

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:55 pm

I would give one night of pooping to prevent nights of painful cancer lol.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Thats not how the english language works :lol:
It is if you talk it good.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:11 pm

After 8 months I have determined that Beaver, PA sucks. It actually took less time but I was lying to myself for a while. I miss diversity. I went months without speaking to, let alone seeing, a black person.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:12 pm

I had a colonoscopy when I was 12 because our doctor was a sadistic ****. I remember the prep and I remember the actual procedure being horrendously painful.

columbia

Randomness Dos

Postby columbia » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:19 pm

I've presumed that eddy snake is well south of 50, so confused by this being his second time at the rodeo.

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:20 pm

After 8 months I have determined that Beaver, PA sucks. It actually took less time but I was lying to myself for a while. I miss diversity. I went months without speaking to, let alone seeing, a black person.
#TrumpCountry

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:20 pm

I had a colonoscopy when I was 12 because our doctor was a sadistic ****. I remember the prep and I remember the actual procedure being horrendously painful.
"Doctor"

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:24 pm

Source of the post I put down the entire bottle of miralax in 2 hours today, a new school record! Dr also switched up from morning times to afternoon, so I'll go close to 48 hours without food when it's all done.at this point I'm just excited for the anesthesia.

Also the hour drive to upmc makes for a real interesting road trip
- Nice. That beats my best time (which I believe is a shade under 4 hours).
- Weak. That first slot in the morning is the way to go. They could schedule me at like 5:30 am..."sold!" anything to not sit around all day not eating or drinking.
- I'll don't envy that trip...thankfully, now a days, I can walk five blocks over to Jefferson Hospital where, in a stroke of luck, my GI moved to after being at my local hospital in NJ when I was younger, so I've kept to keep the same guy (though I was lucky to go through a stretch where I hadn't seen him for 7 or so years, for a Crohn's patient, that's like striking oil)...

@PFIDC that is sadistic...I've always been fortunate enough to be knocked out for any of these proceedings...

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:27 pm

"Doctor"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That ought to wipe out the rest of the churches right there...

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:29 pm

I've presumed that eddy snake is well south of 50, so confused by this being his second time at the rodeo.
35 and this is around my 12th time. I'm prone to cancerous polyps. This is my first time waiting 3 years in between so while that's been a good sign of them not coming back in large amounts, I'm also a little nervous to see what happened in that amount of time. First time I went probably saved my life, another couple months of waiting and I may not be here today. I was doing this every 6 months for a couple years, not pleasant.