15-16 Fantasy Football thread

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:17 pm

It was a bad draft. Is that not the league where you said that you got lacy and leveon off waivers a couple years ago? Youre playing against people whose football knowledge mirrors your height reaching the finals doesnt mean much.
What? No...that was a different, now defunct, league

And I only picked up Bell on waivers. I drafted Lacy (it was both their rookie years where not much was expected from them anyway)

I find it funny how you're so resistant to admitting it was a good draft. Top WR, top TE, Ivory and Brees are both top 7 at their positions, Cooper and Sanders are top 20 and Yeldon was serviceable

Top points scored in the league too

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:26 am

Great, Brees has a torn plantar fasciita and might not be able to play this week. My waiver options are Fitzpatrick, Cousins and Tyrod.

Who do I go with?

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:27 am

Cousins

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:38 am

Fantasy Pros lists them in order, Cousins, Fitzpatrick and Taylor as 11-13 so it really is a small margin.

My initial thought is Fitzpatrick since he's playing the best team and will have to throw a lot. Plus, he has the best receivers

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:01 pm

Fitz

Run screaming from Taylor.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Fantasy Pros lists them in order, Cousins, Fitzpatrick and Taylor as 11-13 so it really is a small margin.

My initial thought is Fitzpatrick since he's playing the best team and will have to throw a lot. Plus, he has the best receivers

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:02 pm

In other news, want to get the opinion of those who play - a league that has matchups each week in which everyone plays each other once (14 teams) uses points and not head-to-head as tiebreakers for regular season money and playoff matchups. Thoughts?
I didn't know there was an alternative. It should always be points. The one-time matchup has nothing to do with anything.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Pick a WR, a RB and a FLEX

Aiken, Draughn, J Allen, Cooper, Christine Michael

I'm leaning towards Aiken, Allen and Michael

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Who is Cooper?

I always like C.Mike and he impressed last week, very explosive. Ya never know when he just doesn't get any carries, but I think he had 16 last week and didn't waste them...that gives him a career total of probably 17 carries...so fresh legs...

Draughn is bad, but he might get the most workload...somehow...is J.Allen that Buck Allen thing from Baltimore...? If so, I can't imagine how anyone views him as more talented than Terrance West. Probably a good idea for the hapless Ravens to give West an audition to be their starter next season as they only have two decent young backs there (West, Taliaferro)...

Aiken doesn't appear to be good and has no QB...but unless Cooper is Amari Cooper (in which case, it's a no brainer to play him over all players here), then Aiken is the only WR anyhow...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Who is Cooper?

I always like C.Mike and he impressed last week, very explosive. Ya never know when he just doesn't get any carries, but I think he had 16 last week and didn't waste them...that gives him a career total of probably 17 carries...so fresh legs...

Draughn is bad, but he might get the most workload...somehow...is J.Allen that Buck Allen thing from Baltimore...? If so, I can't imagine how anyone views him as more talented than Terrance West. Probably a good idea for the hapless Ravens to give West an audition to be their starter next season as they only have two decent young backs there (West, Taliaferro)...

Aiken doesn't appear to be good and has no QB...but unless Cooper is Amari Cooper (in which case, it's a no brainer to play him over all players here), then Aiken is the only WR anyhow...
Yeah it's Amari Cooper. I don't think it's as obvious as you think. Cooper has been very inconsistent this season...he's only posted double digits twice over the last six weeks including two goose eggs. Aiken has three double digits over the same stretch and has 18 more points in standard scoring since then.

This is where your "the more skilled player is always the better play" mantra goes to crap. Cooper is undoubtedly the better football player, but Aiken is the better fantasy choice this week from what I see. He's the perfect short to midrange route runner for Shaub or Clausen, is the only receiver worthwhile on the Ravens squad meaning he gets a lot of targets and is going against a horrible secondary. Cooper on the other hand matches up against a pretty good corner in Verrett, is one of several weapons on the Raiders so the wealth is spread out much more and the Raiders will probably lean run heavy since the Chargers suck

Even if Cooper is the better play, it's hardly a "no brainer". I am tempted to put Cooper in the FLEX instead of Michael though

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:31 pm

I think he left the Lions game with an injury for a time, and then of course, there's Denver's defense...but yeah, if an entire philosophy "goes to crap" because of one cherry-picked situation in your eyes, then by all means, carry on...I'll continue to win my leagues drafting talent over situation because across the board, on the whole, that will win out...no question.

