Hockey Randomness

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:49 am

In no way is what this kid did defensible, but I have a real hard time with someone being shut out of a job they're qualified to do. There are also things about this story I don't like... for example I was not aware that you could catch an STD from middle school piss water.

The whole thing sucks, honestly Boston already damaged their reputation they should have just stuck with it and force the kid to face the media

MR25

Hockey Randomness

Postby MR25 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:13 am

The kid still has yet to directly apologize to the family. In addition, his friends (who weren't part of the original incident) and family continue to harass the family of the kid he bullied. Miller's agent also lied about steps Miller has taken to rehabilitate himself, claiming that Miller has been working with the Carnegie Institute. The institute acknowledged that Miller reached out initially but has never followed up or entered any of their programs.

The point of my post being, this doesn't sound like someone who has learned their lesson and deserves to get a 2nd chance. It has the appearance of someone who is sorry they got caught, and is sorry that they're facing consequences for their actions.

That the Bruins signed him without doing their homework (apparently they claim they only knew of 1 incident, not the years of abuse, despite the whole story coming out when AZ drafted him. They also never got in contact with the victim's family to make sure the proper reconciliation steps were taken) is a **** joke and they deserve all the vitriol they're getting.

NTP66

Hockey Randomness

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:14 am

Source of the post That the Bruins signed him without doing their homework (apparently they claim they only knew of 1 incident, not the years of abuse, despite the whole story coming out when AZ drafted him. They also never got in contact with the victim's family to make sure the proper reconciliation steps were taken) is a **** joke and they deserve all the vitriol they're getting.
:thumb:

dodint

Hockey Randomness

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:17 am

but I have a real hard time with someone being shut out of a job they're qualified to do.
He's qualified to do lots of jobs.

Lelldorin

Hockey Randomness

Postby Lelldorin » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:48 am

The kid still has yet to directly apologize to the family. In addition, his friends (who weren't part of the original incident) and family continue to harass the family of the kid he bullied. Miller's agent also lied about steps Miller has taken to rehabilitate himself, claiming that Miller has been working with the Carnegie Institute. The institute acknowledged that Miller reached out initially but has never followed up or entered any of their programs.

The point of my post being, this doesn't sound like someone who has learned their lesson and deserves to get a 2nd chance. It has the appearance of someone who is sorry they got caught, and is sorry that they're facing consequences for their actions.

That the Bruins signed him without doing their homework (apparently they claim they only knew of 1 incident, not the years of abuse, despite the whole story coming out when AZ drafted him. They also never got in contact with the victim's family to make sure the proper reconciliation steps were taken) is a **** joke and they deserve all the vitriol they're getting.
While I generally agree with King Colbys statement, I totally agree with the quoted post. If you do not cincerely regret this and apologize, you deserve everything that is coming your way.
Last edited by Lelldorin on Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:48 am

Untrue. He apologized but the mom said it didnt count because it was court ordered. (As if an apology means jack squat anyway)

Then he apologized again via Instagram but the mom said it didn't count because he only did that because he wants to play hockey. (As if an apology means Jack squat anyway)

The Bruins "not doing their homework" is a complete falsity too. They knew - they just didn't know the backlash they would face and so they made up some BS excuse to try and save face. They do deserve the vitriol I agree with that. But they should have known it was coming and been prepared to double down, get through the noise, and let the kid's actions do the talking. Otherwise why do this in the first place?

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:50 am

And whoever is advising Miller is a total idiot. He should be out there publicly taking direct hits like a man if he wants to earn his way back

nocera

Hockey Randomness

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:55 am

I don't have a lot of tears to shed for Miller.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:28 am

I’m all for second chances and I’m not usually in a position to massively distrust a kid’s career when he made some prepubescent mistakes.

That being said, he has to at least make it seem like he’s working on himself. Get some help. Follow through. Turn it around.

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:56 am

Yes. I think it's debatable whether or not he is. If he is, he and his camp aren't doing a very good job communicating it

nocera

Hockey Randomness

Postby nocera » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:05 am

shoeshine boy

Hockey Randomness

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:32 pm

well, it's better than that white crap they wore against the Pens a few games back :vomit:

Troy Loney

Hockey Randomness

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:30 pm

In no way is what this kid did defensible, but I have a real hard time with someone being shut out of a job they're qualified to do. There are also things about this story I don't like... for example I was not aware that you could catch an STD from middle school piss water.

The whole thing sucks, honestly Boston already damaged their reputation they should have just stuck with it and force the kid to face the media
You aren’t entitled to a job. Especially in such a publicly visible role and you are a known shitbag

nocera

Hockey Randomness

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:42 am

tl;dw. He IS interested and actively trying but needs a rich partner or two.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Hockey Randomness

Postby iamjs » Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:34 pm

Yes. I think it's debatable whether or not he is. If he is, he and his camp aren't doing a very good job communicating it
Supposedly he has 25 hrs of community service on the books. Yeah, a half week. It was also court ordered.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:07 pm

25 hours? He’s basically cured!

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:59 pm

Theyre retiring Chris Neil's number in Ottawa.

Pens better get Eric Godard on the line

Gaucho

Hockey Randomness

Postby Gaucho » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:29 pm

dumb

RonnieFranchise

Hockey Randomness

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:20 pm

Hilarious

meecrofilm

Hockey Randomness

Postby meecrofilm » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:56 am

bah gawd

dodint

Hockey Randomness

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:44 am

By a weird stroke of coincidence, my friend already had tickets to that game. :lol:

Ottawa in February, woowee, sounds like fun.

mikey

Hockey Randomness

Postby mikey » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:03 am

Yeah, that's a pretty tough one...Chris Neil played 1000 games there (which is insane), but throw him in your ring of honor or give him the keys the rink or something..a number retirement, a common number too, 25 is a tough one...

MR25

Hockey Randomness

Postby MR25 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Dickie Dunn

Hockey Randomness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:53 pm

Miller is a psychotic piece of **** and hopefully he gets hit by a bus.

dodint

Hockey Randomness

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:14 pm

A short one, if karma is real.