Hockey Randomness

willeyeam

Hockey Randomness

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:30 pm

I mean, he knew about it… I don’t really understand why this board is the only place I’ve seen people either indifferent to it or disagreeing with getting rid of these folks who were complicit.
What role did he not serve adequately? It was reported to his superior.
Well this sounds like a familiar argument I've heard somewhere before

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:34 pm

I mean, he knew about it… I don’t really understand why this board is the only place I’ve seen people either indifferent to it or disagreeing with getting rid of these folks who were complicit.
What role did he not serve adequately? It was reported to his superior.
Well this sounds like a familiar argument I've heard somewhere before
Decades of abuse (of minors) vs a single known incident.

If Q is culpable where does the buck stop? Why wouldn't every other player on the roster then be culpable too?

Plus didn't they go to Paterno first? Whereas it's not like this particular one was reported directly to Q. It went over his head, where it belongs

willeyeam

Hockey Randomness

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:37 pm

Tbh I don't know the details of this situation and was just making a silly post

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:38 pm

I read the 107 page document last night. Pretty **** up.

dodint

Hockey Randomness

Postby dodint » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:41 pm

The board with a heavy amount of PSU supporters?

Yeah man, weird.

Edit: Blah, ****, tree'd by ulf.

MR25

Hockey Randomness

Postby MR25 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:54 pm

The report showed Q was at the meeting where Aldrich's assault was discussed between the team psych, Q, GM, and Pres of Hockey Ops, and he made it a point to mention that he didn't want to disrupt the team in the playoffs by firing Aldrich and bringing the situation to light.

He's part of that problem, there.

Sure, he may not have had the final say in what to do, but he very clearly made it clear he didn't want to ruin the team's mojo and do anything about it.

willeyeam

Hockey Randomness

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:57 pm

And then apparently lied publicly about it. Wouldn't wanna upset anyone

willeyeam

Hockey Randomness

Postby willeyeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:00 pm

nocera

Hockey Randomness

Postby nocera » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:05 pm

So yeah like I was saying, he shouldn’t have covered up sexual assault.

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 pm

Yeah I missed that part. Nor do I understand how firing a video coach would mess with the team chemistry

MR25

Hockey Randomness

Postby MR25 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:45 pm

I think it was the whole "people will ask questions and the 'why' will get out and cause a distraction"

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:04 am

Yeah I hear you but at the end of the day he's not a bad guy. He made a mistake 11 years ago. The whole world learned a lot since then. He had cups in his eyes and it blurred his vision of what really matters

NTP66

Hockey Randomness

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:22 am

The last two pages of this thread have been wild, and not in a good way.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:27 am

The last two pages of this thread have been wild, and not in a good way.
Calm yourself, Nancy. No one here has an extreme opinion. There are three opinions.

I don’t care
Woof. That’s bad including Coach Q
Woof. That’s bad, but I don’t feel like Coach Q did anything wrong

willeyeam

Hockey Randomness

Postby willeyeam » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:31 am

I'm comfortable saying the guy that didn't want to report sexual assault is in fact a bad guy

meow

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:33 am

Quite the leap there, ulfster. I applaud your bravery

NTP66

Hockey Randomness

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:41 am

What Ulf said. And also, a captain only has to deal with hockey issues? GTFO with that bullshit. Leaders are supposed to be just that - leaders.

meow

Hockey Randomness

Postby meow » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:55 am

You are over-valuing what being a captain really means. Having a captain shoulder responsibility for a sexual assault allegation between a nerd video coach and a player that Toews probably didn’t even know his name? That is a big old stretch. That’s like you dealing with an issue at work because your company CEO groped his secretary. It just doesn’t make any sense.

NTP66

Hockey Randomness

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:58 am

That's not what I'm saying. If you hear or see something, you say something. Just ignoring it is unacceptable, regardless of who you are or what your role is.

MR25

Hockey Randomness

Postby MR25 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:13 am

What bothers me the most regarding Toews/the other players is that Beach received the verbal abuse in and around that locker room during camp. And no one stepped in to say "OK that's enough".

NTP66

Hockey Randomness

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:17 am

“Not his job.” “Locker room talk.”

mikey

Hockey Randomness

Postby mikey » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:29 am

Well...we don't know that no one said that either. Though, if someone did, it probably wasn't Toews. Beach was recalled from juniors to be a black ace. It's very unlikely they had much interaction at all at this point...like, they're not even practicing on the same ice for all intents and purposes...

I mean, maybe he was in a position to do something and knew something...maybe but I'm not sure he knew enough or the depth of it to make a play...and I know how easy it is for everyone in retrospect to go, "Oh, I definitely would have..." shut up. No you wouldn't.

I'm not the least bit upset about folks being held accountable here...I think if Q didn't presumably lie about his knowledge of this, he's probably still employed. I don't need Toews and Kane to go to jail because some blogger says so. I don't need the Blackhawks to not play for a year (lol).

nocera

Hockey Randomness

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:36 am

Toews and Kane are getting the appropriate amount of **** for being leaders on the team and allowing a teammate to receive verbal abuse and homophobic slurs. They don't need stripped of their C or A or punished in any other way than what's currently happening to them. By the way, the story I heard was Toews didn't know about it until the following camp, which is when the team started ragging on Beach asking where his boyfriend Aldrich was. Maybe it's not up to Toews to report on sexual assault, but I would think it'd be his job to unite the team.

Bowman & MacIsaac stepped down. Q is gone. Cheveldayoff is likely next. Aldrich's name will probably be x'd out on the Cup.

King Colby

Hockey Randomness

Postby King Colby » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:45 am

I'm where mikey is with Q. Lying about his knowledge of the event was the nail in his coffin. Would have been better off saying he and the rest of the world learned a lot about these types of situations and their impact in the last 11 years and he would have acted differently, done more than "let someone else handle", etc. But to actually say you are hearing about it for the first time was the end.

Regarding the "locker room talk" thing, F off. I said recently in another thread that there's been a lot of ground taken on gay acceptance in the past 10 years, to the point where gay bashers actually stand out now, in a bad way. I still have one or two people in my life that say "f*ggot" and mostly everyone thinks they're complete losers.

Plus did the players even know the extent of the incident, or just that beach was hanging around that creep and then gave him a hard time (probably because they all knew he was a **** weirdo).

faftorial

Hockey Randomness

Postby faftorial » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:00 am

What bothers me the most regarding Toews/the other players is that Beach received the verbal abuse in and around that locker room during camp. And no one stepped in to say "OK that's enough".
:thumb: