Health and Fitness

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:29 pm

New recommendation for the pooper camera is 45. Check with your insurance first. Not all have shifted from 50 to 45
I'm right in the window of older than 45 and not quite 50, so I got hit with the bag in the mail right before I went in for my physical last month. Told the doc about it, and said those things aren't exactly accurate since they get false positives and sometimes don't catch everything. They catch most stuff but it's not the best test, not to mention I really didn't want to do the #2 in a bag.

Long short short, I ended up scheduling my poopcam appointment and it took almost 10 weeks to find something available that was local. Booked in early Sept but not going in until mid November. It may have been because it was a routine type and not a "hey, the doc found something so we need you here now" type.

iamjs

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:33 pm

Still bummed that I'm more than likely walking the race. Tried running the hill by the arena during lunch and the ankle just isn't 100%

Beveridge

Health and Fitness

Postby Beveridge » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:21 pm

Maybe the gown was for the blood work person.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:45 pm

c2i has gotten another check up since he made that post probably...

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:47 am

:lol:

I am now in that calendar year where all of my high school classmates and I are turning 40. Seems like every day on Facebook at least one classmate hits it. I was one of the younger kids in my class so I don't turn until next Memorial Day weekend, but it's crazy how quickly this hypothetical age that seemed like a lifetime away is suddenly here.

blackjack68

Health and Fitness

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:15 pm

New recommendation for the pooper camera is 45. Check with your insurance first. Not all have shifted from 50 to 45
I'm right in the window of older than 45 and not quite 50, so I got hit with the bag in the mail right before I went in for my physical last month. Told the doc about it, and said those things aren't exactly accurate since they get false positives and sometimes don't catch everything. They catch most stuff but it's not the best test, not to mention I really didn't want to do the #2 in a bag.

Long short short, I ended up scheduling my poopcam appointment and it took almost 10 weeks to find something available that was local. Booked in early Sept but not going in until mid November. It may have been because it was a routine type and not a "hey, the doc found something so we need you here now" type.
It’s not as bad as people made it out to be.

Work from home on Prep Day and sleep like a baby during the colonoscopy.

Have big lunch after.

See you in 10 years for me. Was a relief since Dad had it.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:15 pm

Either the person that weighs themself prior to me every single time I use the gym scale weighs exactly the same as me or I’m the only person there that uses to. I find both scenarios hard to believe

mac5155

Health and Fitness

Postby mac5155 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:22 pm

I started going to a new (third) chiropractor for my sciatic pain. Not much adjusting going on at this one either, which is why I left the last one. He uses a drop table, and only adjusted my sacrum and pelvis. I'm sure that's all that needed adjusted also, but I felt like more could've been done. I'm beginning to sour on chiropractic care because I have yet to find one that provides relief.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:38 pm

I want the chiropractic care that hot chicks in yoga pants get on YouTube. Where's my gait assessment and and spinal temperature touch analysis at?

mac5155

Health and Fitness

Postby mac5155 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:30 pm

I want every joint in my body cracked.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:55 am

We get a $50 gift card at work if we get bloodwork done (just cholesterols and sugar after a fast), so I participated a couple weeks ago with the fast and a blood draw. I'm really, really hard to get a blood draw from. I warn them every time. Every time it's the same thing. They say "Okay... I hear that all the time, but I've done this for many years, I'll be able to get you no problem." They find a vein, and the moment the needle touches my skin, the vein moves about a 1/2" one way or another. After 3 pokes and some digging, she finally got some blood. Not a full vial, but some. Apparently my vein wiggled free after she got in. She told me to check the results on their system when I get the email as she wasn't sure if it was enough and she gave me a voucher to go to the lab to try again.

I get the e-mail, I go check it. I see big, huge exclamation marks for my cholesterol. Oh ****... is it that bad? I click on it and I'm 4 points over the "normal" range on my LDLs. I'm high on my HDLs (those are the good ones) and the ratio of the two is in the "good" range. I would think that they'd have some sort of color code system where green is good, yellow is moderately high, and red was "Holy sh*t, get this checked out immediately!" But nope. In this system it's either good or big, huge, red exclamation marks. :lol:

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:39 am

I'm three rides from 500 on Peloton after working out this morning. May try to time my 500th with an actual live class...have to see what is coming up.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:43 am

I've been working solely on standing and riding. My endurance there is 1000000% awful.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:58 am

Did ride 500 this morning on the live 7am Kendall class. Not shoutout, but still a fun ride. She was having mic/audio problems during a good chunk of it.

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:27 am

I started going to a new (third) chiropractor for my sciatic pain. Not much adjusting going on at this one either, which is why I left the last one. He uses a drop table, and only adjusted my sacrum and pelvis. I'm sure that's all that needed adjusted also, but I felt like more could've been done. I'm beginning to sour on chiropractic care because I have yet to find one that provides relief.
Have you tried physical therapy? I've been doing this off and on, and I'm convinced that my core muscles are so weak that I'm constantly getting my pelvis out of alignment. When I go to therapy, they'll do the chiro's job of adjusting, but that's a very small part of it. The adjustment provides instant relief for the pain, but they work on strengthening the core muscles so your pelvis isn't going out of alignment all the time.