It's not even that Aiken is a bad play necessarily...I'm sure he is a fine flex play given that he is the only remotely NFL caliber player on the field...in that case, Aiken shouldn't be in your list of choices between the situation and your fervent defense of existence, he would be a lock to play over the others listed...

And aren't most of those 18 points (in this six week window) gotten on an undefensed hail mary at the end of a half...? :lol: Seems sustainable. But that said, I'm not disagreeing that he's probably worth a play this week...I'm not 100% sure on what Aiken is, but guess is that he's nothing noteworthy. I know his QB is nothing. Tough to bet on double-no-talents coming through in a championship game scenario...but all the best, I hope it works out...
Last edited by mikey on Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:33 pm

For all I know, you could be playing in a league full of Craigs

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:55 pm

Ew, didn't realize Amari Cooper played tonight...bleh...

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Ew, didn't realize Amari Cooper played tonight...bleh...
I decided to put him in for Allen and am paying the price. Nothing so far through 1.5 quarters

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:26 pm

This is what I get for being convinced by mikey

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:19 am

Cooper: two catches for -9 yards

hahahahahahahahaahaha

Orlando Penguin

Postby Orlando Penguin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:18 am

In other news, want to get the opinion of those who play - a league that has matchups each week in which everyone plays each other once (14 teams) uses points and not head-to-head as tiebreakers for regular season money and playoff matchups. Thoughts?
I didn't know there was an alternative. It should always be points. The one-time matchup has nothing to do with anything.
So if the one-time matchup has nothing to do with anything, then why have them? I still haven't been convinced by anyone's argument.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:15 am

So if the one-time matchup has nothing to do with anything, then why have them? I still haven't been convinced by anyone's argument.
Because we play against another team because that's the nature of sport. We like to have individual games as opposed to a mass coagulation of points at the end of the year. However, it really is those points that show who was the better team. Because if you end up tied with me in the standings but the week we played, half your team was on bye, then it wasn't really your team that I beat...so you end up missing the playoffs on a scheduling "conflict"...

The matchup itself is meaningless other than it provides some measuring stick on a weekly basis...why that would be a random.tiebreaker is beyond me or anyone I have ever played in a real league with...

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:19 am

hahahahahahahahaahaha
If you were watching, you would know he didn't have -9 yards haha...

He was clearly more hurt than a "probable" status indicated. Didn't get as many snaps...sorry brah...I had him going in champ game too in one league...

Craig

Postby Craig » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:09 am

This is what I get for being convinced by mikey
Thats what you get for asking for someone to set your lineup for you. You put together the ultimate fantasy team, why dont you trust yourself to pick the players for each week's matchup?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:13 am

hahahahahahahahaahaha
If you were watching, you would know he didn't have -9 yards haha...

He was clearly more hurt than a "probable" status indicated. Didn't get as many snaps...sorry brah...I had him going in champ game too in one league...
Yeah I know. I didn't know they logged laterals like that as negative yards.

If Carr ran the ball in the endzone after that lateral by Cooper, would Cooper still have negative yards?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:14 am

Actually never mind, they changed it and removed the negative yardage. Got 1 point from him now, woo

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:18 am

I played him over Tavon Austin, let's see if that affects my chance at winning...Jarvis Landry and Danny Amendola are beat up themselves...probably just gonna rely on Carson Palmer and David Johnson to will me to victory once again...

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:29 pm

I sat Cooper in one league and played Murray in another. Its too bad you didn't ask for my advice

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:24 pm

I sat Cooper in one league and played Murray in another. Its too bad you didn't ask for my advice
I did, you just didn't answer in time :slug: