Health and Fitness

NTP66

Health and Fitness

Postby NTP66 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:49 am

@NTP66

My tinnitus is just a higher-pitched white noise static, nothing like what you're describing. NTP66 might have a different take, though.
Same - high pitched frequency white noise, no fluttering or anything like that. I'd see an ENT as soon as possible, personally. Even though the last doc said your ears looked fine, it could still be some sort of infection. My ENT put me on steroid first to rule that out, and unfortunately, it was confirmed to be tinnitus. Depending on the severity, you'll learn to live with it. Hopefully it's not that bad and you can tune it out.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:18 am

I had a post queued up yesterday after dodint posted his, but it was getting too long and mawkish.

Essentially, I've been feeling similarly, but mine is more of feeling like I am stuck in a Capitalist Mortgage Payment Simulation, like a Sims like game, where I feel I only go to work/exist to service a mortgage and pay bills. Like, what is the point of any of this? I keep thinking about the lyrics to Synchronicity II (Another working day has ended/Only the rush hour hell to face/Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes/Contestants in a suicidal race etc.) and wondering how life has become this way. It's weird and not entirely new, but certainly worse since COVID.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:22 pm

Decided to push myself tonight in a low-impact ride and stood up on the bike. It's been two weeks, but I feel worlds different, and my average resting heartrate is down considerably.

With running, I could never "feel" myself getting better. On the bike, I can feel it by increasing resistance and being able to handle it. Really happy with the purchase. Just overall feel great.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Decided to push myself tonight in a low-impact ride and stood up on the bike. It's been two weeks, but I feel worlds different, and my average resting heartrate is down considerably.

With running, I could never "feel" myself getting better. On the bike, I can feel it by increasing resistance and being able to handle it. Really happy with the purchase. Just overall feel great.
:thumb: :thumb:

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:23 pm

Awesome, happy for you. That progress does feel good.

My leg didn't fall off today so I am going to try a 'real' ride tomorrow .

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:50 am

Great stuff! I'm trying to get back into bike shape.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:30 pm

Peloton's 'search by artist' function can use some help.

Searched for 'Glass Animals', 397 classes found.
Click on it, only 100 are shown.
No way to filter or sort, most of the classes are yoga.

Not great.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:38 pm

So that's one thing I've been annoyed by already - is that I thought they saved all of their live classes? Feels like there aren't that many new ones to choose from?

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:43 pm

Live classes go from the schedule to the classes repository pretty quickly. Pro tip, if you start a class that was live very recently the follow function won't be coded into the class yet (Bike+ users).

They do purge classes out of the repository after a while. It's somewhat arbitrary, but if I had to guess a lot of it is driven by expiring music rights. There are websites that track what classes are purged if you're into that.

I have some classes from 2019 still in my bookmarks so it's not systematic.

I do know what you mean though. I prefer to take Power Zone classes from Matt and Olivia, and I worked through most of them in a few months without many new ones coming out.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:48 pm

Glass Animals is ****** music, not workout music...

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:51 pm

A PZ Endurance ride to Youth and Heat Wave could probably get me to finish, sure.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:53 am

Really did not like a rock class with Jenn Sherman I just did. Talked the whole time, engaged with the studio audience, sang horribly, and stopped most of the time to motivate. Did not like it.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:55 am

Really did not like a rock class with Jenn Sherman I just did. Talked the whole time, engaged with the studio audience, sang horribly, and stopped most of the time to motivate. Did not like it.
Not a fan. I took one of her classes and it was the same for mine, I was sweating and dying on the bike and she was just chilling and talking. That does not help me get motivated.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:56 am

I like Jenn for a quasi-low impact ride, but yeah the fact that she just stops is off-putting to me. Like, if she's not into the exercise why the **** should I be into it?

I did a 'real' class last night, 30 minutes. Very surprised that I woke up to a happy leg this morning. It was aching when I went to bed but was fine when I woke up.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:57 am

Yea, she's an immediate no going forward. So far I dig Bradley Rose's classes. But this one, is just an instant avoid.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:00 pm

Yea, she's an immediate no going forward. So far I dig Bradley Rose's classes. But this one, is just an instant avoid.
Brad is a go-to for me, but he cracks me up sometimes. I did his five minute cooldown, and he stared at the camera for a good 30 seconds doing his best face for the ladies. I think he even bit his lip at one point. I like he and the older American dude, he has a lot of great rock rides.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:15 pm

Jenn Sherman is a no go for me as well.

Bradley is fun. I did a 2010 pop ride of this this morning. My wife likes him as well.

My main instructors are...

PowerZone -- Matt Wilpers and Denis Morton
Regular Rides (not too tough) -- Ally Love, Hannah C, Bradley Rose
When I want to work harder -- Emma Lovewell (especially her HIIT rides), Charlotte W (german), Sam Yo (he is sneaky hard sometimes), Olivia Amato.
When I want to get my ass kicked -- Kendall, Robin A (especially when she wears yellow)

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:20 pm

I've done Sam Yo I think the other day on a low impact ride. He was really calming honestly. I liked it.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:23 pm

Leanne, Matt, and Olivia are my core group.
I'll sprinkle in some others from time to time. I have a German ride bookmarked because I thought that guy looked amusing in Lederhosen.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:23 pm

I've done Sam Yo I think the other day on a low impact ride. He was really calming honestly. I liked it.
He is very calm, if you do some other rides with him they can be sneaky tough like I said, but he keeps you calm throughout it's a different vibe.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:59 pm

He is very calm, if you do some other rides with him they can be sneaky tough like I said, but he keeps you calm throughout it's a different vibe.
He used to be a Buddhist monk, right?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:02 pm

I love going to my gym at 11 on a weekday. There is me, hot stay-at-home moms and geriatrics.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:26 pm

Could have just said geriatrics and hot stay at home moms.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:31 pm

He used to be a Buddhist monk, right?
I believe so.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:02 pm

For those doing the Lemieux 6.6k this weekend, don't forget your cold gear. I know the weather can change, but they're calling for a low of 36 degrees on Saturday night so Sunday AM is gonna probably be low 40s at best.

That's the one thing about this race: you never know what the weather will be. I did the last two virtual so I couldn't tell you the temps for 2020 and 2021, but I know the 2019 and 2018 races were unseasonably warm at race time. One of those years was 66 degrees. When they started the race a block or so above the arena, there was one year where it was in the 20s, light snow and the wind over the bridges was brutal.

What sucks is that I'm more than likely just walking this one and maybe mix in some jogging when possible. No goal for the time, just need to drag myself over the finish line. Sprained my ankle about two weeks ago, and while it's not 100% it's still good enough to walk on that distance. If I didn't have perfect attendance at this race, I would probably have skipped this year but gotta keep the streak going.