My problem is I'm not committed to the core exercises. I'll do it as much as the PT recommends, but once that's over I'm back to my regular routine of not doing anything. The cycle will start again in a few months, then I'll have to go back to PT. Even with my wife being a PT, she doesn't do this type of work all the time so perhaps doesn't adjust enough. I can do the exercises on my own, but just can't adjust. I'm thinking of going to a chiro to do the adjustment work and do the exercises on my own, hoping it's a cheaper route. PT was costing me about $150 per visit, so I'm not jumping on the phone to set up an appointment.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:53 am

I would advise anyone to be really careful with chiropractors. I was talking to a PA I know and she mentioned that when a relatively young person comes in presenting stroke symptoms and seem to be otherwise healthy, one of the first questions she asks is if they have seen a chiro lately.

obhave

Health and Fitness

Postby obhave » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:13 pm

I will echo @robbiestoupe about trying physical therapy for the sciatic issues @mac5155 . They worked for me. There wasn't instant relief in my case but I had a severe issue and pregnancy which meant a long road to fixing it.

I also did massage therapy and that helped with some of the pain.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:42 pm

Did ride 500 this morning on the live 7am Kendall class. Not shoutout, but still a fun ride. She was having mic/audio problems during a good chunk of it.
congrats @skullman80! that's awesome! :fist:
I'm 73 from 1000 but lately I've been walking more than riding.

mac5155

Health and Fitness

Postby mac5155 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:53 pm

Have you tried physical therapy? I've been doing this off and on, and I'm convinced that my core muscles are so weak that I'm constantly getting my pelvis out of alignment. When I go to therapy, they'll do the chiro's job of adjusting, but that's a very small part of it. The adjustment provides instant relief for the pain, but they work on strengthening the core muscles so your pelvis isn't going out of alignment all the time.

My problem is I'm not committed to the core exercises. I'll do it as much as the PT recommends, but once that's over I'm back to my regular routine of not doing anything. The cycle will start again in a few months, then I'll have to go back to PT. Even with my wife being a PT, she doesn't do this type of work all the time so perhaps doesn't adjust enough. I can do the exercises on my own, but just can't adjust. I'm thinking of going to a chiro to do the adjustment work and do the exercises on my own, hoping it's a cheaper route. PT was costing me about $150 per visit, so I'm not jumping on the phone to set up an appointment.
I do feel like hamstring stretches have just as big of an impact as the chiropractor. Anyway, I'm done with him after today anyway. I have invested $470 over the past month or so, and that's just my copays, and feel no difference after 8-9 visits. He's trying to tell me I need 24 visits. I'm out, peace.

I've been doing some lunges and getting the hip flexors as well as the hammys stretched, and it seems to be giving me some relief at least.

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:03 pm

I do feel like hamstring stretches have just as big of an impact as the chiropractor. Anyway, I'm done with him after today anyway. I have invested $470 over the past month or so, and that's just my copays, and feel no difference after 8-9 visits. He's trying to tell me I need 24 visits. I'm out, peace.

I've been doing some lunges and getting the hip flexors as well as the hammys stretched, and it seems to be giving me some relief at least.
My uncle used to experience random times where he would throw out his back and be bed ridden for a day or two. He said what solved that was hammy stretches. If it's tight, it could be pulling on the muscles and causing the misalignment problems. You may still need adjustments, but if you keep strengthening/stretching, the alignments will eventually go away.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:11 pm

congrats @skullman80! that's awesome! :fist:
I'm 73 from 1000 but lately I've been walking more than riding.
Thanks! I didn't realize I was that close until I looked last week and saw I was only a few away. The bike has really helped me at least maintain my fitness this year and overall build some more strength. It's been worth the investment for both myself and my wife.

I'm gonna try to beat you to 1000 haha.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:36 pm

it'll be tight. with the time change I'll be riding more. I was thinking of doing the Build Your Power Zones program. I was happy when I looked and saw that you don't have to do another FTP test to start it but then I noticed it's all 45 and 60 minute rides. :scared:
my go-tos are to stack a couple of 20 minute rides.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:58 pm

it'll be tight. with the time change I'll be riding more. I was thinking of doing the Build Your Power Zones program. I was happy when I looked and saw that you don't have to do another FTP test to start it but then I noticed it's all 45 and 60 minute rides. :scared:
my go-tos are to stack a couple of 20 minute rides.
I've been wanting to do that program too, but have been holding off. I'm not a fan of those longer rides either. 30 minutes is my max normally, and like you I like to stack 20 minutes classes.

My mix and match that I've been doing with rides probably isn't the best way of going about things, but it keeps me sane.

iamjs

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:17 am

Anybody have experience with panic attacks and/or treatment? I've had two in the last two weeks and figured it's finally time to see somebody about it.

Previously they were less frequent, like maybe twice a year if I was lucky. But lately they've been knocking the hell out of me and had to call people to basically talk me through it, which really sucks because I feel like I'm inconveniencing others.

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:27 am

Anybody have experience with panic attacks and/or treatment? I've had two in the last two weeks and figured it's finally time to see somebody about it.

Previously they were less frequent, like maybe twice a year if I was lucky. But lately they've been knocking the hell out of me and had to call people to basically talk me through it, which really sucks because I feel like I'm inconveniencing others.
I used to have them, but they basically took care of themselves when I moved/changed jobs. Can't say that will be your solution, and would highly recommend seeking help.

My brother has gone through a few of these, and each time has reached out to me to be a sounding board. We're not super close due to our age difference, but I've always told him that it will never be an inconvenience to me and to call ANYtime. Pretty sure the people you are reaching out to feel the same way.