NHL Games

mikey

NHL Games

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:21 pm

Yeah, what's his face quit because of the mistreatment of Mason...Jeff Reese I think was their goalie coach...made him play through a concussion in last year's playoffs vs. Rangers, some squabbling about injuries this year, random pullings, etc.

Avyran

NHL Games

Postby Avyran » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Go Hawks. Part of me would love to see the Flames knock the Kings out of playoff contention.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

NHL Games

Postby meow » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:50 pm

@RegressedPDO: There are only 2 teams in the NHL that have scored fewer 5 on 5 goals than Buffalo since February 1st:
Arizona and CHICAGO

Avyran

NHL Games

Postby Avyran » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Go Hawks. Part of me would love to see the Flames knock the Kings out of playoff contention.

Thanks, Hawks.

Avyran

NHL Games

Postby Avyran » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:39 am

Gfycat Video - Click to Play
Ritchie broke Monahan's helmet with the end of his stick. A few links to more angles: here, here, & here.

mikey

NHL Games

Postby mikey » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:37 am

That's Brett Ritchie, budding power forward. He is now switched on [Autokill].

shafnutz05

NHL Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:11 am

:shock:

dodint

NHL Games

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Turned on Caps @ MTL and Price gives up two straight shots, from Ward and Ovechkin. I never get to see anything cool.

shafnutz05

NHL Games

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 pm

I just watched the player safety video of the Byfuglien cross check. Wow, that was nasty. It is not an exaggeration to say that he easily could have snapped JT Miller's spine with his stick, and Miller is probably lucky to be walking at this point.

dodint

NHL Games

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:02 pm

I hope Price is this human in the playoffs. Ovi's first was high art compared to the second.

Oh, Caps score again. This time on a nice deflection. Pffffffft.

Jofa Guy

NHL Games

Postby Jofa Guy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:35 am

Went to the Stars vs Blues game tonight, holy crap that was crazy.

I was pretty "into" the game if you know what I mean, but I didn't notice Bortuzzo at all except for his first shift. I am almost blind because I really need contacts, so maybe I didn't recognize him fully.

I did notice, however, that dude is tall as hell

Jofa Guy

NHL Games

Postby Jofa Guy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:37 pm

That's Brett Ritchie, budding power forward. He is now switched on [Autokill].
I watch decent amount of Stars games and I agree, Ritchie is awesome. What's your opinion on Kari? He's not having a good year, but you would say he is in the better half of goalies in the league, no?

Just trying to get your opinion on him, all these stars fans are calling for his head, but I don't think they have anyone that would really be a better choice. I know they have Enroth, a good prospect (forgot his name) and I'm pretty sure Jack Campbell hasn't developed fully, but you would know better than me.

mikey

NHL Games

Postby mikey » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:50 pm

I love Kari...I think he's a game stealer, but this year, he's been a re-gifter...has not had a good year...he was my desktop wallpaper for most of the year last year, I had to switch it Tomas Plekanec because he was playing so bad... :lol

He's probably a guy I would have top-15 off the top of my head looking at the bigger picture...this season, he wouldn't be top-20...he could have been brought up several counts of theft last season, but this year, no such luck...bad goals at bad times...the Stars are particularly horrid in the third frame...has cost them a playoff berth...last night was a microcosm of that...

Enroth is a fine goaltender, but probably not one that can start 55+ games for a playoff team...he's a fighter, almost a modern Arturs Irbe with less standup to his game...Jack Campbell is the good prospect, unless you're referring to Rimouski goalie Philippe Desrosiers...

They're married to Kari, so they better get used to him and he better get better and they better get a little more involved defensively too...

Jofa Guy

NHL Games

Postby Jofa Guy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:55 pm

I love Kari...I think he's a game stealer, but this year, he's been a re-gifter...has not had a good year...he was my desktop wallpaper for most of the year last year, I had to switch it Tomas Plekanec because he was playing so bad... :lol

He's probably a guy I would have top-15 off the top of my head looking at the bigger picture...this season, he wouldn't be top-20...he could have been brought up several counts of theft last season, but this year, no such luck...bad goals at bad times...the Stars are particularly horrid in the third frame...has cost them a playoff berth...last night was a microcosm of that...

Enroth is a fine goaltender, but probably not one that can start 55+ games for a playoff team...he's a fighter, almost a modern Arturs Irbe with less standup to his game...Jack Campbell is the good prospect, unless you're referring to Rimouski goalie Philippe Desrosiers...

They're married to Kari, so they better get used to him and he better get better and they better get a little more involved defensively too...
For some reason I thought Jack Campbell wasn't as touted as he used to be, but I can't back that up because I haven't kept up with him. Philippe Desrosiers was who I was referring to.

The stars were horrid last night in the third period, it was quite a game to watch haha. I am glad you agree that Kari is a good goalie, because all of my friends and other fans here in Dallas think that he's awful. I keep on defending him, obviously not for this season, but he's just having a bad year and I truly believe that he'll shape into his former self. At least Dallas has Klingberg

mikey

NHL Games

Postby mikey » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:59 pm

That was actually my game to watch last night, so I saw it too...sloppy and unkempt all around, but for people that love red lights, it was a treat I'm sure...a lot of bad goals last night though, my goodness...the Blues dropped seven on you without their best offensive threat...

Craig

NHL Games

Postby Craig » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:02 pm

I only watched a bit of that game but that one schwartz goal(the first?) was pretty nice. When you set a record for combined goal over a period of time, thats not good.

Jofa Guy

NHL Games

Postby Jofa Guy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Before the game I was thinking that I wouldn't mind seeing a decent amount of goals, but how they went in was just ridiculous. Benn's goals weren't bad though, he's so good. Schwartz is so awesome too. The stars have to have the worst mascot in the league by the way, he looks like the Mucinex booger

Avyran

NHL Games

Postby Avyran » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:12 pm

Meanwhile in WPG/VAN, they're apparently calling things much tighter. Myers to the penalty box on a slight trip (it was the correct call, though).

Go Winnipeg. Keep the Kings out of the playoffs (for no real reason except I want to see last year's winner out)!

Jofa Guy

NHL Games

Postby Jofa Guy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:05 pm

Meanwhile in WPG/VAN, they're apparently calling things much tighter. Myers to the penalty box on a slight trip (it was the correct call, though).

Go Winnipeg. Keep the Kings out of the playoffs (for no real reason except I want to see last year's winner out)!
I don't have a problem with the kings, they're one of my better liked western conference teams, but I agree fully. It'd also be sweet to watch a wpg playoff game

Avyran

NHL Games

Postby Avyran » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Great start for the Caps :roll: . One goal by the Sens, then three penalties within two minutes of each other. Sens have scored two 5-on-3 goals and still have a power play for another minute.

Must be nice to score on the power play like that.

Robot B9

NHL Games

Postby Robot B9 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:04 pm

Crazy game, big plays by OTT. 3 pts back of Pens with 4 to play, including a 4-point game this week, at home.

Avyran

NHL Games

Postby Avyran » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Pretty much the worst possible outcome from the game, in terms of the Pens & the standings.

Fun game to watch, though.

Robot B9

NHL Games

Postby Robot B9 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:24 pm

BOS won, too. Not good.

mikey

NHL Games

Postby mikey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Holtby injured, having trouble getting up after a long stretch save attempt down two men...

He'll stay in, but he took a while to get going...

Rylan

NHL Games

Postby Rylan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Hopefully Holtby is fine. He's a very good goalie that was underrated until this year.