Health and Fitness

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:16 pm

I can see why. I have been the victim of many, many tragic boating accidents.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:24 pm

This is from a few weeks ago, but there is a huge logjam of container ships trying to get into CA ports: https://www.freightwaves.com/news/insid ... raffic-jam

Assuming Pelotons, like everything else, are coming from China.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Yup, that's the problem. Hence the airlift.

FistOfCaufield

Health and Fitness

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:11 am

Some folks my wife is training are Peloton people. They said they received theirs earlier than their delivery date. I don't hold hope for that, as I imagine there are a lot of factors in play, like where you live.

It's not a big deal to wait. I just wish they gave us full access to the app instead of the $12/mo level. You can't do profiles at the lower level so the wife and I have to share.
agreed.... my wife does spinning - so this is up her alley... but until then our friends on peloton will marvel at her double workouts and lifting regiment.
Did you see the announcement right after we had this exchange? They are going to spend $100 million to start shipping them by air instead of boat. Investors are annoyed but it can only help you and I.
I do have hope if they can start that air transport immediately means maybe no delay and maybe even earlier. I was reading where the delivery group they choose (or maybe the transportation group) was not exactly one of good reputation in terms of logistics.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:21 am

I can see why. I have been the victim of many, many tragic boating accidents.
You motorboating son of a dodint! You old sailor, you!

mac5155

Health and Fitness

Postby mac5155 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:04 am

What's everyone who does keto do?

I'm not jumping fully in yet, but I'm just trying to become more conscientious about carb consumption. Been limiting myself to 30 net/day

Been trying chicken and veggies, or steak and veggies, but still get sweetness cravings. Strawberries help on that front. Beef jerky and hard boiled eggs for snacks work well too.
Did it last year and dropped 25lbs in about two months. What I really liked about it, once I got going - appetite was minimal.. no crazy hunger spells or anything like that. Also - added the bonus of really losing that water weight fairly quickly - its nice easy progress... but it can come back from a night of drinking.

Breakfast - I'm eating 3 or so scrambled eggs with cheese and drinking coffee black. There has been time I've used creamer, but that's a few carbs so I cut it out, coffee taste starting to come through.

Lunch I've been liking grilled chicken with salad and ranch dressing.

Dinner - just try to avoid the carbs, have a good protein. Sub in a salad for the crab side. Still can enjoy the big cheeseburger without the bun.

That's it - snacks are minimal because I'm just not hungry. The really fattening things Im eating there would be the cheese, and ranch dressing. I'll throw in bacon once in a while to.

I think people go wrong on keto by loading up the fat, its not necessary and I don't think that will help lose weight. Get your protein, and keep the cards under wraps.

I found I don't have to be super strict on it at this point, although I probably will try to drop another 10 or so lbs here to see what I would look like at that point as I'm in pretty good shape at the moment. If I do happen to go drinking on a weekend and have a slice or two of Pizza, I find I can quickly jump back in and be back at it in 2 or so days at most.

The hard part was giving up pizza, beer, etc.... In the end, the diet was mostly about that - giving up those really bad foods I ate too much of, keto was just a method... and I feel it worked for me because it kept appetite at bay.
Thanks for the tips! The air fryer has been a godsend, I've been doing chicken tenderloins in there and I loaded up on several different spices/rubs so I'm rotating them through. Usually do Baby Bella mushrooms on the side and salad as well. Didn't realize balsamic vinegar had carbs, not much but still.

I started doing smoothies in the morning. They're easy. Almond milk, handful of strawberries or 2 scoops of PB2, and ice. Squirt of Stevia if I want the sweetness.

