Video Games

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:28 pm

https://www.ea.com/games/ea-sports-coll ... ootball-25

I feel like they wouldn't list UT 3rd in the game modes if it were as prominent as some of you think it might be

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:33 pm

I feel you are a fool if you think UT will be minimized. They have a track record and its plain to see across very single game they release. HUT/MUT whatever is always front and center in every game EA puts out.

I am still super pumped for the game. I will have it day 1. I will play the heck out of it regardless, but they know where the money is to be made and that is in UT.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 1:36 pm

I have to admit I'm surprised they have online dynasty. I thought that'd be a year 3 add.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:41 pm

I'm not saying it's going to be minimized, but you are acting like UT is going to be the only thing in the game lol

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 1:46 pm

Nah there will be other modes. But judging from NHL, Madden, and FIFA (or whatever it’s called now), the priority will be ultimate team. NHL is still lacking features that existed in 14

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Fri May 17, 2024 2:06 pm

Nah, they can't mess this up.

dodint

Video Games

Postby dodint » Fri May 17, 2024 2:07 pm

Might bookmark that post for later. :lol:

Rylan

Video Games

Postby Rylan » Fri May 17, 2024 2:27 pm

I mean, i dont work there. But theres been a lot of smoke on Madden and this that they absolutely have to get Dynasty modes correct. And with it coming back and the build time they've had...this is something that could have people trusting a brand again. They can't mess that up. But its EA, so they will.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri May 17, 2024 2:30 pm

They have been saying they would fix Madden's franchise mode to not be trash for a decade + and they've never ever done it. They've tried to add stupid stuff, or stuff that was already there that they took away, but it's still the same crappy mode.

Much like the Pirates...EA doesn't deserve the benefit of any doubt for this sorts of stuff. THey make so much money on UT I don't even blame them to be honest, but it still sucks for those who want a great franchise mode or dynasty mode in college football.

genoscoif

Video Games

Postby genoscoif » Fri May 17, 2024 3:20 pm

I always find these discussions fascinating.

All I ever hear is how much money they make on MUT, yet I have never heard from or met a single person that loves MUT. I know people who 'play it', but the structure seems to be universally hated.....so how do they make so much money on it? Point being it's gotta be popular and, thus, a huge money maker. I just don't know who it's popular with, or who is dropping mad cash on it.

skullman80

Video Games

Postby skullman80 » Fri May 17, 2024 3:25 pm

I always find these discussions fascinating.

All I ever hear is how much money they make on MUT, yet I have never heard from or met a single person that loves MUT. I know people who 'play it', but the structure seems to be universally hated.....so how do they make so much money on it? Point being it's gotta be popular and, thus, a huge money maker. I just don't know who it's popular with, or who is dropping mad cash on it.
It's popular with the younger crowd and those who post all over social media. At least that has been my take away. Not saying there aren't some older folks who also do it, but it seems like its a younger person thing. I literally never even open the mode on any of those games, but it's not geared towards me. I throw away money on enough stupid **** that even I draw the line at UT, but many many many don't.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 3:27 pm

It's hugely popular. Watch any streamer with a decent audience, they're playing MUT. Now, the big names get their money or packs for free in exchange for streaming the game but their viewers don't really care. Opening packs gets views. For online play, it also gives you some replayability and something to work toward (building your team). I don't like it, but I've also never spent a dime on a game beyond the initial purchase so I'm not the target audience.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 3:33 pm

My GamePass Ultimate expires in 4 days, and I don't think I'll be renewing. I feel like there has been a lack of quality games coming to GPU recently.

Just confirming what everybody already expected. Hopefully all of the old games are added as well and some of those get new life. My GPU ends in July 2025. I got in before they did away with the conversion trick. I don't think I'll be renewing either. I'll just purchase COD separately.

I have been playing The Show thanks to Game Pass. That's something I wouldn't have bought separately. But there's not enough there to justify the cost for me.

NTP66

Video Games

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 17, 2024 3:43 pm

My GamePass Ultimate expires in 4 days, and I don't think I'll be renewing. I feel like there has been a lack of quality games coming to GPU recently.

Just confirming what everybody already expected. Hopefully all of the old games are added as well and some of those get new life. My GPU ends in July 2025. I got in before they did away with the conversion trick. I don't think I'll be renewing either. I'll just purchase COD separately.

