Politics And Current Events

nocera

Postby nocera » Sun May 26, 2024 10:38 pm

Et tu, Babylon Bee?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon May 27, 2024 7:18 am

@Shyster , you didn’t even mention the most appealing thing about him: he’s 38.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon May 27, 2024 8:39 am

They should require all candidates to submit an official Top 10 list or Top 20 list, simplified into bullets like shyster did. Better yet you should just have that list blinded in the voting booth.

Actually nah let's just keep having run of the mill campaign ads with sound bytes taken out of context. Works way better IMO

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 27, 2024 8:17 pm

Happy Memorial Day, human scum!

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue May 28, 2024 2:27 am

pew pew pew

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue May 28, 2024 8:42 am

If I don't believe it yet, I guess I'm never going to believe that otherwise seemingly sane people read that ish and still want to vote for the guy, because "sanctity of life" or "Biden's policies are worse" or whatever.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 28, 2024 8:45 am

They should require all candidates to submit an official Top 10 list or Top 20 list, simplified into bullets like shyster did. Better yet you should just have that list blinded in the voting booth.

Actually nah let's just keep having run of the mill campaign ads with sound bytes taken out of context. Works way better IMO
Isn't this just the party platforms that they release at the conventions?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue May 28, 2024 8:56 am

If I don't believe it yet, I guess I'm never going to believe that otherwise seemingly sane people read that ish and still want to vote for the guy, because "sanctity of life" or "Biden's policies are worse" or whatever.
Every single person I’ve talked to in real life that supports Trump thinks that every single case brought against him is fake. Every. Single. One. There is simply no truth getting through to them anymore.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 28, 2024 9:01 am

I feel like this is just the inevitability of politics and government.

I don't think it really matters how many parties you have, there is eventually going to be a winning and a losing party. The democrats are clearly the losing party here because they aren't capable of playing the same game. It really feels like having to win an election to stop an authoritarian movement is not sustainable.

I think though that worst case scenario is just that Trump takes back control of the federal government and loots the purse. Blue states will just be more indepentish, and Trump is not going to care to make like Gavin Newsome bend the knee, he's just going to tweet a bunch of stupid ****, make terrible foreign policy decisions that benefit his autocrat buds, and unfortunately torment migrants at the border. And I guess also bad, the Trumpkins, with the help of the Heritage foundation and the Federalist Society will be able to manipulate the system to keep the democrats from gaining electorally for the short term. Then some financial or other crisis will eventually happen, and the gutted out federal government will be so terrible by then that even a crooked electoral system will not prevent a democrat victory

But yeah, not matter how bad Biden is, the next Trumpist cronyism is going to look like late-era Soviet mobster rule.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 28, 2024 9:59 am

No more fuddruckers?

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue May 28, 2024 10:02 am

I'm not gonna watch that but did they rearrange the first letters of each restaurant to spell FAUCI or something stupid like that?

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 28, 2024 10:05 am

The otherwise seemingly sane people that are going to vote for him will never read that sh*t. They'll see reports that he tweeted something mean and they'll never actually look at it. Ignore, Ignore, Ignore... The problem with Trump and MAGA isn't necessarily the psychos that show up on Jan. 6th. It's the people that don't care enough to watch it and just vote for him anyways because R.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 28, 2024 10:10 am

I'm not gonna watch that but did they rearrange the first letters of each restaurant to spell FAUCI or something stupid like that?
I watched... it's just a list of franchise restaurants that are closing places. I don't get the text in the tweet, though: "What do you notice about this new list of restaurants closing in 2024?" Ummm... nothing other than they're all chain places? I don't get it.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 28, 2024 10:15 am

The Joe's Crab Shack location that we used to go to in Jersey closed many years ago, and I wish they'd reopen another one nearby.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 28, 2024 10:17 am

I watched... it's just a list of franchise restaurants that are closing places. I don't get the text in the tweet, though: "What do you notice about this new list of restaurants closing in 2024?" Ummm... nothing other than they're all chain places? I don't get it.

Yeah, I am probably missing the angle. Personally, I was laughing at how all the shitty chains are closing and watching Wendy bell wax poetic on the demise of old country buffet. Especially considering Wendy is most famous for being racist at the Cheesecake Factory

Not going to look deeply into this, but I am guessing it’s more a story about commercial real estate and private equity hollowing out corporations.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue May 28, 2024 10:22 am

Sounds like, by definition, it’s not a “red line” cause you’re debating it.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Tue May 28, 2024 10:29 am

MWB

Postby MWB » Tue May 28, 2024 10:57 am

The otherwise seemingly sane people that are going to vote for him will never read that sh*t. They'll see reports that he tweeted something mean and they'll never actually look at it. Ignore, Ignore, Ignore... The problem with Trump and MAGA isn't necessarily the psychos that show up on Jan. 6th. It's the people that don't care enough to watch it and just vote for him anyways because R.
Because R or because they think it’s best for their bank account.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue May 28, 2024 11:20 am

Yeah, I am probably missing the angle. Personally, I was laughing at how all the shitty chains are closing and watching Wendy bell wax poetic on the demise of old country buffet. Especially considering Wendy is most famous for being racist at the Cheesecake Factory

Not going to look deeply into this, but I am guessing it’s more a story about commercial real estate and private equity hollowing out corporations.
I was gonna say something along the lines of, like Wendy Bell ever gave Old Country Buffet a second thought but can you imagine how much buffet she can fit in that huge distracting mouth?

(this is the clean version of this post which was originally about how many of something else she could fit in that huge disctracting mouth).

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue May 28, 2024 11:50 am

I was gonna say, they're all shitty chain restaurants that serve microwaved crap.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue May 28, 2024 11:53 am

Wendy Bell mad about Fuddruckers closing but probably has no clue where the nearest Fuddruckers is.

They closed the Hilton Head one pre-COVID IIRC, and that was the only one I knew for sure existed.

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Tue May 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Those are some greasy ass burgers. I remember feeling sick from eating there and wonder how tf they were in business.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue May 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Gun to my head I would have said fuddruckers closed 20 years ago

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue May 28, 2024 12:23 pm

The one in Greensburg did. While I was working at Old Country Buffet. :lol:

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 28, 2024 1:01 pm

Are they all-'Murican family establishments that have a prior history of public support of MAGA and/or shunning DEI stuff? Or do they suck for other reasons?