I am not really thinking I am in "ketosis" but my sugar has been creeping up in bloodwork so I decided to do this. I probably consumed 3-4x the daily suggested amount of carbs before this. Right now I limit myself to around 50 a day, so probably not low enough for ketosis to happen, but i am down 13 lbs in 2 weeks.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:35 am

if you want to cut more there's a yogurt based ranch that I think tastes exactly like regular ranch. I find it in the produce section at my local Publix.
https://www.bolthouse.com/product/classic-ranch/

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:38 am

I'm strangely intrigued and horrified at the same time.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:47 pm

Yep, we've been using that dressing for years. Just bought a squeeze bottle of it last night in fact for the celery/carrots and wings for Sunday.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:06 pm

Also, my treadmill broke. Really hoping it's just the frayed wire I should have replaced when we moved. It's overheating at 1.5mi and shutting off completely. I don't want to buy a new treadmill.
If you can't fix it, I have a treadmill in my basement that I'm not using. It's a Pro-Form 385C.
So, here I am, hat in hand after quickly declining initially.

The latest part I bought still didn't fix it. I am getting tired of throwing money and time at this. And more importantly, my wife asked me to reach out to you.

If you still have it, message me here or email and lets see if we can work something out. Much appreciated.

Shyster

Health and Fitness

Postby Shyster » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:08 pm

If you want it, it's yours. I believe you own a big-ass van, so hauling it shouldn't be a problem.

Shyster

Health and Fitness

Postby Shyster » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:21 pm

Would anyone on here in the Pittsburgh area have any use for a recumbent exercise bike? My mother had bought it and never put it together. I assembled it and used it twice, but I decided that I didn't like it and bought a regular upright exercise bike. I believe it's this "Weslo" model:

https://www.kmart.com/weslo-pursuit-ct- ... 620809001P

Free to a good home. Or a bad one. I don't care.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:22 pm

If someone wanted it tomorrow I could deliver it. :lol:

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:37 am

Thanks again, the wife is very excited to get back to indoor running. And this treadmill is actually right sized for my space, the old one was a 600lb monster. :lol:

FistOfCaufield

Health and Fitness

Postby FistOfCaufield » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:11 pm

Yup, that's the problem. Hence the airlift.
I contacted them today to see if they could send the shoes and other things earlier, but I guess those are shipped with the bike.. they'd have to cancel the order and re-order to separate them.

Bummer, but all that would have done is let us use the shoes on the bikes of some of our friends who live within 5 minutes of us.. not a big loss.. I can wait.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:13 pm

That reminds me, I still need to find some size 14 and get them ordered. The ones I ordered with the bike are for the wife.

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:48 pm

I was able to convince my wife that buying a projector and 100" screen would allow us to workout in the basement while watching TV. Now I have to follow through on it. Having not consistently worked out in many years, not sure if I'll make it out alive. 44 is verrrry different than 36.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:57 pm

You ain't kidding, bud.

I did a 15 minute circuit training video, of which four minutes or so were squats and/or lunges. I was sore for four days, cripplingly so the first two. :lol:

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:04 pm

I fully expect a "15 minute circuit training video" to end up being a "15 minute resuscitation of robbiestoupe"

Last time I worked out for reals was doing P90X right before our first child was born. Boy have I fallen hard. Somehow my weight has pretty much stayed the same.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:34 pm

if you want to cut more there's a yogurt based ranch that I think tastes exactly like regular ranch. I find it in the produce section at my local Publix.
https://www.bolthouse.com/product/classic-ranch/

Bought this over the weekend on your recommendation. Legitimately delicious ranch dressing. Basically every hipster or healthy ranch is awful. This stuff is great.

mac5155

Health and Fitness

Postby mac5155 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:49 pm

I forgot to look for it.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:57 pm

It’s perishable so it’ll be in a cooler.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:03 pm

I've been getting back on track after a very very very glutton filled holidays and such. Took a week or so but back in the swing of things to get the covid weight and holiday weight off. I didn't go up crazily, but I noticed a difference when I put jeans on for the first time in like 9 moths.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Bought this over the weekend on your recommendation. Legitimately delicious ranch dressing. Basically every hipster or healthy ranch is awful. This stuff is great.
very glad that you like it. I don't know how they make it taste just like Ranch but I'll take it!

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:53 pm

I looked for it but the GE we were in was sold out. shoeshine boy is a market mover.