I have been playing The Show thanks to Game Pass. That's something I wouldn't have bought separately. But there's not enough there to justify the cost for me.
I’ve tried playing COD, but just can’t get into it. Part of me hates the whole scavenging for items and weapons games, too. That’s certainly not enough for me to change my mind, and honestly, I’ll go the same route - simply purchasing a game that actually appeals to me instead of giving MS a monthly allowance.

nocera

Video Games

Postby nocera » Fri May 17, 2024 3:46 pm

I don't play Warzone (which is F2P btw) but I still love the traditional COD multiplayer. I find myself playing Cold War most, even though it's almost 4 years old now. The movement just feels right and the community is still super active. You might dig multiplayer over Warzone.

DigitalGypsy66

Video Games

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 17, 2024 8:34 pm

That's all my kids do on Madden and MLB the Show, are MUT and trading cards or the equivalent. They don't build teams and only recently do they build a player in The Show. It's all completing challenges to get fantasy players or whatever it's called. Very shallow imo, but they are the target demo.

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Sat May 18, 2024 1:13 am

I'm having an absolute blast with D4. This is the first time since S1 I got a character into T4, and have already surpassed my prior high in levels (75). Also leveled a glyph to 15 for the first time... all in the first few days of the season. Already finding some 925 level gear as well.

The game is just way more fun to play now.

MR25

Video Games

Postby MR25 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am

I put way too much time into it yesterday.

Started the afternoon at level 43. Finished (because the game crashed) at level 73. First half was solo and I was pushing WT3 NMDs 10 levels above my actual. Took a break, then hopped on with my old roommate who was a 71 minion necro. He pulled me through the capstone at level 55, played some T4 Helltide, then ran Varshan, Grigoire, and somehow killed Duriel at levels 73 and 61 (though I did die at like 55% health remaining and stayed dead til the fight was over). I think I have all but my helmet sitting at 925, and keeping blowing all my gold tempering items.

All in all, I wish I had done druid sooner. I'm just loving the sheer power of it. I blink, hit a pulverize, and everything dies. I think the only time(s) I've died outside of Duriel/Uber bosses were fighting the big Helltide boss.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2024 8:57 am

S4 of D4 feels like Diablo of old a bit. Just ripping through levels finally with a Necro. Absolutely love the changes they’ve made.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon May 20, 2024 9:08 am

The minions are crazy, we are back to one shotting the bosses at level 80. I got to 60 with my flamethrower sorcerer and am having so much fun. My kid got to level 90 over the weekend so he's been pulling me along for everything. I'm around 20,000 attack power at level 60 without any uniques. This is fun.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2024 9:21 am

I saw you hop on last night @eddy - I almost just randomly joined you lol

the wicked child

Video Games

Postby the wicked child » Mon May 20, 2024 9:24 am

Almost made it to 100 yesterday, maybe about 2/3 through 99.

Having a bit of an issue switching to the Endgame settings for mages and Golem, but I don't really need the extra dps just yet so I stuck with my previous settings.

Once I masterwork my gear and get some more armor and such it should be a lot more feasible.

I'm not looking to push deep into the Pit yet however. I'm more likely to run another character first.

And I'd like to echo what Morkle said... This is the experience that was missing. The actual fun.

They do ultimately need more endgame stuff, but the process of getting there should be fun, not a massive slog, and they nailed it.

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2024 9:33 am

I’m running a shadow summoner build that focuses on Bone Storm. I went from Army of the dead, and I think I enjoyed the Army of the Dead build more.

I’m at I think 80 right now, so I have time to switch, imo before the work becomes cumbersome.

eddy

Video Games

Postby eddy » Mon May 20, 2024 9:54 am

I saw you hop on last night @eddy - I almost just randomly joined you lol
Anytime!

Morkle

Video Games

Postby Morkle » Mon May 20, 2024 9:56 am

Almost made it to 100 yesterday, maybe about 2/3 through 99.

Having a bit of an issue switching to the Endgame settings for mages and Golem, but I don't really need the extra dps just yet so I stuck with my previous settings.

Once I masterwork my gear and get some more armor and such it should be a lot more feasible.

I'm not looking to push deep into the Pit yet however. I'm more likely to run another character first.

And I'd like to echo what Morkle said... This is the experience that was missing. The actual fun.

They do ultimately need more endgame stuff, but the process of getting there should be fun, not a massive slog, and they nailed it.

The 50-100 grind S1-3 was so bad I actually quit the game mid-S2. I blinked yesterday and I’m like 80. Just straight up didn’t want to stop playing the game. That’s what I’ve been missing with Diablo. Glad they’ve figured out that’s what their core cares about.